Im so lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timberwear

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Arizona
Where to start. Smoked ten years. Last three years mainly snussed.

Past 3 months found myseld going back to smoking.

Everytime I get into smoking I want to stop it. I did get a decent vape but alas the coils are messed up now. Too hot vapor.

I managed to be happy just vaping I think I made it a week but I had the WTA. I think its possible when I ran out of that I fell into a horrible depression. Because without tobacco I become very depressed.

Im very sick of snus and the smoking is causing my chest to feel tight.

I dont mind snus in morning or at night.

Is it even possible to simply vape wta during day and not go crazy? Lol

I felt pretty amazing just vaping. But I think when I ran out of wta I started vapin pure nicotine and I would literally stay up all night.

I tried just vaping the sole nicotine juice but then I cant hold back and I will go smoke a cig to get out of my digs, or snus. Is it possible to simply resist these cravings and stuf?

My plan right now is to snus in morning and at night if I need to. Rest of the time to smoke and vape. Because I read on here that if you allow yourself to do both it makes it easier.

Is this even feasible. Idk. I cant go back to feeling miserable. I know pure nicotine juice does NOT work for me and I dont want to put myself thru a ton of misery just to find out wta wont hold. !

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
WTA and snus helped me get through my darkest, toughest times. I kept my nic levels high at 30 mg or more. I gradually started mixing WTA into my regular 30-36 mg juice and weaned myself off the WTA. WTA is expensive, maybe too expensive for most to vape all day, every day. Use it when you can and supplement with snus as you desire. Don't smoke. You will get all you need from the WTA and snus. Wean yourself off the WTA and snus as you feel comfortable doing so. Vape your brains out for now. You will get through it. Throw the sticks out the window so that temptation is just not there. You can do it!

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Sounds like, at least to me, you need some professional help.

Either you want to quit smoking and all tobacco products or you don't. Pick one. If your choice is to quit then you are going to go through some changes. You will have to deal with those changes.

If you chose not to quit then accept that. There is no Middle ground and no Free Lunch.

But if you do choose to quit, and Suck It Up and deal with the tobacco withdrawal, YOU WILL FEEL MUCH BETTER.

township

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Ohio
I mix WTA in my diy at 8 - 10% of the mix, and add nic. I use it all day. I vaped nic-only diy for over 4 mos and it almost drove me back to smoking. Felt the same as you described. Up at night, down during the day. I feel much better vaping nic/wta, and I vape WAY less often. It is more expensive to mix with WTA, but at 10% a bottle goes a long way. There is no way I could vape straight WTA (24mg Aroma ejuice VS DIY) all day, way too strong for me. But 10% added to nic juice works great.

YMMV, Good luck

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Where to start. Smoked ten years. Last three years mainly snussed.

Past 3 months found myseld going back to smoking.

Everytime I get into smoking I want to stop it. I did get a decent vape but alas the coils are messed up now. Too hot vapor.

I managed to be happy just vaping I think I made it a week but I had the WTA. I think its possible when I ran out of that I fell into a horrible depression. Because without tobacco I become very depressed.

Im very sick of snus and the smoking is causing my chest to feel tight.

I dont mind snus in morning or at night.

Is it even possible to simply vape wta during day and not go crazy? Lol

I felt pretty amazing just vaping. But I think when I ran out of wta I started vapin pure nicotine and I would literally stay up all night.

I tried just vaping the sole nicotine juice but then I cant hold back and I will go smoke a cig to get out of my digs, or snus. Is it possible to simply resist these cravings and stuf?

My plan right now is to snus in morning and at night if I need to. Rest of the time to smoke and vape. Because I read on here that if you allow yourself to do both it makes it easier.

Is this even feasible. Idk. I cant go back to feeling miserable. I know pure nicotine juice does NOT work for me and I dont want to put myself thru a ton of misery just to find out wta wont hold. !

It all boils down to cost doesn't it?
You've got to work out whether you can afford to get the eliquid, replacement coil heads, and replacement batteries PER YEAR for the same amount you would spend on cigarettes.

Once the numbers work out, then that's what you gotta do to get started.

Or/or after that, you can cut down costs in each case:
1: eliquid: DIY either full blown DIY or partial DIY - eg: I buy 24mg PGonly and add glycerin 4:1
2: replacement coil heads:
(a) stretch the life of your coils by dryburning and rewick with cotton
(b) get an RBA and/or RDA to build your own coils.
3: replacement batteries: use a batteryless cord when you're sitting home, like when watching tv or on computer.

Question: What did you mean by vaping pure nicotine? Did you mean 24mg unflavored?

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there

Sounds reasonable to me. Take it easy on yourself, make changes gradually if you have something that's mostly working for you right now. Add in some WTA, maybe alternating with regular nic to see if it helps.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
You didn't say what mg of nic you are using. Sounds like you need to up it a bit, at least during the day or when you feel you need it the most. Use less at night to help with your sleep. One your body rids the chemicals from the cigarettes, you will feel better. I had a terrible too but over time it will pass. If you feel you do better with WTA, use it.

I worked all the way down to 0mg in a little over a year. Wasn't terribly happy at 0mg. Didn't know it was the lack of nic until I tried it again at 3mg and became a happy camper again. No buzz or anything but it keeps me even keeled. I had to start at 24mg to quit cigarettes completely, it made me a bit lightheaded but after a month the chemicals had worn off and 24mg was way to much. That worked for me, you have to find what works for you.

I think I vaped for nearly five months before I kicked the cigarettes to the curb and never looked back, and I beat myself up every damned day until I did quit. Too bad I didn't know about ECF then. The point is, getting off tobacco is the main objective, how long it takes you to do so is not a race. It's far harder for some of us to convert than it is for others. Do not give up. No one is going to haul you out to the woodshed because you had a booboo. Think about getting a stronger nic at least for those tough times and remember that getting it into your system vaping takes longer than it does smoking a cig. There's a reason we got hooked on BT's products. Hang in there and keep plugging away. We're all rooting for you.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I don't know how you are using the WTA. I have some DIY is 24mg (all it comes in from my vendor) and even just putting a couple of drops in my regular juice can be harsh. On the other hand, I have some premixed WTA flavored juice that still has the alkaloids, but at a lower nic level. I can vape that all day.

Timberwear

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Arizona
Yeah Ill update to answer questions.

I use wta aroma at 12 mg.

I bought a cig a like. It was strange going to the "tobacco" shop. The lady seemed bothered I was even asking her a single question.

Seems it all vapes too hot after I refilled it. The original cart was cool vape.

I have some concerns. Mainly that it seems real tobacco somehow filters out stimuli. Im a pedestrian so cars cars people etc.

Vaping is cool but it doesnt seem to have that tranquilizing effect.

Either case I cant bring myself to smoke.

I may just kinda chill and throw in a snus here and there or maybe get away from tobacco and try smthn new.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Dual use. Have a smoke. Then vape for a while and when you can no longer resist have another smoke. Everyday cut back by a certain number of smokes. After a few months you may be down to 1 smoke and not even realize it. Don't beat yourself up when you have a smoke. It just makes you more upset and prone to have another smoke.

I smoked and vaped for a few months before I stopped the smokes. It wasn't easy for me at all. I had to force myself not to smoke.

Timberwear

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Arizona
Dual use. Have a smoke. Then vape for a while and when you can no longer resist have another smoke. Everyday cut back by a certain number of smokes. After a few months you may be down to 1 smoke and not even realize it. Don't beat yourself up when you have a smoke. It just makes you more upset and prone to have another smoke.

I smoked and vaped for a few months before I stopped the smokes. It wasn't easy for me at all. I had to force myself not to smoke.

Yeah today I quit smoking. Cut it to 3 then 2 then decided enuf already. Tapering worked.

But. Im allowing myself one snus and I did get a cigar.

To be honest I frickin miss smokin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread