juiice funk...suggestions? Please be kind.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy One

May 31, 2012
LA, CA
Hi all – looking for a little advice. I know everyone’s tastes are different, and one person’s yummy juice can be another person’s icky juice!
But I am desperate so I am posting anyway.

I have been vaping for a little over a year – I found this forum and smoked blu’s and cigs until I got my first kgo and haven’t had a cig since.

I’ve moved on to various VV devices, my fave right now is the new and improved Mega VV Kgo from Hoosier’s.

I prefer cartomizers…. I have tried all sorts of fancy tanks, clearomizers, etc. But I prefer the flavor of cartomizers.

My problem: I am in a juice funk. I need a change….I can’t seem to taste anything right now…..I have read about this phenomenon and know I need to switch it up.

I do not claim to have any sort of refined palette. I started with tobacco flavors but very quickly branched into other flavors. I seem to prefer fruit/candy the most although I also like coffee/chocolate/etc as well. I don't like menthol. (Although I always add a tad of tobacco to my initial "loading" of my cartomizer, but not much.)

I found alt.cig and really love their juices, and they are mostly what I vape. There is a juice bar locally and I go there sometimes to try new juices.

I need to branch out - I have been reading the juice threads and still am having trouble figuring out where to order some samples from.

I read a lot of the “best of 2012” threads at the end of last year, and ordered the sample pack from Alice in Vapeland and was completely underwhelmed. I like strong bold flavored juices, and I don’t know what is wrong with me because I could barely taste them! (no offense to AIV, I know loads of people love them!) And yes, I let them steep after my first attempt – no change. I’ve ordered from a few other vendors when I order gear but nothing has really blown me away.

So I just ordered 2 sample packs from Fuzion, based on reviews here - although I am a little worried because I have read they clog cartomizers.

So......based on my favorites, things like vanilla, strawberry, waffle types, apple, butterscotch, cappuccino, caramels…..any suggestions for me to order samples from? (it is ok if they don't have sample kits, I am open to anything at this point....)

The most important things for me is strong, sweet, and throat hit.

I know there must be vapors who have similar tastes to mine, so any suggestions would be truly appreciated. Again, I have been reading the threads, but it is hard when the thread is : what are you vaping now? And people just list a flavor…..I don’t know if they like “subtle” or are more like me, I need “in your face”.

I would like to order from three or 4 different vendors, I really need to get out of my funk. Whatever it takes!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

And thank you for this forum - it has been a life saver. I mostly lurk, but I am so grateful for the amazing info and support here!

DirewolfUSMC

Victory to the Bold
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Shorewood, IL, USA
Hi Shy One,

Don't feel like you're alone in feeling underwhelmed by AIV's juices. I too found them to be very muted in flavor, as well as having some kind of papery aftertaste that I didn't like. To each their own, but I did not find their juices very palatable. I see you also ordered from Fuzion...I ordered from them about a month ago and while their flavors were quite strong, they as well were disagreeable with my palate and I ended up giving them away to a friend. Hopefully you will have a better experience with them than I did.

For most of the flavors you listed, I would suggest browsing Mt. Baker Vapors, Ahlusion, Elevated Vaping, Goodejuice, Heather's Heavenly Vapes, Mom & Pop Vapors....just check out their juice offerings and read reviews on their site to get a general idea of how well the flavors are. Vanilla seems to be a difficult one to nail down, but many people seem to love Grant's Vanilla Custard.

I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions as well, but for juice on the cheap to try, Mt. Baker Vapors is hard to beat...I would just order extra flavor shots with their juices as they seem to be quite muted in flavor.

Good luck!!

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
Juice funk? Yes, I know it well! Am in one right now and I have about 85 different juices to choose from in my inventory. I do find that ones I didn't care for initially seem to taste a little better when I'm in 'the funk'. I agree with you on AiV. Didn't do a thing for me and I found their juices very subtle. But, a lot of people like them. I really like Fancee Juice and The Plume Room. They have bold flavors. I can't live without TPR's Ultimate Espresso or Vanilla Caramel Frappucino. Fancee Juice's Meese Tracks is legendary. It's chocolate and hazelnut together and tastes like Harry & David's Moose Munch to me lol. I would recommend them. Fancee is pretty fast shipping but in all honesty, TPR may be a couple of weeks before shipped. They are so popular. Hope this helps!

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I know I've seen a lot of people say they didn't care too much for them, but I would recommend Parke's Vaping. They have the option for an extra flavor shot (which I have never opted for and get plenty of flavor from them) as well as additional sweetener (which I took advantage of on a couple from my first order but haven't added to any since... it wasn't bad, just didn't feel like it was needed). Their dessert flavors are spot-on for me and I have tried a couple of their fruit/candy flavors that are also really nice. Plenty of flavor and tons of vapor (50/50). I can also second Direwolf's recommendation of Mom and Pop Vapor Shop - their Butterfly Bait is a really good citrusy sweet vape and Pchela's Famous Five Layer is really good as well. Good luck, I hope you can find something that satisfies your needs! :toast:

Shy One

May 31, 2012
LA, CA
Wow thank you so much everyone....I was sooo nervous to post, I was afraid I was going to get the "read the threads" reply! (which I have been doing, I swear!!!)

I am going to check out ALL of the suggestions, thank you, thank you, thank you! And the peppermint ice cream might work - even though I don't like menthol, I did vape an irish cream that I enjoyed....I think I need a radical change to "cleanse my tastebuds"....

Thank you again, so relieved to have some direction from people who can relate! A lot of the vendors mentioned so far were ones that I was considering based on my thread reading..... Ahlusion seems to be one that I might like - I will definitely order a sample pack or something from them.

I *HOPE* I like the Fuzion samplers I ordered (6) ....but the only way I'm going to know is to try...hence my post :D

I will keep everyone updated since it looks like I am not alone - being in a funk zone......sucks :(

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
I'm pretty new to vaping, only about two months in, but I've gone a bit crazy trying juices. I think I'm at around the 60 mark or so to count the different ones. I'll list the ones I have found to have the most bold flavors..meaning strong/sweet/in your face IMO.

Zeus Juice from zeusejuice.com is a fruit blend..I really like it but unfortunately it makes me sneeze! My mom still vapes it though without issue..just me that has trouble with it.

Butterscotch from MBV, I order 50/50 with two flavor shots. Very sweet and when I am having trouble tasting juice I can still taste this one. Also very good when mixed with their peanut butter :D

Freckled Lemonade from MBV..same mix as above. (er, not with peanut butter though!)

Custard's Last Stand from nicoticket.com is very sweet, very vanilla..best vanilla I have tried. Not muted/light at all.

Queenside from Five Pawns..blood orange and French vanilla and nothing muted or light about it.

Absolute Pin from Five Pawns..but only if you like absinthe and/or black licorice. Again, nothing light or muted about it, and a very unique flavor. This isn't one I really care much for, because I *don't* particularly like licorice, but it is for sure a bold flavor. It's not straight absinthe though..also has cinnamon and caramel notes, and according to them Irish cream as well though I don't much pick up on that.

Those are the boldest flavors in my collection I can think of at the moment. Hope one or two are helpful! I'm not much into light flavors either.

OhaiKrikket

ECF Veteran
Mkay, strong & sweet:

Mt. Baker Vapor - Cinnamon Roll (get a flavor shot if you're going to do any ratio other than 80/20). Amaretto. Butterscotch.

Parkes Vaping* - Snickerdoodle, Girly Scout Cookie, Peanut Butter Cookie.

Pirate Vapor - Horchata (if you can handle the red-hot-ish cinnamon flavor)

*My Parkes Vaping experience is this - their cookies are AMAZING. Everything else is mediocre.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Huh.... off topic, but that's too bad about Parkes. I am vaping Parkes Vanilla Custard right now and love it and Twinkie is my new ADV! Their juice is quality and their CS is good.

I really like bold flavors myself and will usually get an extra flavor shot or two if given the opportunity.

If you want a strong coffee flavor, try Turkish Coffee from Virgin Vapor. I like it but cut it with something sweet and creamy.

Organic Dark Roast Turkish Coffee | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Pixie Dust from Vixen, Purple Rain from Timeless, and Banana Cream from Pink Spot Spot also come to mind.

I know I've seen a lot of people say they didn't care too much for them, but I would recommend Parke's Vaping. They have the option for an extra flavor shot (which I have never opted for and get plenty of flavor from them)

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
Huh.... off topic, but that's too bad about Parkes. I am vaping Parkes Vanilla Custard right now and love it and Twinkie is my new ADV! Their juice is quality and their CS is good.

I know, I really love their juices too! I haven't tried the Twinkie yet but it will definitely be on my next order. Gooey Goodness Cake and Good Humor are both really, really good too!

Shy One

May 31, 2012
LA, CA
Thanks again, I didn't get a chance to order last night but being the super organized person I am, I have decided to make a little spread sheet with your suggestions and then go from there.

BTW I just noticed I spelled JUICE wrong in my thread title and I am so embarrassed! I am always careful with spelling and I feel so "stuuppid"!

Oh well, at least I posted, and have received some amazing suggestions! I will keep everyone updated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread