RDA Jumping ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
The somewhat obvious answer is that there's likely a problem with your coil or how it's connected. That's a big range to be jumping; I'm pretty new to building but I've always heard to aim for .2-.3ohms either way off your goal and certainly you want it more stable. I'm not the first person who should be troubleshooting this, but the first thing to check would be that your post screws are tightened as far as they will go without cutting the wire.

Is it actually reading just .6 and 1.2-- as in one or the other-- or is it sometimes reading resistances in-between? if it's one or the other, then I'd really think one of your post screws is loose because in that case it would seem like it's sometimes only reading one coil as a single.

Is it a new atomizer?

Last edited:

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
So I'm using a mutation xs on an istick 30w with a duel coil using 8 wraps of 26 gauge kanthal and the ohms keep jumping from .6 to 1.2. Why is this?

It's your coil wire attached to the posts. A single coil at around 8 wraps of 26g runs about 1.2 ohms. Dual coils will measure down at .6 ohms. Your iStick / ohmmeter is reading only one coil. Tighten all your screws slightly and you should see the ohms lock stay down at .6 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread