is there a max amount of flavors % i shouldnt exceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaadine

Jun 21, 2015
Holla again guys :) i see you are very welcoming and helpful here ..so there u go
another newbie question.

when making my DIY juice is there a total amount or percentage of flavor that i shouldnt exceed?
normally i like multi-complex flavor recipes, i use 5 - 6 flavors around 20% flavors.. is it better to stay low as sum advised or there is nothing wrong with higher %?

thanks in advance

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I used to do around 25-27% flavour but recently I have gone to 15% flavour.
Starting to think my higher %'s the end result was more than the sum of its parts - usually using 4-5-6 different flavourings and I think missing out on something and the amalgamation becoming some new result that had a flavour presence but not really a refined one.

Best to do the old 100 drop test where each drop ( make sure all drops are the same I just use the same size needle for each) is 1%.
Take a test vape and see what you think.

Alaadine

Jun 21, 2015
I used to do around 25-27% flavour but recently I have gone to 15% flavour.
Starting to think my higher %'s the end result was more than the sum of its parts - usually using 4-5-6 different flavourings and I think missing out on something and the amalgamation becoming some new result that had a flavour presence but not really a refined one.

Best to do the old 100 drop test where each drop ( make sure all drops are the same I just use the same size needle for each) is 1%.
Take a test vape and see what you think.
ill do that ..thanks for the tip '',

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
It really depends on the flavors you are using. My recipes tend to come out to 25% or so, especially my complex vanilla custard recipes. If you're using weaker flavors like Flavor West, you can definitely get some higher flavorings percentages. However, super concentrated flavors like those from Flavorah are intense at 8%. There's no general max percentage for total flavoring but you will know when you've gone too far lol.

Something to keep in mind, if you are someone who's worried about diketones in your juice and you use flavors that contain them, the higher your flavoring percentage, the more there will be.

Good luck and have fun!

Alaadine

Jun 21, 2015
It really depends on the flavors you are using. My recipes tend to come out to 25% or so, especially my complex vanilla custard recipes. If you're using weaker flavors like Flavor West, you can definitely get some higher flavorings percentages. However, super concentrated flavors like those from Flavorah are intense at 8%. There's no general max percentage for total flavoring but you will know when you've gone too far lol.

Something to keep in mind, if you are someone who's worried about diketones in your juice and you use flavors that contain them, the higher your flavoring percentage, the more there will be.

Good luck and have fun!
thanks brotherman ..now i know am on the right track '',

Reactions: Cullin Kin

Alaadine

Jun 21, 2015
wooow loads of useful info ..am really grateful to land on this beautiful group off ppl :) ill take some time reading each of them as a stand alone ..cheerZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread