Status
Not open for further replies.

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
Got some 2mm Ekowool from Cloud 9 as i really haven't had much joy with normal silica wick. I mean that i haven't really liked using it
3.gif
It frays quite easily and separates into separate strands etc, that make it a bit of a PITA.

Whilst expensive seeming to start at basically a tenner for 5m having thought about it i'd have spent that much on about the same length of standard silica - so actually pretty good
3.gif

I've been using it for a week or so, and have found it to be a relative joy to use, as it can be flamed easily, doesn't fall apart and even likely to get cleaned, and re-used too rather than used and binned.

It also wicks very well, and if rinsed/flamed delivers better clarity of flavour than most of the other silica wick i've used - from a variety of Vendors.

Used it in Spheroid, SS Dream, Evods, iGo-L and had better results (wicking, flavour clarity etc) than with other types tried thus far.

So big hand for Ekowool - a Joy to Rebuild and vape with
worship.gif

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I haven't tried the stuff. (Nice 2nd post to a thread, huh?). But I do have a bunch of "3mm" silica laying around. I've been using Nextel, and so my silica is playing second fiddle. However, I wanted to share this. It might be relevant to anyone who ends up with jilted silica. I braided 3 lengths of silica rope tightly together. I'm finding that it improves the usability factor. It gives it some spine. Also, I torched the tightly braided bundle before coiling, and it seems to have given it more rigidity. I'm not switching back, but this wick is staying in the Genny. Aside from silica flavor issues, this setup is coming in a close second to the Nextel. Worth a try I think.

IMAG1639.jpg IMAG1644.jpg IMAG1645.jpg IMAG1648.jpg

BTW. that tail in the tank is still holding it's shape on day 3.

daventura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
In a van ............down by the river
I was hoping to remove the flavor wicks completely and that the 3mm would fill the slot by itself.

I have conflicting reports on which size would be best.

I guess I'll just get the 3mm and hope that it works.
If it is too big, I can always cut it up and sell it in the classifieds.

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
That will work. I just like the flavor wick, I think it helps stop any spitting.

I was hoping to remove the flavor wicks completely and that the 3mm would fill the slot by itself.

I have conflicting reports on which size would be best.

I guess I'll just get the 3mm and hope that it works.
If it is too big, I can always cut it up and sell it in the classifieds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread