International Vaping - Are my batteries going to go kaput?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tteabags

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I'm going to China for a month, to study abroad. I've been there before and have experienced the "frying out" of an electronic appliance or two, even with an adapter. So...I am a little frightful when to comes to recharging my (precious) 18350 batteries. Does anybody have any charger recommendations? Cause I would HATE having to resort back to smoking for a whole month, as a last resort.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I think you will need a power outlet strip ahead of your charger and batteries. fasttech sells them. With a built-in reset fuse, you should be fine. I can't recommend any product that I've personally used, and haven't made it to China yet, but have seen them a while back on FT. Good luck, sounds like a great trip. Welcome to the Forum. All the best.

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
I have a black Targus brand adapter with which I used to charge my batteries in addition to the batteries' original charger. You could adjust the power source output on those and has many countries' plug heads on it. I used it whenever i go back to Swansea, Wales or to Hong Kong to visit relatives. Never used it in the mainland though beside in Shenzhen (near HK border). Ive had no problems so far with charging CR123a batts.

tteabags

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I'm constantly on the road and hate yet more cables or adapters... so I carry an XTAR MP1S. It charges a single 18xxx, it's miniscule (barely bigger than an 18650), and it's the only charger I found whose input is USB. And I'm sure you'll be carrying a PC and/or universal USB charger.

I actually have the Xtar MP2, the version for 18350s. Great charger, only downside, and this is entirely my fault perhaps is that the USB cable went kaput. I'll also be bringing The Boom (with DNA) from shan mods; it uses a micro USB cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread