Itaste 3.0 vs. Evic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
Sorry, I know there are too many questions like mine. :) I am trying to decide between the itaste 3.0 and the eVic. Both to up to the same V and W max, and both seem to have about the same features. Is the only real difference battery life and price?
If I don't like whichever I buy, I'm getting a provari, but I wanted to try VW before I invest in that.
Will I miss the 1 extra volt and 4 extra watts of devices like the vamo? I was trying to stay in a smaller size (I heard eVic can be made smaller with a special tube)?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The iTaste 3.0 is about twice the cost of the eVic last time I checked. If you want variable wattage, and want to stick around $50 or so, then you have many choices including the iTaste, the anyvape CVI, the Sigelei mini, the VAMO, etc. The provari is about four times this cost and doesn't have variable power. The eVic has the best display and information out there (V 1.2/1.3) but it's closer to $100. In between are many many choices. I personally like the Sigelei's. V3 is VV/VW and telescopes to shorter or longer and accepts 18350 to 18650 batteries, or stacked. Do you want colors? The anyvapes and Sigelei mini's are nice, but so are about a dozen clones in their category. Since I don't have the iTaste 3.0, I can't really help you with your question, but there are many choices to look at. Describe what you want in an APV and your budget and a lot of members can chime in and help. Best of luck to you!

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I have two, but they're not my favorite APV. The Provari people though will be happy to explain why it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I certainly would not jump from an ego to a provari for many reasons, though, again, the provari people will tell you that you can't go wrong. Personally, I think there are a whole bunch of devices that work just fine, have more features and cost far less. I like variable power myself, but I'm told by the provarians that it's gimmicky and unnecessary. I've spent almost $500 on provari's to find out what the hype is about, and I get it. Still not my favorite. For the same money, I'll keep my Sigelei V3, my anyvape CVI V1, and my broken eVic, which collectively cost less than one of my provari's. By the way, the debate has raged long and far on this subject. Like you I couldn't wait to join the fan club to see what it's all about. I can't say I was disappointed, but many things that are fantastic about the provari were not that important to me. I really don't care that I can run my truck over the provari and it still works. No question it is the best quality and warranty out there, but, frankly, I'm attracted to some bells and whistles. I like variable power. I like the eVic display. I just ordered a Vamo V3, it should be here tomorrow. I absolutely love my wife's CVI 1 and the Sigelei mini. My favorite, though, is my Sigelei V3 telescoping mod. You probably can't go wrong with the Provari, but it doesn't have some features which vapers do like on models that cost 20% of its cost. I like evod clearomizers. Can't use on a Provari without an adapter. There simply is not an answer to the question, "Which is the best APV?" as its all subjective. You have to figure out the features you want, the budget you have, and the models that comply with both. For me, though, it's all about two things: 1) Does it keep me off smoking? and, 2) I love the Journey of vaping as much as I love vaping and that includes a whole lotta gear along the way. But that's just me, and please I am not asking the Provarians to jump in here to defend or Champion the Provari as I am not disrespecting it. I am saying that it's a big jump from an ego to a Provari, and you may miss some cool features along the way if you do make that jump. That's all :D. Good luck to you!

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Thanks for the great advice! :)
I have a feeling I won't be happy until I buy a provari; whether I will be happy with it or not, I don't know. I don't know anyone in my area that has one I can try. I just can't stop obsessing about it! LOL

That's what happens when you let the idea enter your mind...

Grab a Vamo. It'll keep you strong for a while until you can save the cash for the Provari ;)

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
I have been vaping since May 13 of this year (other than a less than satisfying experience with Smoke51 a few years ago). I feel like I will be a little disappointed by the provari; it's been so hyped, that I feel it can't live up to my expectations. I bet it's a great device, but I have heard terms like "vape nirvana" and "ultimate vape" and even, ummm......"vapegasm".
The curiosity is killing me though!!!
As of this moment (I say this moment because I can't seem to stop buying stuff!!), I own or have used a Joye 1000 mAh ego C twist, a Kanger 650 mAh ego style battery, a Joye ego 650 mAh passthrough, various 510s (mega and regular) a Green Smoke cig alike, a Smoke51 cig alike, an itaste MVP, and Blu (not the premium, just the regular Walgreens' kit).
I like the 650 passthrough and the MVP the best so far, but I am really surprised by the vapor and throat hit you can get with a Joye 510 mega (not too impressed by battery life) if you use the right accessories with it. Not great, just surprised. The Blu, for me, was a total dud. One battery was not working at all, and other than the flavor of the cherry carto, I hated it.
Clarifications:
1. I am not bashing the provari, in fact, I have never used one; it's just a personal feeling that I will be slightly disappointed. Who knows, maybe I'll freak out and love it!
2. It's been a long time since I used Smoke 51's products; they may or may not have improved. If you love it, wonderful! I assume it's gotten better, as the e cig industry has made some huge leaps forward.
3. Maybe I got a bad Blu kit. If you love it, please don't hate me. ;)

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I have the MVP as well, and have been more than pleased with it's performance -- it's just the long wait times between recharges that get to me, since I have no other 510 devices (I have a Halo Triton Tank set, which is 808). So if I need to recharge the MVP and have been loving something in my Protank or iclear 30, then I have to put it down.

The MVP covers everything except variable Wattage (version 3 will have ohm checker and VW just like the small itaste), and only goes up to 5 volts. I don't have anything with a greater resistance than 2.4 ohms, except for the iclears which do require higher volts due to being dual coil. But they hit well @ 5 - 4.3 volts.

So except for the VW, set it and leave it settings, you've got all that you need to have a great vape. Try different clearo and cartos and RBA and disposable atomizers for better flavor or vapor if what you have isn't enough. But the MVP is a great little Variable Voltage device that delivers, and has a long battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread