Innokin itaste SVD 2.0 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcb_pdx

May 25, 2015
Oregon - USA
Greetings,

First, I'd like to say thanks to those who have created. maintained and contributed to this website. It seems that there is vast knowledge about vaping here.

I'm hoping my post is noticed here in the newby forum. Anyway, I've had some unfortunate luck with Innokin products. I'm 3 for 3 on the faulty side; two SVD 1.0's and the SVD 2.0 I'm hoping for help with now.

The SVD 2.0 has been using the first one-third to half of the batteries power and then my screen intermittenly blinks without sending any power to the coil. I must then charge the battery to full capacity before it will work again. The batteries work properly in other devices. There are times when I can unscrew the end cap to break contact then remake contact and it will work a few more times before the display goes crazy.

It does not matter if I'm using an Atlantis or Segatank. My batteries are high drain 30 to 40 amp 18650’s.

Has anyone experienced this behavior? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Might not be so much with the housing, but the chipset which is a re-done Evolv DNA20 board. I like you have owned 2 SVD 1.0 and also have the 2.0. Mine doesn't seem to show this fault running any of my atomizers, or batteries. Might look at cleaning all the threads, and contact areas to see if that helps. After that I'd contact Innokin and Evlov see if there are know issues of this.

kcb_pdx

May 25, 2015
Oregon - USA
Do you know if the SVD 2.0 is simple enough for the end-user to repair? It looks like the DNA20 board can be accessed by using a spanner wrench to remove the retaining rings. I'm not sure how easily the components are removed at that point. Are specialty tools required?

Does anyone know if the Evolv board in the SVD 2.0 can be upgraded to the DNA30 or DNA40? It looks like the boards are identical in layout. I wonder if the wire would need to be upgraded for the extra power.

Thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread