Irritated. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taptapslide

May 2, 2015
Alabama
New here. Been reading a lot in my few months as a member. Love what you guys have here. Feels like a family of sorts.
I'm highly irritated because I'd been using a lil Vape pen since I started which was about 6 months ago. So I decided it was time to move up. I purchased the innokin mvp 3 pro. Had it for about a week. Was absolutely loving the upgrade! Though basic to most of you I'm sure, it was awesome to me. Even got a better tank to go along with it. Nothing spectacular like what I see a lot of you with but I was proud. Aspire nautilus. Much nicer than the lil cheapo tanks I was getting for like 4$ a pop. Anyways someone(I'm pretty certain) STOLE it from me at work! I raised hell and o course no one had seen it or even knew what it was. But someone did.. It just irks my nerves. So now here I am back with my Vape pen and I can't get it to charge and I'm just barely getting by until payday as it is. I have two of the little screw on chargers for the pen but it's not working the light stays green when I hook it up to it where is it use to turn red until it is fully charged and then it would turn green anyone have any tips or suggestions I have two chargers and can't seem to get a charge..I Miss my box :( Gone but not forgotten

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. It's a crying shame that happened. Still worse, there's not much I, or anybody, can do about an eGo style pen. If it won't take a charge, then it won't take a charge and it's pretty much done.Especially if you have two chargers; that pretty much eliminates the charger as the problem. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Man that sucks , a member on "Reddit" just had his entire vape collection stolen , this is just one of the many reasons people suck imo .

I hang with my dog these days , i find him very trustworthy because i tested him before , left money on my dresser and he definitely saw it , came back a few hours later it was still there so i trust him now , he looked a little shifty when i first got him though.

He does twist his head sideways to stare at me sometimes but it's just a minor quirk .

Anyways very sorry to hear this ,

Taptapslide

May 2, 2015
Alabama
Aww good for you! It's good to have someone you can trust. My cats are shady but it wasn't them lol

Man that sucks , a member on "Reddit" just had his entire vape collection stolen , this is just one of the many reasons people suck imo .

I hang with my dog these days , i find him very trustworthy because i tested him before , left money on my dresser and he definitely saw it , came back a few hours later it was still there so i trust him now , he looked a little shifty when i first got him though.

He does twist his head sideways to stare at me sometimes but it's just a minor quirk .

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
glad you're here - and welcome!

sometimes, people suck - it's dirty that someone would steal something you are using to help yourself with an issue like quitting smoking :(

(and for what it's worth - if it works for you, it IS spectacular - that's the bottom line) unfortunately, no brilliant insight on the charger issue - it sounds like a battery issue :(

Reactions: Taptapslide

Taptapslide

May 2, 2015
Alabama
Thank you! I was proud of it!
glad you're here - and welcome!

sometimes, people suck - it's dirty that someone would steal something you are using to help yourself with an issue like quitting smoking :(

(and for what it's worth - if it works for you, it IS spectacular - that's the bottom line) unfortunately, no brilliant insight on the charger issue - it sounds like a battery issue :(

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Believe it or not i temporarily had to rely on a cigalike for a few days , i have tried most cigalikes and most are terrible but i found one by a company called V2 that was cheap , came with a small USB charger and kept me off cigs until my new mod came in .

They sell them at most gas stations here in NC , i would look to see if they have them there, Walmart carries them.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
What happened to you is awful, as is having nothing to vape.

When I started vaping, I had a couple of the pen-type batteries, too. I had the same thing happen when I tried to charge them. First time, I brought it to my local vape shop, and they sold me another charger. The second time, I brought it to the vape shop, and the woman working there did something to adjust the connection. Apparently, I was screwing the battery into the charger with too much force.

If I had done the fix myself, I'd be able to explain it, but I think I've seen the same issue on this forum before. Maybe someone else will stop by with a possible fix.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015

You trust your dog cause he didn't steal your money? J/k.
Anyway, I would make sure your threads are clean on both the ego and charger. You could also wiggle the center pin up in the battery.

Taptapslide

May 2, 2015
Alabama
Yeh i think it's done for. I can't do the cigalikes tried a few diff kinds. Just wasn't for me. Simply wouldn't do the job to get me off of actual cigs. But the pen was alright. It did the job! When I first got it I was back and forth with the pen and reg cigs. Then after a few weeks it was strictly pen. That's when I decided to upgrade. It sucks to get robbed but really sucks to get robbed before I could even really enjoy it. I was deprived of that too. :( I feel like I didn't even get to "break it in" so to speak.

Taptapslide

May 2, 2015
Alabama
Believe it or not i temporarily had to rely on a cigalike for a few days , i have tried most cigalikes and most are terrible but i found one by a company called V2 that was cheap , came with a small USB charger and kept me off cigs until my new mod came in .

They sell them at most gas stations here in NC , i would look to see if they have them there, Walmart carries them.

Yeh i think it's done for. I can't do the cigalikes tried a few diff kinds. Just wasn't for me. Simply wouldn't do the job to get me off of actual cigs. But the pen was alright. It did the job! When I first got it I was back and forth with the pen and reg cigs. Then after a few weeks it was strictly pen.That's when I decided to upgrade. It sucks to get robbed but really sucks to get robbed before I could even really enjoy it. I was deprived of that too. :( I feel like I didn't even get to "break it in" so to speak.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I say it all the time, have backups for your backups, on payday, buy three tanks, three mods, even if you have to do it over a few months if money is tight. Been where you are, done that, never again, especially if your an ex smoker, it's just not worth the risk.
Maybe it's time for a Subox kit with the 1.5ohm if your a mouth to lung. When this happened to me and I was skint, I had to use ebay as with PayPal it was pay after delivery which gave me 14 days grace..
I really feel for you ...

Taptapslide

May 2, 2015
Alabama
I say it all the time, have backups for your backups, on payday, buy three tanks, three mods, even if you have to do it over a few months if money is tight. Been where you are, done that, never again, especially if your an ex smoker, it's just not worth the risk.
Haha now I know for future reference. I have a couple lil cheap tanks but I need power! Lol I can get by with cheap tanks if I must. I just miss it already! Wishing a had backups for my backup. Unfortunately I only had one lol and of course it's dead.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Haha now I know for future reference. I have a couple lil cheap tanks but I need power! Lol I can get by with cheap tanks if I must. I just miss it already! Wishing a had backups for my backup. Unfortunately I only had one lol and of course it's dead.

if you use standard 18650 mods, you can keep a mech with a kick for backup

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
There is a reason that if I'm not home, my mod is either in my hand or in my shirt pocket. Very few people are allowed to handle it, and only under my supervision. I hate thieves with a passion and my friends know this.
Not one single person is allowed to touch my tanks or mods, not even my wife. I guard them like Pandora's box.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Not one single person is allowed to touch my tanks or mods, not even my wife. I guard them like Pandora's box.
The very few people that I allow to handle mine would replace it with something better if they broke it. The kind that would hand me a credit card and say "next day air whatever you want..." Or that own a vape shop, and I trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread