Kanger Subtank Plus/Kbox Airflow issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got the Kbox mod with the Subtank plus mostly just bc it went so well together. I have a Sony VTC4 battery and everything seemed good except..... I am getting zero airflow out of it. Everything fires but I can't do a lung or mouth hit at all.... not even a little. I tried all three coils and nothing..... I eventually started checking everything starting with the drip tip and then the chimney and air flows great. Got some ejuice in my mouth a little but even individually checked each coil and the air flow is fine. The issue is once I attach it to the base it turns in to a big crap sandwich and I got zero pull on it. The airflow ring adjusts properly and clicks into place but when I tried to pull air from the top coil side it does nothing...... I have watched every video and been in every forum and I have not seen this issue except when ppl clog it from rebuilding or cleaning but mine is brand new out the box and verified through Kangertech...... Any ideas????

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I got the Kbox Mod with the Subtank plus mostly just bc it went so well together. I have a Sony VTC4 battery and everything seemed good except..... I am getting zero airflow out of it. Everything fires but I can't do a lung or mouth hit at all.... not even a little. I tried all three coils and nothing..... I eventually started checking everything starting with the drip tip and then the chimney and air flows great. Got some ejuice in my mouth a little but even individually checked each coil and the air flow is fine. The issue is once I attach it to the base it turns in to a big crap sandwich and I got zero pull on it. The airflow ring adjusts properly and clicks into place but when I tried to pull air from the top coil side it does nothing...... I have watched every video and been in every forum and I have not seen this issue except when ppl clog it from rebuilding or cleaning but mine is brand new out the box and verified through Kangertech...... Any ideas????
Try hitting the fire button and blowing through till you see vapor coming out your airflow, then take a drag. See if that fixes it. Sometimes if you overfill the tank, it can cause pressure problems, and that fixes it (usually). Hope it helps!!!

BlackCat7

May 15, 2015
I had some terrible hot gross hits when I switched to a subtank mini from a protank mini, but I figured out that its better for me if I have the airflow on the most opened setting and pull fast with my lungs. I thought it was not for me, but now I love it. Also I prefer thicker juices with the tank. I have never had zero pull, just zero vape, but I hope it helps you.

Reactions: vjdossey

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Tank was only half full. Still no airflow when trying to take a hit on it. It almost seems like it was missing a hole or something to connect the airflow from the coil to the bottom base. When I look down where the pin goes inside there is nothing at all.
Ok. I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Have you tried what I suggested? Just blow through the drip tip while you hit the button. Then take a drag once you see vapor coming out of the air slots.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome
Yeah it is confusing me as well. And yes when it is all hooked up I can blow in it all day and not even a little air goes through it. I also have the Iclear30, Mini Protank, and a few others and all of them (without the battery or Mod) I can put to my mouth and take a drag and you can hear the airflow but the subtank it doesn't matter how hard I hit it I can't even get a little air going through it. But I can blow through all the coils that comes with the subtank and the airflow is fine. It has to be something with that bottom base. Almost like the didn't machine the holes where the coils pin attaches to the base. This is by far the strangest hardest to explain experience I have ever had vaping.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

And lol I wish it was just me being dumb and not opening the air valve. The subtank is just sitting there taunting me and I have been on a solid three day mission to figure it out. I feel like Harold and Kumar and everything just keeps getting in the way of my white castle. If anyone figures anything out let me know, but the more and more I look into it it seems where the coil attaches to the air flow base someone forgot to machine it or something bc if you look inside the air holes its solid and the only air exchange is between the two air holes on the bottom and nothing flowing to the coil. I actually slightly unscrewed the coil about a quarter turn and got a small amount of vape (almost couldn't see it) but it fires and pops and crackles normally so I don't have any clue.

Worst case I will just order the bottom base Monday....

Hey Jason I finally found out what I already thought it was. I heard back from Kanger and where the coil attaches to the AFC base is supposed to have four rectangular holes as shown in the first picture and mine is the second pic and was made with ZERO rectangle holes and hence why I have no air flow at all. Someone just forgot to machine the holes and the rep I talked to said he has never seen that and was pretty amazed as well. He had to check my QR codes to make sure it wasn't a clone. Now waiting on their reply.

Attachments

• Kanger1.jpg
    Kanger1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Ohm Gnome
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread