It's time I joined the Forum - Issue with new iTaste SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polish Rifle

Jul 10, 2013
United States
Hello everyone.

I've been reading these forums for the better part of 10 months and have learned a ton from the knowledgable members here. I quit analogs about 8 months ago and credit many of your experiences for jumping into the vaping world. I started with a basic e-cig, moved up to a Ego-C kit, and now vape 1300mah Vision Spinners with Kanger Evods. My juice collection and vaping paraphernalia has grown immensely over this short amount of time.

I finally decided to upgrade and purchased the iTaste SVD from Fastech. After waiting just shy of 30 days for it to leave Hong Kong, it FINALLY arrived yesterday. Today, I took it out of the box and popped in a Panasonic NCR18650PD battery (also from fasttech) and to my dismay, the LED lights red and the display reads "low." The result? NO VAPE!

I charged the batteries for about 5 hours (Nitecore I4 V2). Do new batteries need a longer charge time? Is there something else I can do to troubleshoot? I've read that these batteries are acceptable, however the manual recommends IMR batteries.

Any help for this APV Newb would be appreciated. I look forward to joining in more discussions when my post count increases accordingly.

Thanks,

Polish Rifle

Rifle,

I got the exact same SVD, Nitecore charger, and batteries from Fasttech. My batteries did not come charged when arrived so I had to throw them on the charger. They took quite a while to charge, though I can't remember how long exactly. The Nitecore will register all the LED indicators solid and not flashing when they are ready to go (make sure they are inserted properly). When fully charged and in the SVD, if you click and hold one of the voltage up/down buttons it will give you a reading on the amount of volts your battery still holds. When fully powered, it should read 4.1 or so. Good luck, hope it works out for you. Very nice device that I've come to really like.

Polish Rifle

Jul 10, 2013
United States
Rifle,

I got the exact same SVD, Nitecore charger, and batteries from Fasttech. My batteries did not come charged when arrived so I had to throw them on the charger. They took quite a while to charge, though I can't remember how long exactly. The Nitecore will register all the LED indicators solid and not flashing when they are ready to go (make sure they are inserted properly). When fully charged and in the SVD, if you click and hold one of the voltage up/down buttons it will give you a reading on the amount of volts your battery still holds. When fully powered, it should read 4.1 or so. Good luck, hope it works out for you. Very nice device that I've come to really like.

Thanks. Yes, the LED indicators are solid (all yellow). I'll reinsert one and check the volts on the battery. Hoping it's not an issue with the SVD.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I also have the same set up, SVD, Panasonic NCR18650PD battery, and Nitecore charger (all from Fastech). Had the same problem until I realized that the instruction manual is wrong. The battery goes in positive first (end with nipple). You may have already realized it yourself but thought I would mention it. I love my SVD and have already ordered another one from Fastech.

Polish Rifle

Jul 10, 2013
United States
I also have the same set up, SVD, Panasonic NCR18650PD battery, and Nitecore charger (all from Fastech). Had the same problem until I realized that the instruction manual is wrong. The battery goes in positive first (end with nipple). You may have already realized it yourself but thought I would mention it. I love my SVD and have already ordered another one from Fastech.

Bunny,

You win the prize! I just flipped the battery, and voila! It's working like a champ. You just made my night. Much thanks!

Rifle

Polish Rifle

Jul 10, 2013
United States
image.jpg

Happy Vapes to you as well

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
Thanks, I was concerned. I ordered the SVD, same batteries, and the i2 charger a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread