I think maybe I've turned into a junkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kissysmom

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2008
Just north of Portland, OR
This is ridiculous. 8-o

On the one hand, I'm proud to say that I haven't smoked a cigarette since November 26th - the day my first order from Steve at PureSmoker arrived.

On the other hand, I think I've spent about $300.00 ordering crap from my new "dealer" in one month.

Am I alone in spending like this? Steve? Are you laughing at me when you see yet another order from SBesselieu come across your computer? LOL

Sigh....

I love my e-smokes! :thumb:

Yeah, I think its becoming a hobby now as well. I ordered another DSE901 yesterday. So i have two coming in. I have a Super Mini, Dont know the model number. I just order some stuff from steve. Hes F***ing awesome. And Im thinking about ordering the penstyle steve has now too lol :p

Im at about 150 dollars...

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
You are not alone! Started off just a sample e-cig pre-charged that came with 4 sample carts less than £20 to £100 spent in the first week and another £30 today on essential?? supplies haha! Have cut down from 20+ a day cigs to 1-2 but found a equally expensive hobby/adiction :confused: but hopefully a lot less harmful!

Now where was that coffee flavour I wanted?

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
yeah, i went loco the first couple of months but now I've calmed down a lot and have stuck with the tried and tested. being frugal is a hobby of mine and now that the honeymoon is over, I only see myself spending ~$50 a month. That's about a 85% saving over cigarettes and I plan on getting that figure lower by bulk ordering. even if I do splurge I will always console myself that the money I am saving from not smoking cigarettes allows me to.

Last edited:

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
I just did the maths yesterday to sort of keep track. $372 in 37 days. If I can stop this, I will be set for half a year or more. If... ;)

No burn baby: Exactly my feelings. I feel bad after vaping too much (no real OD, mostly just stomach acting up, sweat and tiredness) and I really regret I cannot continue... Waiting for my LorAnn supplies to arrive, because otherwise I only have 1 zero nic flavour - Absinthe - which is nice, but I would like to degust...

tonyph

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
Derby, UK
spent £380 in the first week. Since then my costs in 6 weeks have been approx £10. If I now work on 2mls of juice and cart a day, the cost of a 901 every 2 weeks that works well below £3 a day at normal UK prices. Compared to the £6 a day I used to spend on tobacco thats a good saving.
There are also little bonuses. Normaly when I am working indoors taking photographs I used to run outside of at every oppurtunity to grab a smoke. At the last 10 days of work I have done by working in that period I easily covered a couple of hundred of the that original investment. Effectively I was throwing away at least £20 a day running outside to grab smokes.

Last edited:

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
I'm between $200 and $300. Funny, I also quit on 11/26 and have become addicted to the hardware and the vapor! I now have a PeeWee, 901 and I just received a Pen. You have to have one of each to know which one you like best, right? Now I keep looking at the pipe... Not to mention the variety of cases and stuff I buy and now lug around.

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
I am really scared to go back and add it all up, but I do know that it has been worth it to me no matter the cost...

I don't want to count the devices, liquids, chargers, etc., either, which should tell me that I am in denial about my addiction. I don't care, as the previous addiction was SO much worse. Hubby and I were ordering analog cigs at 15 cartons at a time... horrendous.... most of mine burned up in the ashtray on my desk, which of course, no longer is the case with e-cigs..

I have a four drawer chest in spare bedroom and only two drawers are full of ecig stuff, so I have room for more... lol !

So far, it's not as bad as my ebay habit (I'm a Red Hat Society Lady) My ebay buying forced me to consider starting an E-HAB 12 step program !

Friends, I know most of you know this, but even with all the supplies, devices, spares, etc etc., the hassle is no where near the hassle of inhalors and portable oxygen tanks and chemo, etc.

Stemple

Dec 21, 2008
WV
I'm between $200 and $300. Funny, I also quit on 11/26 and have become addicted to the hardware and the vapor! I now have a PeeWee, 901 and I just received a Pen. You have to have one of each to know which one you like best, right? Now I keep looking at the pipe... Not to mention the variety of cases and stuff I buy and now lug around.

No truer statement. I've only spent...eh, around $80 on it so far. A Pee Wee starter kit, and four juices from CaSH. I've been keeping track of how much I'm smoking and keeping it generally in line with what I would normally be smoking if it was an analog - when I get a craving, I drip a cig's worth.

The funny thing is, with this WHOLE new world of smoking opened up to me, I find myself on supplier's pages, making a shopping cart of everything that I feel like I NEED...and I only need it because it's cool as ****!

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I love this e-cig business,
I have been a convert for 60 days today......
I loooove vaping,
my cig is never out of my hand,
it is my pacifier.....

I used to spend 5000.00 each year on tobacco.

I have spent 3000.00 on this so far,
it is my new bliss.
I have enough stuff to keep me happily vapin' for
3 years plus.
so it is a great saving for me.

now I can just sit back and vape and look for stuff
to buy that just peaks my interest, or curiosity.

I will watch with great interest all the new mods,
and improvements to the 801 penstyle,
and 901 mini.

Di .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread