Status
Not open for further replies.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013

Just sayin.

Got my Halo Triton in the mail yesterday afternoon. Compared to the first cigalike I tried I am loving it.

However I am already looking at the Evic and the Itaste MVP for a upgrade pretty soon like.

My wife also also seems to be pretty hooked on it.... she wasn't even a smoker... (Giving her 0 nic juice though) so It's good that this thing came with a 2 battery 2 clearomizer setup.

I could definitely see myself using this as an all day vape for a few months. A few coil problems but I think thats mainly due to the cinnamon/ice juice we have running in one of them.

The hit isn't the strongest I was hoping for but again it is 1000x better than the cigalike I tried about a year ago.

Up to 4 juices on hand and even with the occasional burnt tasting hit I really like the Fire and Ice from hitec vapors here locally in phoenix (Whom are unbeleivably great and low priced.) and running a blend of their peanut butter and Halos Belgium chocolate for a peanutbutter cup hybrid that I could see MAYBE using as an all day vape.

Wasn't really a fan of Halos midnight apple though... Have about 5ml of the 7ml still steeping in the bottle so we will see about that one. If anyone wants to take it off my hands though by all means PM me and maybe I can just ship it out. Or if your local and want it also PM me as that might work easier.

Have a nice little shipment coming in today of Mt baker vapors, an extra tank nd 2 mini tanks from Halo.

One HUGE gripe so far with the Triton is the 808 connection.

I feel like it is going to be a gigantic pain in the .... to buy any replacements for it locally or even online besides Halos website.

Other than that its pretty flawless for the price.

I might order a set or 2 of extra coils to have as back ups but other than that I feel pretty setup.

Also how do I add a signature so I can have this counter automatically??

Thanks for reading!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Hello. My journey is similar: 30+ year smoker > Fin cig-alike >Triton Tank > iTaste MVP >???

Loving the Protanks and iClears on the MVP, but picked up a few mini-tanks for the Triton for testing. I like both systems, and look forward to Halo's forthcoming Twist battery, which will help with the vv needs of 808 connections.

Welcome to ECF!

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA

Also how do I add a signature so I can have this counter automatically??

Thanks for reading!

To set a "signature" with that banner, click on it and set your own up. Then click "settings" at the top of the forum page and copy/paste the banner you generated into the signature block. (Copy the HTML code) PM me if you have trouble with it.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
Keith, if you want to use 510 attys, just buy an 808 to 510 adapter.

Definitely a possibility. But if Halo doesnt come out with the VV triton battery soon I'll probably crack and but either a Vamo or the Ewic.

Still way under budget from what I would be spening on analogs though which helps with justifying it to myself and more importantly the wife...

Just got to keep it up.

I've thought about cigarettes a few times already today.

Not in the "I need one so bad right now" kind of way but in the "I feel like I'm missing something" kind of way.

Then I just take a vape and it subsides and I just remind myself "You don't smoke those gross things anymore."

I don't really plan on smoking anymore but if I break down and light up I'm excited to see how awful it tastes.

Or I could just leave it to my imagination and smell it from a distance.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
LOL. I can see that with most of the mods out there which is why I have ZERO regrets about the Halo Triton.

But as for the performance of the mods, at least from the viewpoint of someone like me watching youtube video reviews it looks like they produce alot more.

I wouldn't mind having something that produces high quality/quantity vapor for sitting around the house or even tossing in my backpack for trips or for work.

I work at a hospital so I'm not entirely clear about the vaping rules there yet and running into the bathroom to sneak a toot off of something so "dildonic" looking in my pocket might be frowned upon but so is smoking. And if it can get me thru a stressful night there I say it's worth the risk.

Where I'm at now is - I'm gonna hold off for a few weeks anyway, get a feel for not smoking cigs and puffing vape. Try to analyse what, if anything I don't like about the Triton and then go from there.

As I've been researching and reviewing now it looks like a 3 way tie between the Vamo, the Evic, or the Itaste MVP.

Besides the Vamo being capable of 6v (which I don't know if I would need), the MVP not having an interchangeable battery and The Vamo and Evic not being able to charge my phone/usb devices (Which may be handy but might not be untilized enough to be justified.)

When then time comes I might even make a voting post out of it and let other people make the decision for me.

Congratulations Keith. I have an evic here and I like it a lot. However, it is a bit on the dildonic side so I never take it out in company.

Leoleoleo

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
Montreal
There's no hurry as long as you have backups, and if you can prize that extra battery out of your wife's hands, it sounds like you'll be OK.

For taking to work, you might want to stick with your Triton. I can't speak for the Vamo or the MVP but he evic is fairly fragile and easy enough to drop. Ego style batteries break too, of course, but they're easier to replace and moderately stealthy.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
She only hit it a little bit this morning so I'm pretty glad I went with 0 nic for her sake (so she won't crave it)

I do however have a small package coming in the mail today from Mountbakervapors. Some zero nic too but mostly just really tastey sounding so I might be down to one battery if she finds one she really likes.

There's no hurry as long as you have backups, and if you can prize that extra battery out of your wife's hands, it sounds like you'll be OK.

For taking to work, you might want to stick with your Triton. I can't speak for the Vamo or the MVP but he evic is fairly fragile and easy enough to drop. Ego style batteries break too, of course, but they're easier to replace and moderately stealthy.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Last edited:

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
Oh and as far as fragility the VAMO looks like its built pretty solid according to the GrimmGreen video I watched. He even went so far as to saying he thought it was going to be fragile but was surprised by how solid it was compared to the Evic.
My local B&M sells the Evic so I might be able to talk them into taking it out of its glass case and letting me hold it so I can judge it for myself but so far for the MVP and Vamo I'm seeing them online only.

Could be another thing to consider while shopping but I still have plenty of time to decide and I could always keep the mod at home and save the triton for out and about and at work.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
It seems like it is more icey with a hint of cinnamon but I have read that article and proactively dulled it down by mixing in chocolate. I'm more worried about it burning the coils. Haven't seen cracks yet and I have been watching it like a mother hen.
Good heads up though

Thanks!

Big warning, if you are running cinnamon juice in a regular clearo (probably what came with your kit) you stand a very good chance of etching or cracking your tanks. Check out this thread for flavors that crack standard clearos.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread