Kanger II Atomizer troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

postmister

Dec 23, 2013
Columbia SC, USA
Hi all,

I recently went in on package deal a friend of mine found on the internet. Direct from Kanger you can purchase 60 atomizers for $2 a piece. Including him and I there are 4 of us that went in on a bulk purchase. We got the 1.8 ohm resistors, ( I usually use the 2.2's but the rest wanted the lower resistor and I didn't mind for $2 a piece.) However, they seem to be failing at the ??snout?? the gasket at the bottom that separates the coil ends. When they fail, the unit gets hot, because it is completing the circuit. I have a few of the ones that came with the tank out of the box, and that particular gasket seems to be made of a much more durable rubber. Is this softer rubber indicative of a new design or is it a 1.8 characteristic? Anyone know, and/or had luck with securing these better? I'm thinking about wrapping the end with Teflon tape to keep it from collapsing, yet don't want it to adversely effect the electrical flow inside.

Any advice would be appreciated.

postmister

Dec 23, 2013
Columbia SC, USA
I dont know where to find an O-ring shaped like.

atomizer oring.jpg

sunnata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
voidness

sunnata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
voidness
Even and maybe especially when you rebuild your heads, can't those insulators wear out too?

Maybe Kanger is fighting the rebuilds by making their parts more disposable? Sorry im a conspiracy guy

yes, eventually they would wear out, but you can purchase insulators elsewhere, so kanger's only option is to change the design. (waves at PT3's dual coils)

I'm not sure at all, but I think the main reason for the material switch was to make them less likely to taste like burned rubber, after many reports from users. (either when dry burning or when using high(er) voltages)

I have only used a couple of the newer heads, and still haven't done any new coils on them, so I haven't played much with this new insulator.

the old ones, I burned more than a couple. but yea, just be careful not to dry burn them for too long and it should be fine.

VaperGlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
KCMO
you mean the insulator? if so, the newer kanger heads indeed have changed materials. the new ones look more transparent, and I believe are made of silicone.

both of these are good replacements for them when they wear out:

AGA Series Positive Post Insulators - 10 pack - Kidney Puncher

or

Resistance Coil Insulator 10 Pack (CE Type Atty's, eg. Protank, Evod,T - Lightning Vapes

HTH

Thank you!!! I was looking for some backup insulators and you saved me the work of looking for them.

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
you mean the insulator? if so, the newer kanger heads indeed have changed materials. the new ones look more transparent, and I believe are made of silicone.

both of these are good replacements for them when they wear out:

AGA Series Positive Post Insulators - 10 pack - Kidney Puncher

or

Resistance Coil Insulator 10 Pack (CE Type Atty's, eg. Protank, Evod,T - Lightning Vapes

HTH

Great post! Must have info.

Are these companies located in the USA? I ask only to predict shipping times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread