Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Rexa,

How does the BE-112 differ from the DSE801 (which you retired)? It's also a penstyle, right? And how do you like it?

At the risk of questioning you to death, how is that Kensington Powerpack (into which you plug your passthrough I suppose) working for you?

By the way, I also would like to see a comparison between the Jantystick and the Screwdriver.

Thanks!

Don (vaping a KB808D-1 from easycig.com)
an extemely experienced vaper - one day and counting. :)

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
being as they both use a 3.7volt single cell , and both have a manual switch and both will use the same atomizer I'm guessing performance wise there will be very little or no difference.
The only variable on performance will be airflow and how that effects the vapour production.
ofcourse the SD uses a higher mAh cell so will last longer on a single charge.

Janty are planning on releasing a jantystick V.2 sometime soon , instead of plastic construction it will be made from metal , probably aluminium which will make it more durable and appealing to some ( that'll be me ) :)

ApO.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I have both well, kinda, I've got what Trog used to sell as the "Ultimate" kit which was the standard 901 SD with an adapter for the 801. I have owned the SD for a few months had have had the stick for close to a month. Initially there was no difference in performance, vapor, taste, throat-kick wise. There still isn't a difference to me in those areas, as there shouldn't be, they are both 3.6 to 3.7 devices using the same atomizer with a manual switch.

The seperating factors are:

1. Batteries
2. Durability
3. Cost

Let's look at these individually,

Batteries - the Screwdriver roughly gets twice the battery life as the stick. It is important to note that with both the screwdriver and the Janty Stick the batteries will begin loosing life within a few weeks. You will notice they don't last as long as when you first purchased them, you will need to replace these batteries just as you do any other PV(although at a cheaper cost and less frequently). The Janty Stick uses a built in usb passthrough so when you have USB or 110 available and within reach you can charge and vape at the same time.

Durability - The Janty Stick is made of plastic, the SD is made of aluminum. They both use a manual switch. The switch on the Janty Stick looks to be prone to separating from the body and is held by adhesive. You can stick it back on there but if it separates once it will separate again. Some Sticks have a leaking issue (this may be caused by the rubber tip cartridges), while any PV will leak, it seems more detrimental to the stick because it can collect in there and become messy. The SD switch is durable but will wear out eventually and need to be replaced which Trogg can either send you directions or you can send it back to him for repair. The SD switch will break if you drop the SD and it lands on the switch. The Atomizer connection on the SD if dropped with an atomizer connected could become damaged if it lands on the atomizer end. The Janty Stick if dropped could fall apart and need to be reassembled as Cellmeister shows here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/jantyusa/20724-cracking-open-janty-stick.html

Cost - The Janty Stick is $80 and the Screwdriver is $160. Batteries for the Screwdriver cost as low as $2 and as high as $10, no e-cig retailers carry the batteries so you will need to order them from other retailers online such as www.dealextreme.com or Welcome to BatteryJunction.com - Our prices won't leave you drained! The Stick uses the same batteries as e-cigars and are available from several e-cig retailers. They can be purchased for as low as $1.50 and as high as $4. The Janty Stick comes with a 6 month warranty.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
being as they both use a 3.7volt single cell , and both have a manual switch and both will use the same atomizer I'm guessing performance wise there will be very little or no difference.
The only variable on performance will be airflow and how that effects the vapour production.
ofcourse the SD uses a higher mAh cell so will last longer on a single charge.

Janty are planning on releasing a jantystick V.2 sometime soon , instead of plastic construction it will be made from metal , probably aluminium which will make it more durable and appealing to some ( that'll be me ) :)

ApO.

Beat me to it and managed to say the same thing in many less keystrokes.

Brevity = Beauty

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Well if someone has a JS & Prodigy, I can meet up and they can do the video. I will supply.

Zi Moshi 801L
Zi Moshi 901L
Zi Moshi 901L w/801L Convertor
GG
SD 801 & 901
NicoStick 901 w/801 Convertor
My own little critter - The Mamu 901 w/801 Convertor

Do you drive through Dallas/Fort Worth?

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Just have to wait for him to get his prodigy and for the GG to arrive! Have one heck of a review thread

I'm on board with that Mouse. I've also got a mag mod here that we can throw in the mix.

This would be great!!! I'm sure that there are quite a few folks that are in a quandry as to which one to buy. This should settle it for them!!:D

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
OK Folks here is the lineup for the review...

Zi Moshi 801L
Zi Moshi 901L
Zi Moshi 901L w/801L Convertor
GG
SD 901 w/801 Convertor
NicoStick 901 w/801 Convertor
My own little critter - The Mamu 901 w/801 Convertor
Janty Stick 801
Janty Stick w/901 adapter
Mag Mod 901 (801 with adapter)
Ruyan E-cigar
standard 901s, 801s, and 510s (can't vouch for the batteries being up to the task of a review though)
and possibly a 901 to 510 adapter to test the 510 on all of these as well

And Franklyspeaking will be doing all vaping with 48 Juice!!!! Nah. Probably will make it some commercial juice. Would hate to videotape the death of franklyspeaking.

Actually I have a bottle of GREEN Johnson Creek Juice

Last edited:

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Mouse you crack me up!! Your little critter the mamu hahaha!!

I didn't see the Prodigy on your list for review?? I know it's not available quite yet but will be next week I think.

With the GG - are you doing it with the 901 adapter? It has 801 and 510 adapters, too.

This is SO cool that you're doing this. :thumbs:

It's really nice to have a thread about the Screwdriver and Janty Stick and not have mudslinging and hijacking of the thread. Such a refreashing change!

I totally agree! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread