itaste 134 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased an Itaste 134 from Altsmoke at the cincinnati location. It randomly shuts it self off about 4-5 times a day.
I called them and talked to the store owner and explained the issue I was having. I brought the unit out for replacement.
To my surprise he presses the button 10 times with my iclear tank on it and it fires. Then he attached my protank 2 and did the same.
He told me there is nothing wrong with the unit. This test proofs nothing, I clearly told him it was shutting off randomly over the phone, he tells me to bring it out for replacement and then pulls this bs on me.

I paid good money for the unit and the fact that he is giving me the run around is completely disrespectful.
He will no longer be getting my business.

Sorry you are having issues with it. It is a 3 click on and off operation and I find myself accidently turning it off several times per day (my thumb has a stutter) especially when I first pick it up and am locating the fire button

I fire mine with my pointer finger, I am positive without a doubt this is not the issue.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Welcome to the forum Nick, a few on the forums have reported similar issues http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-weird-wrong-battery-bad-mod-confussed.html

I'm not sure that you'll get resolution with the vendor as they probably need to duplicate the issue in-store for a return to the manufacturer. All I can suggest is you read around a little more, maybe do a google search for others having this issue and perhaps even contact the manufacturer for some advice.

I know you paid a lot for it, and really altsmoke should fix the issue. Maybe you should try talking to the manager of the store and just ask politely if there is any other way they can make you happy - perhaps a switch for a different APV or store credit.

Hopefully someone can chime in with a possible solution, but in my limited experience, you'll get more traction trying to manage a solution with the vendor by giving an inch to get a yard.

Failing that, visit the AltSmoke vendor forum and PM a moderator and as a last resort, post up in the negative supplier review section on the ECF and see if that gets you a better answer from them.

Rob4092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
USA
I just sent the below e-mail to Innokin. Their e-mail address is: support@innokin.com

Please.....to all who are experiencing this issue send an e-mail to Innokin to report the same issue! Maybe they will help if many complaints are sent to them? This thing is not cheap! Innokin needs to make this right for all of us!

Dear Innokin:

I just purchased an iTaste 134 and am having an issue with it. It is silver.

The issue is the fact that it turns itself off. I may get 10-12 hits on it then it shuts itself off. I have to push the button 3 times to turn it back on.

This is my second 134. My first one did the exact same thing so I returned it to the vendor. The replacement 134 is doing the exact same thing! This is two 134's with identical issues.

I also have a black 134 and it is perfect....no issues whatsoever.

I am not the only person experiencing this issue. There are many people on the Electronic Cigarette Forum who are complaining of the exact same issue. Here are links to these conversations:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/467516-itaste-134-issues.html?

and

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-weird-wrong-battery-bad-mod-confussed.html

I do not want to go back to my vendor as they are very small and should not have to mess with another return. It seems like this is the issue with most people who have purchased a 134.

Please help me.

Rob Robinson

I just sent the below e-mail to Innokin. Their e-mail address is: support@innokin.com

Please.....to all who are experiencing this issue send an e-mail to Innokin to report the same issue! Maybe they will help if many complaints are sent to them? This thing is not cheap! Innokin needs to make this right for all of us!

Dear Innokin:

I just purchased an iTaste 134 and am having an issue with it. It is silver.

The issue is the fact that it turns itself off. I may get 10-12 hits on it then it shuts itself off. I have to push the button 3 times to turn it back on.

This is my second 134. My first one did the exact same thing so I returned it to the vendor. The replacement 134 is doing the exact same thing! This is two 134's with identical issues.

I also have a black 134 and it is perfect....no issues whatsoever.

I am not the only person experiencing this issue. There are many people on the Electronic Cigarette Forum who are complaining of the exact same issue. Here are links to these conversations:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/467516-itaste-134-issues.html?

and

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-weird-wrong-battery-bad-mod-confussed.html

I do not want to go back to my vendor as they are very small and should not have to mess with another return. It seems like this is the issue with most people who have purchased a 134.

Please help me.

Rob Robinson

I emailed them. Waiting.....etc

Mine was shutting itself off for the first week or so but then just stopped and I haven't had it shut off for a few weeks now.

I have had this one for 2 weeks still doing it.
I heard back from innokin.

They told me it is shutting off because the voltage is low. I would love to know how that is possible since it shuts off when the voltage indicator is green, or yellow, red indicates low which is not whats going on here.

MasterB

Sep 21, 2013
Idaho
So what I've learned is the 134 does a quick 1 second test to determine the Ohm, then fires up full force. What I've noticed if my finger slips or I double click it during this time, the green light flashes 3 times and shuts off. Once I got used to the 134 it's a champ. ESPECIALLY since the weight of it balances out heavy tanks e.g. iClear 30, Pro Tank I or II. I have to say the 134 feels more ergonomically correct than any other mods. Having always had my eVic always set on VW, this mod just makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread