Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom NY

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
New York
So its been almost two weeks since I've had the ipv 2 50 watt mod, and I'm very happy with it. I initially questioned if I would ever need to exceed 35 watts. The answer is yes. When using low sub-ohm coils, going above 35 watts is not unreasonable. But besides the extra power alone, the ipv 2 has several other features that put it over the top:

• Low sub-ohm capabilty - The IPV 2 will fire a coil as low as 0.2 ohms. The previous 30 watt and 35 watt chips were limited to go down to only 0.5 and 0.3 ohms respectively.
  • Step down power - This device will regulate the wattage to a far lower degree than previous versions of this chip. For example, when using a 0.7 ohm coil set to 7 watts, the device brings the voltage down to 2.3 volts, instead of dumping the battery with no regulation like the clana mod does.
  • Touch screen - It gives you the option of using the touch screen to fire the device, which can be turned off if not desired.
  • Adjustable 510 connection - A screw in the center of the 510 connection allows you to adjust the depth, ensuring a flush fit with virtually any 510 topper.
I've noticed there were some concerns regarding the long wait on orders for these devices. I lucked out in getting mine sooner because I was one of the first pre-orders. Pioneer 4 You, the company in China that makes the IPV 2, has been sporadically shipping limited quantities of product to US distributors, hence the lengthy wait time with some people's orders. This is a common business practice with Chinese manufacturers and high demand products like the hana mod clones. The Chinese companies tend to provide US retailers with unrealistic order fulfillment dates, not being able to deliver the full quantity of product ordered on time. This puts a lot of pressure on US retailers who are unable to get their customers' orders shipped out fast enough, causing frustration. I guess the companies in China do this, because they can. They kinda "gotcha by the the balls", knowing the retailer doesn't have many (or any) other options available to them. Once a retailer is invested in them for an order, and has a long list of customers expecting delivery of the product, the retailer has no where else to go. Where else will the retailer be able to get the goods at that price? So, consequently, we're all at their mercy. However, on the bright side, these manufacturers/suppliers do have a history of eventually fulfiling their complete purchase orders. This means that the customer will ultimately receive the product they ordered, but might have to wait. Bottom line is this... If you find it absolutely unacceptable to have a potentially long wait for your order, do yourself a favor, and don't place orders for any items that are not immediately in stock, and stay away from any pre-orders.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I received mine today and have been putting it through it's paces and agree that I will now use at least 35 watts. I did my first dual below .5 ohms.

A couple thoughts.

The screw driver they supply for the back plate to be removed is the problem, not the screws themselves. I used one from my jewelers set and they went in and out with no problems. I plan to try and used the usb charger so I should have to worry about taking the screws out. Only time will tell if that works out.

They should have used a thin gasket around the door. When dripping juice could leak info the back of the PV.

I plan on getting a 22 mm (7/8) ultra thin silicon washer to go underneath my tanks, they could have done something around the 510 connection to protect the finish.

Rumor had it the Protanks would not fire on this device, mine fire and I know it's all in my head but seem to produce a better vape.

Overall I am glad I picked one up. Nice and light, fits well in my hand and my R91, drippers and tanks all fired nicely on this device. The response on each was fast and even on my low ohm dual produced vapor quickly.

matter

Jul 31, 2014
Santa Fe, NM
Argh!

I am just waiting on batteries to use mine. It came pretty quickly on pre-order from eciggity, shipped as soon as they got them. Silver was delayed.

As far as the 510 and finish, it might look a bit goofy, but I like to put a 510-510 adapter on my mech mod and will with the IPV2 also. I would rather have it look goofy than accidentally strip my mech or APV.

The screw driver does suck. Mine is actually bent. Haha. Good precision screwdrivers are the way to go.

I am going to mostly charge off of the built-in USB, but plan to rotate batteries once a week, just to try to keep them all discharging / recharging at the same rate.

$0.02 =)

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Disruptive

Dom NY

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
New York
  • Deleted by classwife