Kanger Subtank Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeR

May 13, 2015
Hello, I'm currently running a Nano on a Hanamodz DNA30 Mini and for some reason get dry hits and I never get them when vaping the same tank on my Sigelei 150. This is usually at about 20 watts. It does it way less when I blow into the tank before I take a hit. So what I'm asking is it good or ok to blow before taking a hit or is it better to take a quick warm up kind of hit? Thanks in advance!

Dom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2015
Linwood, NJ
That happens to me its when i use too much cotton. Make sure you can pull it through the coil easily. Also this tank does better with a lower vg level. There are a couple videos on how to drill a hole on the side so it primes better. Goin to get me one of those Lemo2 's Huge holes to prime wick. The RBA is the entire base of tank. Huge. Looks alot easier to work on. I also cant vape over 20 watts w/o burning up a wick. what are you vaping at?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
You need to find the right wicking method for you.
For me that was loose wick in coil,ends barely touching deck,wet with juice and set it down to the deck before i put the chimney part. Juice holes clear because the bottom of the wick is set towards the inside. When you look from up they seem blocked but they are not.

Psofos, are you using cotton as your wicking material?

LukeR

May 13, 2015
That happens to me its when i use too much cotton. Make sure you can pull it through the coil easily. Also this tank does better with a lower vg level. There are a couple videos on how to drill a hole on the side so it primes better. Goin to get me one of those Lemo2 's Huge holes to prime wick. The RBA is the entire base of tank. Huge. Looks alot easier to work on. I also cant vape over 20 watts w/o burning up a wick. what are you vaping at?
Sorry for the confusion but it's just the Subtank Nano. I don't have the RBA on this one just the regular coils they sell. I've never been able to get close to the 30 Watt max with the .5 ohm coils. I've seen people blow into RDAs before hitting is it ok with the subtank?

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Sorry for the confusion but it's just the Subtank Nano. I don't have the RBA on this one just the regular coils they sell. I've never been able to get close to the 30 Watt max with the .5 ohm coils. I've seen people blow into RDAs before hitting is it ok with the subtank?
If it's for the Nano,I vape stock coils at 22 watts. Can go up to 26-28 at times but they get hot for me. I also vape the rda at 22-23 watts. Don't think you can go to 30+ without modding the juice channels.

LukeR

May 13, 2015
If it's for the Nano,I vape stock coils at 22 watts. Can go up to 26-28 at times but they get hot for me. I also vape the rda at 22-23 watts. Don't think you can go to 30+ without modding the juice channels.
Ok cool beans.. Do you take a mini puff to start each drag though or do you blow real quick or just flat out take a drag?

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
I start taking a drag the moment I press the button and sometimes i continue to drag after release for half a second to cool the coil and not let it burn juice after i stop draging.
If you get dry hits like a lot,try poking a small needle from the side of the coil till it gets through,without disturbing the cotton much.
You can also try rebuilding it,super easy. Stock coil has 25g kanthal,i use 26 and get 0.7-0.8 ohms 5/6 wraps on 3mm screwdriver. No need to pull the top pressed cap off.
You will find many usefull videos on rebuilding occ coils online.
EDIT: 0.8 ohms,not watts

LukeR

May 13, 2015
I start taking a drag the moment I press the button and sometimes i continue to drag after release for half a second to cool the coil and not let it burn juice after i stop draging.
If you get dry hits like a lot,try poking a small needle from the side of the coil till it gets through,without disturbing the cotton much.
You can also try rebuilding it,super easy. Stock coil has 25g kanthal,i use 26 and get 0.7-0.8 ohms 5/6 wraps on 3mm screwdriver. No need to pull the top pressed cap off.
You will find many usefull videos on rebuilding occ coils online.
EDIT: 0.8 ohms,not watts
Awesome thanks

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hello, I'm currently running a Nano on a Hanamodz DNA30 Mini and for some reason get dry hits and I never get them when vaping the same tank on my Sigelei 150. This is usually at about 20 watts. It does it way less when I blow into the tank before I take a hit. So what I'm asking is it good or ok to blow before taking a hit or is it better to take a quick warm up kind of hit? Thanks in advance!
I do it nearly every time because my coils ramp up really slowly the way I build them (worth it for the amazing flavor) but, I've never had any problems with doing it. Works fine. It's just that the SubTank (especially nano and original) in my experience has some pressure issues. Blowing through while firing the button releases the pressure, allowing you to take a normal drag. Works great for me. In my experience (just my opinion so check out others) there is no harm to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread