Jon at "The Safe Cig" is at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Jon (The Safe Cig Owner) has started a new thread at ecigforum.com. His post is as follows:

Hello Everyone.

I just wanted to give a small update on what’s been happening in the last few days with The Safe Cig. Since CBS News Report Aired My websites email has been flooded with letters. You might think that people would worried about the product...well NO !!! I have so many people who basically wrote me that they stand by my company and its product and they are willing to do anything to get CBS to make a retraction for their FALSE statements. My internet sales have also gone up since the report. Even a doctor from Florida wrote me that he purchased the kit when he was in town and he is now recommending it to his patients that smoke. I understand that the marketing of this product is a very touchy subject considering that it is very new to the American market. But if we continue to keep it a secret then that would be selfish considering 5.4 Million people die each year from cigarettes, That’s enough Dead bodies to fill up 100 world trade center buildings from top to bottom. So the real terrorists are the cigarettes company’s !!! Although I have in hand multiple lab results from my developer and with the recent findings that the vapor is harmless and non-cancer causing by the New Zealand report….I have decided to commision 3 separate AMERICAN company’s do separate lab testing’s for me on the cartridges. Once the tests are finished I will post them everywhere I can for the public to see and hopefully get the FDA’S attention is a positive way. As for our Community, I do consider myself part of the community and I feel very blessed to have the opinions of such passionate people. I sincerely hope that TOGETHER we can make the electronic cigarette a thing of the FUTURE and help as many people as we can.
Best Wishes
Jon
Recent Quote
“The Product Has Promise”
Doctor Richard Wender
Past President of The American Cancer Society

Last edited:

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Vancouver WA
I am so glad to once again have a place where I can speak my mind on this safe cig situation, without the threat of being banned! Granted, on the other forum I expressed how I felt about this money grubbing little parasite! He claims to be acting on all of these lofty ideals in the interest of all of us. However, anyone that has read through his posts can clearly see that he serves no one but himself.
I genuinely applaud all of you within the e-cig community that I have observed attempting to reason with this guy via intelligent and rational discourse! I really do. Could anyone point out to me one place where he has so much as acknowledged the merit in our perspective? a perspective I might add that was all but universal up to the point where I stopped reading the thread in disgust. If there was any point where he even pretended to consider the collective wisdom on the other forum, honestly please point it out to me.

Over on the A.E.C. forum, where I post as "MildThing", some may have gotten the impression that I might have somewhat of a negative opinion of my "Bro" jon with safe-cig. I can only refer to those so quick to judge as VERY PERCEPTIVE! Trust me, there is a reason for this. I have owned and operated my own business in a "fringe" industry for going on 15 years now. About eleven years ago, I witnessed first hand exactly how much damage one person, well idiot, can do under these same circumstances'. While momentarily in the media spotlight, he too put a branch of the federal government in a place where they had no choice but to act. Just like that billboard is going to do. For the next three years, I watched the government spend 42 million dollars (our tax dollars) implementing new and exciting ways to make it impossible for us to do business.

I have indeed reacted very strongly to this situation because I have little doubt that this is headed in exactly the same direction. Under these conditions, the government will not play fair. If they decided to shut this down, they will. And right now, my "bro" jon isn't leaving them much choice.

Robert

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
It was a great marketing idea. We have to give him credit for that. However couldent he wait until legistation is over.

I know I wouldn't want to be called out by some Philly Yahoo with a billboard for my bad habits. It would completely piss me off, and I would be looking to put a hurt on anyone that might be responsible.

NathanS

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 1, 2008
    Portland, OR USA
    Well that is why it was stupid to do. They could easily ban e-cigs while legislation is going on. Once its over ijn july we would have 2 years to be safe from a compleate ban. (let me know if im wrong on this). If there was no worry about govenment ruining the business then it would just have been a great idea to get free publicity but i dont think this industry wants that right now.

I know I wouldn't want to be called out by some Philly Yahoo with a billboard for my bad habits. It would completely piss me off, and I would be looking to put a hurt on anyone that might be responsible.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    Nathan: Congress doesn't have to create any new legislation to ban e-cigs. The Food and Drug Administration has made it abundantly clear that it has all the law it needs to regulate them and initiate "enforcement action."

It can act when it sees fit. Tomorrow, next year, or never. But it can act without the need for Congress to act first.

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2008
    East Texas
    I have been reading these posts on this subject, and there is a rather large demographic that has not even been considered, and that is the rather significant percentage of citizens who will NOT purchase ANY product even remotely associated with OBAMA. I proudly count myself among that number.

I feel that all of the issues noted are valid, the legal issue of NOT having permission to use that image in advertising, the issue of calling unwelcome attention to the e-cigs (some attention is good, some is NOT !), and all the other issues surrounding this not very well thought out decision, there is that one added component, of course, I guess one has to consider the locale of the billboard.....

Just MHO....

NathanS

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 1, 2008
    Portland, OR USA
    Nathan: Congress doesn't have to create any new legislation to ban e-cigs. The Food and Drug Administration has made it abundantly clear that it has all the law it needs to regulate them and initiate "enforcement action."

It can act when it sees fit. Tomorrow, next year, or never. But it can act without the need for Congress to act first.

Im sure your right bob, as you usually are, i have heard from other people in the tobbaco industry that when legislation is in session is when you have to worry the most.

MAD 69

ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2009
    NJ USA
    I find it funny that the O.P. made a thread about this on 2 forums. I'm beginning to think he is in business with the safecig guy. He doesn't want anyone to buy from him - yet he is giving him more free advertising on this site. It was a dead issue, there was no need to bring it to this forum. I don't agree with the safecig guy, but I would have banned some of the people who bashed him also, they are really no better than him. Sound like a bunch of kooks and zealots.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I find it funny that the O.P. made a thread about this on 2 forums. I'm beginning to think he is in business with the safecig guy. He doesn't want anyone to buy from him - yet he is giving him more free advertising on this site. It was a dead issue, there was no need to bring it to this forum. I don't agree with the safecig guy, but I would have banned some of the people who bashed him also, they are really no better than him. Sound like a bunch of kooks and zealots.

The only thread I made about this was on this forum. If you have a problem with the thread, there are many other threads in this forum you are free to look at. As far as the kook reference, I would say that it takes one to know one, YOU KOOK!!!:nah:

MAD 69

ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2009
    NJ USA
    I guess you forgot about the thread at the other forum, but I guess that doesn't count. The issue was dead, and you felt the need to bring it up again. You also felt the need to bash the guy on 2 different forums, what are you 16 years old? Why do you give a **** if the guy sets up a billboard? Its his business that doesn't effect you in any way, you people are making a big deal out of nothing.

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2009
    Vancouver WA
    I guess you forgot about the thread at the other forum, but I guess that doesn't count. The issue was dead, and you felt the need to bring it up again. You also felt the need to bash the guy on 2 different forums, what are you 16 years old? Why do you give a **** if the guy sets up a billboard? Its his business that doesn't effect you in any way, you people are making a big deal out of nothing.
    Please tell me you didn't just say that?!?!?! If you really believe that then I'm proud to be a "kook"! Far better a kook than an ignorant fool.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    Rio Rancho, NM

That response definitley makes me think that you are Jon's buisness partner. This is a forum that intended for the discussion of all that e-cigs entail. If you have a problem with the subject of this thread, go focus on another thread. I give a **** about that stupid billboard because it is going to F things up for all e-vapers out there, including you. If you have a problem with my desire to inform the people on this forum about this issue, than you can take that concern to SJ. Nothing about this thread has been interveined on by the powers that be, so i would tell you to just focus on other threads and move on.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 31, 2008
    New Philadelphia, OH

Probably because this is a different forum? The topic was pretty well viewed on the other ones, why not bring it here?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread