Iclear 30s 2.1 ohm coils registering at 2.2 ohms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgkallday49

Sep 19, 2014
Lancaster NY
Hey guys I've been using an iclear 30s tank on my itaste vtr. I'm using 2.1 ohm coils. So I just noticed that the coils are registering at 2.2 ohms. With the vtr of you tap the top button it shows current ohm running through the coil, and then let's you select the voltage or wattage that you wish to use. Normally my coils register at 2.1 ohm like they are rated at, but I've never seen them register any higher. The coils currently in there have only been in for a day. I don't know how long they've been at 2.2 but I just noticed it now. So I guess my question is #1 is this normal #2 if I keep vaping when they're showing 2.2 will I cause them to pop or blow out, or damage the device, and #3 is there any way to fix/prevent this?? Thanks! Hoping I didnt get a bum set of coils, or hope my device isn't messed up. It seems like I'll hit it a few times, itl show 2.2, then I'll let it sit for a few min and itl show 2.1, then I'll hit it and itl show 2.2 again.

Last edited:

dgkallday49

Sep 19, 2014
Lancaster NY
Hey guys I've been using an iclear 30s tank on my itaste vtr. I'm using 2.1 ohm coils. So I just noticed that the coils are registering at 2.2 ohms. With the vtr of you tap the top button it shows current ohm running through the coil, and then let's you select the voltage or wattage that you wish to use. Normally my coils register at 2.1 ohm like they are rated at, but I've never seen them register any higher. The coils currently in there have only been in for a day. I don't know how long they've been at 2.2 but I just noticed it now. So I guess my question is #1 is this normal #2 if I keep vaping when they're showing 2.2 will I cause them to pop or blow out, or damage the device, and #3 is there any way to fix/prevent this?? Thanks! Hoping I didnt get a bum set of coils, or hope my device isn't messed up. It seems like I'll hit it a few times, itl show 2.2, then I'll let it sit for a few min and itl show 2.1, then I'll hit it and itl show 2.2 again.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
"stock" coils are OFTEN off by a little.
I used to buy Kanger coils that were supposed to be 1.8, and they were often 2.0...
It's also common for a coil to show a slight increase in resistance after it's been used a bit and gets "gunked up".
Bottom line - if it's CLOSE, you're fine. You MAY find you like ti increase the voltage a tiny bit, maybe not necessary with a 0.1 ohm difference, but also no harm if you do...

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
The coils and most all of the equipment we vape with are mass produced in large factories, usually in China. It is common for there to be a variation of the ohms reading on coils. A .1ohm difference is not going to damage your iclear30s or your battery. The ohms can also change and read different when they get gunked up with juice. Since the coil is pretty new I would not worry about it unless the flavor is changing. Then you need to either clean the coils or change out your head/coil.

I have not used the topper you are using so do your normal cleaning routine for that topper. If this is a new device for you instructions on cleaning and rebuilding can usually be found on youtube, or do a search here.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
I got a 30s with my VTR also, and I noticed that the iclear coils were just always reading high, even when tested with a real multimeter. If you ever rip one apart you will see how sloppy their construction is compared to other stock coils.

Anyways I didnt stay with my 30s for very long, it just wasnt a very good tank compared to the aerotank ver1, i bought at the same time.

SPACKlick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Durham, UK
Used to get this all the time in the 30s and from time to time in the 30b, seems to happen less with the new coils they brought out after the X.I. It can, on the vtr, be due to compressed pin. If you take a paperclip or back end of a cleaning brush or other suitably small lever you can lift the pin slightly however be careful because there's a seal in there you don't want to mess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread