Itchy Skin, Rashes: PG Allergy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojogardener

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Northeast
I read this entire trail...I dont have itching.
However, when I started vaping I was zoned out and got blurry vision.
I could not remember things and acted like a total loon. When I smoked or used snus I felt better - weird right?
I asked and asked, but no one could offer any clues.
Then Vaporer suggested I cut out PG and switch to VG - woa...what a difference!
It was like somone turned the light on! I was not in a purple haze anymore.
I love the lazy vapes, especially at night, and, most importantly, - Im actually down to one ciggy a day....and soon will cut that one out too cause it tastes terrible.
I see that ppl have posted about flavors without PG and I will give that a try.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
I read this entire trail...I dont have itching.
However, when I started vaping I was zoned out and got blurry vision.
I could not remember things and acted like a total loon. When I smoked or used snus I felt better - weird right?
I asked and asked, but no one could offer any clues.
Then Vaporer suggested I cut out PG and switch to VG - woa...what a difference!
It was like somone turned the light on! I was not in a purple haze anymore.
I love the lazy vapes, especially at night, and, most importantly, - Im actually down to one ciggy a day....and soon will cut that one out too cause it tastes terrible.
I see that ppl have posted about flavors without PG and I will give that a try.

:thumbs: Good deal jojo. Glad V got you feeling better! The clouds of vapor from the VG juices are a plus, too.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
i had posted the questions, see below, in 2 different threads with very little feedback until this morning. redgirl sent me a link to this discussion and this has been very helpful. i will switch to the ecopure for the time being and see if that will help.

------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, so i started vaping on 2-20 and on 3-01 i was completely smokefree. all went really well. then, 2 weeks ago, i was rubbing my eyes and felt something burn. i thought to myself that maybe i had some juice on my finger from dripping and went to rinse off whatever it was.
well, since that day i've been looking like a raccoon, except my eyerings are red. i was not able to clear it up at all and switched to the only vg juice i had about 3 days ago. no luck, so off to the dermatologist i went .
he really has no idea what caused it but is convinced we are dealing with allergies, could be pg, vapor drifting up to my eyes, flavors in the juice, who knows. i never had any allergies before and i am no spring chicken. he prescribed some cream which is helping to soothe the skin. btw no problem with my eyes, it's just the skin around the eyes but, lol, the pulling, itching, unbelievable.
so, has anybody suffered the same way and was able to pinpoint the cause?

EasyVapin

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
Enterprise, Alabama, United States
So, I'm fairly certain I'm allergic to PG & I'm pretty bummed out about it. I've been trying to figure out how to get rid of what I thought to be "ringworm" for like 3 weeks now, & after going to the doctor & getting an internal medication & a cream, just last week, I'm now seeing that the dots are spreading, & that they really don't look like the first few I had, which I thought were ringworm. It's crazy.

After reading this thread this morning I realized I switched to Halo just about a month ago now. I'm going to have to go back to the doctor & find out whether it's definitely an allergy or not because I finally found my vape all day juice, didn't care which one but I loved TruePure, Menthol Ice & Freedom juice, & now I'm having to go back & find a VG that I like.

What's really odd though is that I vaped JC TC for a few weeks prior to switching to Halo & had no issues what so ever. I thought they used PG as well.

resonator

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
The Badger State
As a follow up to my post #44 in this thread, I tested a liquid that I thought was a direct cause of my break-out, using the methods I had outlined in the post, and this time I got zero symptoms. I filled a cart with the liquid and question and happily vaped it... .symptom free. This is a good/bad thing because I am not 100% sure what caused my rash in the 1st place now.

Scooter Bob

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
I've had relentless itching after laying down to sleep, primarily all over my head and face, for months. It takes a long time to ever get to sleep, but the itching is gone in the mornings. I also get facial hives after shaving, looks much like ringworms. It seems to be worse after heavy vaping nights.

I use half-half PG and VG now, and really don't care to think about going straight VG, it's nauseating after a period of time. I have actually cut back on vaping and the itching episodes have become a little easier. I can still almost always count on the itchy 'critters' on the end of my nose and all over the face for a time after laying down.

I'm going to have to consider stopping vaping,or cut way back even further. I was thinking these symptoms were all just me until I read this thread. SB

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I've had relentless itching after laying down to sleep, primarily all over my head and face, for months. It takes a long time to ever get to sleep, but the itching is gone in the mornings. I also get facial hives after shaving, looks much like ringworms. It seems to be worse after heavy vaping nights.

I use half-half PG and VG now, and really don't care to think about going straight VG, it's nauseating after a period of time. I have actually cut back on vaping and the itching episodes have become a little easier. I can still almost always count on the itchy 'critters' on the end of my nose and all over the face for a time after laying down.

I'm going to have to consider stopping vaping,or cut way back even further. I was thinking these symptoms were all just me until I read this thread. SB

i am trying ecopure rich and lots of water to see if that helps with the pg allergy. will update in a few days

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US
Rag....if you are reacting to PG watch out for drugs, over the counter and prescription. Tylenol, Advil, a bunch of them have pg. Zyban had it, too. I read a lot of bottles!

You know, I'm glad you posted that. I don't know how to deal with this issue if it is the PG. I have always had what I called "bad skin" for many years, about 10 now. I also take an anti-depressant, Wellbutrin, for about the same amount of time now. It has PG in it, and of course is the same medication as Zyban. I have to stay on it, can't stop it. And I doubt being able to find an anti-depressant that doesn't contain it in the same family, you know what i mean? But this rash, itching, and face breakouts are just ridiculous. I don't know what to do at this point. I didn't stay on VG-only liquids long enough to see if it would help. Plus, I was having so much trouble breathing and getting chest pains, I decided to try not paying any mind to what was in my juice, like when I first started vaping. But then again, when you first start, you haven't been ingesting anything long enough to know if it will cause problems.

I'm seriously considering smoking again, just less, if it means my face and neck won't be this bad anymore. Can't stand the thought of smoking again. I waited so long to find something that would work for me. I'm also clean from drugs and alcohol for many years, and this was my "last vice", so to speak. And the hardest to give up.

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
I seem to have a few issues as a lot of you all. I vape more VG% now and it has help with the dry scaly skin, I thought i had ringworn too, I thought i had it around my eyes too and at my hair line i thought i had dandruff really bad, so I have upped my VG % in all my juices and it is much better, I like Ecopure VG juice so i think i will be using that from now on and just adding my own flavors. But glad to know that im not alone and that knowing that Vg fixes my problem
Tara

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
I seem to have a few issues as a lot of you all. I vape more VG% now and it has help with the dry scaly skin, I thought i had ringworn too, I thought i had it around my eyes too and at my hair line i thought i had dandruff really bad, so I have upped my VG % in all my juices and it is much better, I like Ecopure VG juice so i think i will be using that from now on and just adding my own flavors. But glad to know that im not alone and that knowing that Vg fixes my problem
Tara

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
I hear you guys. I have been through a LOT with this pg allergy. It didn't start with ecigs at all, but when I got my ecig it helped me identify what I had been reacting to for years. My ecig has been a godsend! I know I would still be smoking without it and that was killing me. I just figured I would do whatever I had to do to be able to use it. For me that means no pg and no poly fillings. I use vg and drip. That's what great about the ecig, you can use it however you need to. Just don't give up. I wouldn't let myself use any excuses. I just had to make it work. And it does! For over a year now. Yeah :D

Rainbowz

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Oregon, USA
Yay! I'm so glad I have read this thread. I broke out in severe hives a couple of days ago, and by reading this realized I had just started using a new bright-red colored PG vanilla flavor. I'm putting that on the shelf and going back to my naked VG mixed with mocha flavoring and see how I improve.

I have had, however, a lot of general rashes recently which I attributed to the dry climate I live in, but I think I will shelve my other PG-based liquids that I have been using recently in the meantime to see if I can narrow this down.

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
Well today is Day 2 of me Vaping the Basic VG brand, I did ok , I order some more becausse i like the Basic line but it is killing me too not use my Flavors from Tv, I hope once i get dry scalily stuff cleared from around my eyes and my hair line maybe i will be able to just add the flavors lightly to my Tobacco flavors thaat are VG.

I have seenn a big improvment already but i think i will know more in a few more days becausse i scrubbed the heck out of the dry scalily dead skin to remove it so the area is tender and bit dry from scrubbing and i know it is gonna take time for my system to flush itself just wierd being i neverr had problems with PG stuff beforre.. knowing me i probably over dosed on the stuff being my PV is almost always in my mouth....LOL

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
i am trying ecopure rich and lots of water to see if that helps with the pg allergy. will update in a few days

thought i had made headway and used a little pg, and here i am back with the tight feeling around my eyes and general slight itchiness on my body.
guess no pg at all for me, lol:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread