RDA Is this going to be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just received a Mephisto V2 rda Clone, and when I took it apart for initial cleaning, I noticed this insulator is slightly broken. When the screw is inserted, it doesn't make contact with the side of the 510 connection, so I was wondering if anyone knows if this is going to be a problem. I'll be using it on an istick 50w so I'm not to concerned about blowing up my battery, but this is my first rda, so I wanted to check and see if I should try to ship it back for a replacement, or if I'm good to go. Thanks!

FullSizeRender-1_zpskbp0k4ox.jpg

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I've sent out an email to Angel Cigs about getting a replacement and I hope for a quick reply (lol, yeah right). In the meantime I'll pick up an o-ring at the hardware store and give it a go. I'll post another picture tomorrow showing how the o-ring fits, and see if that does anything before I build on it.

Luckily it seems that the post and screw are solid. I can't get the screw to touch the side by pushing or prying it, so I don't think it would short, but I don't want to risk it either.

Last edited:
So I sent this email to Angel Cigs yesterday:

"I recently purchased a Mephisto V2 RDA Clone (Mephisto V2 Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer RDA 1:1 Black By Ivogo), and it was damaged on arrival. The bottom insulator was cracked, and it is likely to cause a short when screwed onto a battery. The order number is #------------. I will need a replacement or a refund. I can provide pictures if necessary. Thank You."

Their responce this morning:

"Hey friend ,

thank for your contact. Could you please tell us how much ohm you build ?"

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I sent this email to Angel Cigs yesterday:

"I recently purchased a Mephisto V2 RDA Clone (Mephisto V2 Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer RDA 1:1 Black By Ivogo), and it was damaged on arrival. The bottom insulator was cracked, and it is likely to cause a short when screwed onto a battery. The order number is #------------. I will need a replacement or a refund. I can provide pictures if necessary. Thank You."

Their responce this morning:

"Hey friend ,

thank for your contact. Could you please tell us how much ohm you build ?"

you wrote too much wordy stuff.
send them the pics.
Don't use the item.

Since you took the item apart for cleaning, that may void the return policy.
The picture at the top of the page has the item looking used, or is that flakes from cotton or tissue paper all over the item looking like scratch marks?

Be sure to check their returns policy page and follow the procedure

send them the pics.
Don't use the item.

Since you took the item apart for cleaning, that may void the return policy.
The picture at the top of the page has the item looking used, or is that flakes from cotton or tissue paper all over the item looking like scratch marks?

Be sure to check their returns policy page and follow the procedure

No that's just how that bottom heat insulator came, it wasn't cleaned up very well at the factory. I'd be fine with it if that was all it was. I didn't actually clean it yet, I just started to dissasemble it to clean it, and I noticed the problem.

I'll send them some pictures and see if that helps, thanks!

I might be a total idiot for thinking this, but I'm almost considering ordering one more with the stainless steel air flow control. In that case I'd have plenty of replacement parts (minus that one broken insulator).

I think there's a slim chance that I'd get two broken items in a row, and for only $13 it's not that big of a risk.

I'm going to see if I can get this one replaced, but if not, I might get one more so it's not a total loss, then just never deal with Angel Cigs again.

The centerpin insulator is obviously damaged;

but

What I was asking about is:

Why does the item look "used" ?
Are those flakes from cotton or tissue paper all over the item looking like scratch marks?
Are those scratch marks or are those fibres scattered all over the item.

If your talking about the black ring at the bottom that looks like a castle (the delrin insulator) that's how it came from the factory. That's extra plastic that wasn't cleanly removed durring the build processes. I can remove that with some light sandpaper no problem.

If that's not what you're talking about then I'm not sure. I'll post another picture tonight when I get off work showing the body of the RDA. Overall the build quality is good, and it's tottally scratch free.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
If your talking about the black ring at the bottom that looks like a castle (the delrin insulator) that's how it came from the factory. That's extra plastic that wasn't cleanly removed durring the build processes. I can remove that with some light sandpaper no problem.

If that's not what you're talking about then I'm not sure. I'll post another picture tonight when I get off work showing the body of the RDA. Overall the build quality is good, and it's tottally scratch free.

Yes the whole black base with the "castle" 8 notches; it looks strange like it's dirty; so the whitish fibres I'm seeing seem to be plastic from what you are saying; sounds like pretty rough, bad work; no wonder the centerpin insulator is broken;

With all that as a starting point I'd be suspicious of the Chemistry of the centerpin insulator.

Yes the whole black base with the "castle" 8 notches; it looks strange like it's dirty; so the whitish fibres I'm seeing seem to be plastic from what you are saying; sounds like pretty rough, bad work; no wonder the centerpin insulator is broken;

With all that as a starting point I'd be suspicious of the Chemistry of the centerpin insulator.

Yeah, this is my first RDA and it's been a good learning experience in what to look for. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on the real deal if I find that RDA's aren't for me, but at the same time I was trying to get something decent for my money.

As always, I guess you get what you pay for.

send them the pics.
Don't use the item.

So I sent the picture and a short note saying, "This is broken, please send a new one."

Got a reply from Angel Cigs today saying, "No problem ,we will send you at once ..and once shipped ,we will send you the tracking number"

Thanks for the advice on that, edyle. Now I've just got to hope they actually send it.

I'll probably post one more update on here once the new one comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread