Ideal volts\watts for new box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

after vaping for 3+ years i finnaly got a 'proper' mod, a Innokin iTaste MVP3PRO with the isub G tank, and after fiddling a little i found a good setting but i wanted to ask, in the style of 'an idiots guide to vaping' what do the volts/ohms/watts actually do?

if it helps i got a C in physics so i have some understanding but not in e-cig terms

thanks xx

(ps, using vapemate 70pg/30vg sweet orange at 0.6mg of nicotine with an extra flavour shot)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
its a combination of force, resistance, and the heat expended to do the work
volts is the pressure applied to the ball you are going to roll up the hill, the ball offers resistance ( ohms)to movement, the bigger the ball, the more force it takes to move it. Once you start pushing the ball ( and it has pretty much a constant resistive force to being moved) you start producing heat in your body ( due to the work being done...) watts. The speed at which you push the ball would be considered the amps ( strength required to push the ball faster)....

change any of the parameters ( force, angle of hill, size of ball) and the speed is different...
yup I know terrible analogy but its 6:20 in the morning and I only have 1/2 a cup of coffie in me :)

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
in the style of 'an idiots guide to vaping' what do the volts/ohms/watts actually do?
I like @Bunnykiller's answer, but here's another one.

Watts = the measurement of energy (heat) at the coil
Volts = the current applied to the coil to obtain the desired wattage
Ohms = the measurement of resistance in your coil.
Ohms law = the formula used to determine: watts, volts, ohms, amperage drain from battery.

You use two known numbers to arrive at the two unknowns.
  • Input coil ohms and voltage will give you wattage and amps.
  • Input amps and wattage will give you ohms and volts.
  • Ohm's Law Calculator
Heat makes vapor.
Power makes heat.
Air flow cools down heat.

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
You got a C in physics?????????? What do they teach in the course.. Because if you are asking that basic a question you should have gotten a F.
its a combination of force, resistance, and the heat expended to do the work
volts is the pressure applied to the ball you are going to roll up the hill, the ball offers resistance ( ohms)to movement, the bigger the ball, the more force it takes to move it. Once you start pushing the ball ( and it has pretty much a constant resistive force to being moved) you start producing heat in your body ( due to the work being done...) watts. The speed at which you push the ball would be considered the amps ( strength required to push the ball faster)....

change any of the parameters ( force, angle of hill, size of ball) and the speed is different...
yup I know terrible analogy but its 6:20 in the morning and I only have 1/2 a cup of coffie in me :)

The volt represent the SIZE of the ball. The force is the AMPs at which the volts are supplied.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I'm at a bit of a loss too about the different purposes behind having the option to change voltages and power. I always thought that power(w) was voltage x current. Wouldn't cranking up the power crank up the voltage anyhow? Damn confusing and I got a C too in physics

Without either increasing volts or reducing the ohm rate, the wattage does note increase. Egg vs Chicken combined with cart before horse, type situation. Cause and effect

That makes sense kinda :) I guess over time the resistance of any given coil will change depending on the gunk built up on it, being heated repeatedly etc. I vape with my E-grip RBA full out at 20 watts and after a night of chaining the coil seems to return less and less even after a full charge. A new coil will always be back to being great but having that extra power to crank things up would be a real bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread