I would like to try more batteries. Help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR? (<-- contains list of recommended high drain, safe chemistry, name brand batteries)

I would stick with the more reputable brands like AW, Samsung, Sony, LG, and Orbtronics.

AW and Efest will be about your only choices for 18350 and 18490/18500. I'm strongly partial to AW, myself.

Purple Efest Batteries Not As Advertised

I personally use only AW IMR 18350, 18490, and 18650 in my Provari's; and Samsung25R and Sony VTC4 in my mechanical Silver Bullet.

More battery information: Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries

Last edited:

Svasil

Mar 29, 2015
Italy
Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR? (<-- contains list of recommended high drain, safe chemistry, name brand batteries)

I would stick with the more reputable brands like AW, Samsung, Sony, LG, and Orbtronics.

AW and Efest will be about your only choices for 18350 and 18490/18500. I'm strongly partial to AW, myself.

Purple Efest Batteries Not As Advertised

I personally use only AW IMR 18350, 18490, and 18650 in my Provari's; and Samsung25R and Sony VTC4 in my mechanical Silver Bullet.

More battery information: Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries
Thank you!

Reactions: Baditude

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I have 4 samsung 25r batteries, and after +100 charges, they show no fade and no issues.

When they were two days old, had my buddy subohm vape his dual coil RDA at 100W and samies didnt even break sweat.

Sony VTC are great batteries, but for the price, its hard to beat 25R.

I think Tesla is using 25R batteries in their cars? Correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi guys,
I would like to try more models of batteries, 18350 - 18500 - 18650.
Beyond AW, that I use usually, what other batteries can I try?
I use only mechanical mods, resistances from 0.8 to 1.5 ohm.
Thanks for the help!

Like Baditude, I use AW for 18350 and 18490/18500 sizes. IMO they can't be beat. They're good in 18650's also but I prefer Samgung 25R, LG HE2 and Sony VTC4. I know of no authentic VTC5's out there right now. This is probably in Baditude's blog too, but just wanted to add that it's important to buy batteries from known, good suppliers who will not sell counterfeits. I know the following are good. There are more but they don't include anyone on Ebay, Amazon or Alibaba.

Illumination Supply
RTD Vapor
Lighthound
Orbtronic
Battery Junction

Last edited:

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
  • "new" AW's appear clear cut for 18350 and 14500 size plus they are not purple. . I dont run 18500s so can't speak to that.
For 18650
  • VTCs out there are old stock, fake, or some combo of used old fake
  • Sony does not plan on restarting manufacturing of the max continuous amp leading VTC
  • Thus I stayed away from vtc on my last order
  • recently got "new" AW and LG HE4s, so far pleased
  • Samsung 25r gets an honourable mention
Suspect u could trust
Batteries

but I love RTD and have no plans on getting vape batteries anywhere else. ever

AndrewH

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
  • "new" AW's appear clear cut for 18350 and 14500 size plus they are not purple. . I dont run 18500s so can't speak to that.
For 18650
  • VTCs out there are old stock, fake, or some combo of used old fake
  • Sony does not plan on restarting manufacturing of the max continuous amp leading VTC
  • Thus I stayed away from vtc on my last order
  • recently got "new" AW and LG HE4s, so far pleased
  • Samsung 25r gets an honourable mention
Suspect u could trust
Batteries

but I love RTD and have no plans on getting vape batteries anywhere else. ever

I had heard the same thing and figured as much until I just looked here:

18650 Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

And read this:

The shortage with VTC4s seems to be slowly clearing up! For higher capacity, the next recommended battery is the Samsung 25R

They are a very reputable supplier and I can't imagine they are blindly buying VTC4's from just anywhere without making sure that they are authentic Sony batteries.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I have been using these for a couple of months and have been very satisfied with their performance.

Samsung INR 18650 25R Battery FLAT OR BUTTON TOP | Lightning Vapes
JC_link.gif

Good luck to you.

Reactions: beckdg

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Tesla uses a custom aluminum based lithium blended exclusively by Panasonic just for them. The structure is a known chemistry, the exact blend is proprietary.
Panasonic is Tesla's largest investor and through an exclusive agreement opened a battery division and plant just for them

For midrange discharge the 25 r is king right now and the Samsung blue series is also the most popular battery used in cordless power tool packs because of its discharge curve.

I broke a Milwaukee 18v pack so I decided to open it, inside is Samsung 15r (1500mah) blue's and I abuse them relentlessly, after seeing what they handle in a cordless sawzall all day without flinching I own many 25r for my mods and feel very safe. So far performance wise they beat the crap out of my he's, but I dont go anywhere near the limits either.

AW is still a great cell for regulated mods, but they just can't compare in a mech against these new cells when checking the discharge graphs.

Imrbatteries.com is my go to if RTD is out of stock

Last edited:
Reactions: beckdg

AndrewH

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
one of those links claim "The shortage with VTC4s seems to be slowly clearing up!" they must have found a steady counterfitter. Id be staying far away from them

That's a pretty broad assumption. The company (illumn) you are referring to is a very reputable and stand up company, in fact here's a link to a post made by them when they found out that they had received a batch of counterfeit batteries from one of their suppliers. This was their response:

Illumn PSA: New counterfeit VTC5 batteries : electronic_cigarette

It doesn't get much better than that so I HIGHLY doubt that they are selling fake Sony VTC4 batteries let alone seeking out a 'steady counterfeiter' as you implied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread