Kanger T3S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.

I'm fairly new to vaping and I've met one real concern. I've searched for answers, however, I am a bit confused about some of the solutions. Maybe someone can help me out and be a bit more descriptive. I'd appreciate that.

I started with iClears, but I noticed their tanks leak a lot compared to the kanger T3S. So I stocked up on some.
Initially, I had no problem. Now, however, every T3S I have used, leaks, and every coil I change does no rectify the issue.
What I did notice is this: with a thick e-juice (like my red licorice e-juice-slightly gel-like), there have been no issues. But with a thin ejuice, the tank will leak. What should I do? are all my coils bad? I soaked them and dried them just in case, did not want to throw them out.

Thanks!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Here's a few things to check.
1) Do you have the rubber seal snug at the base of the tube?
2) Do you have the tube seated properly?
3) Are you tightening the coil head tight?

I know these are basic questions but sometimes it's the simple things that cause the problems. If you've checked all of these things and everything is fine then the problem is probably your thin juice. You could add some VG to thicken it but you'll lose some flavor and nic strength. Maybe somebody else will come along with more to offer.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
With the T3 it was a matter of keeping all three silicone seals/rings in place. The two that were most likely to move were the one by the threads - when that drops down, screwing on the tank gets harder and the threads are chewing up the ring making it vulnerable to a leak; and the one on the post near the wicking - that can move up the post allowing ejuice to get into the tube area.

When those are in place, then any leaking is not screwing the tank onto the knurled piece snug enough. Tightening the whole clearo onto the battery isn't as crucial for leaking although it may be for contact with the center posts. The only other thing would be a cracked tank - maybe not even visible... hairline crack. I've seen all cases above. When those are not the case, the T3 doesn't leak and is the least likely to leak than any clearo I've used.

The T3S adds another problem because the coil unit and the base are separate. Like Terry says, you have to make sure the coil unit if firmly screwed into the base... And it can come unscrewed sometimes when going to fill the tank - always check that and the seals. Otherwise it's virtually the same as the T3 - the most likely is the ring drops to the threading, gets chewed up. Also the seal above the center tube in the clearo needs to be in place. Kanger clones do not do as well with their seals - if there's a gap between the seal around the center tube (above the wicking) it will leak.

image.php

The center seal above, has never been a problem for me - only the one by the threading and the one on the center tube.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Troubleshooting 101:

If your clearo is flooding, the connections are not tight enough--or too tight. Keep reading.

If you're using clearos and getting a burnt taste it means that not enough juice is getting to the coil and you're basically vaping dry, hot air or inhaling smoke from the gunk that's burning off of your coil. Not a good thing. Another case of bad taste maybe the tank itself--some arrive covered with some kind of nasty grease; wash them with soap and water (just the tanks--soak the coils in PGA or vodka).

There are a few things you need to remember when using a T3 or an eVod or a ProTank--in addition to keeping your coils clean and free of gunk that accumulates on them.

1) Make sure that the atomizer coil is screwed into the base tightly--every time you refill; they often come not fully tightened from the manufacturer, or may have gotten loose through repeated refills.

2) Look at all the inner seals and gaskets to make sure they haven't become dislodged.

3) Make sure that you screw the tank into its base tightly. If it's not tight, it will leak.

4) When you screw your clearomizer into your battery, do not overtighten--screw it in only until it makes contact--no farther, or you may push the center post in too deep and cause all kinds of problems, including leaking. When the draw becomes tight or the taste and vapor production begin to diminish, replace the coil. This will happen sooner (even as soon as one day of heavy use) if you're using dark, viscous, or very sweet juices. The old coil can be cleaned and dry burned.

5) Make sure you're not getting any juice in the center tube when you're filling--this will cause your eVod to leak like a sieve. If some juice gets into the tube, close the top cap, place a tissue under your tank and blow gently through the clearomizer to get rid of any excess eliquid. Also, extra condensation inside the tank may, on some occasions, drip back into the center tube. Wipe your mouthpiece dry with a q-tip or a tissue when you refill (or more often when/if needed).

6) Take an occasional "primer puff" (a slow draw without activating the battery) when you vape. It helps move the juice into the coil chamber and removes any air bubbles that sometimes form in the tank and may cause gurgling or impede proper wicking.

7) Take slow long draws rather than sharp and quick ones like we used to do while smoking cigarettes. Do not over vape, chain vape, power vape. Let the juice travel to the coil between drags.

and last but not least

8) Do not remove any flavor wicks if you're experiencing any leaking or flooding. Those wicks are there for a reason. If you feel that you have to remove a wick because your eliquid is particularly thick, do it carefully--one strand at a time. If your liquid is super thin, you can thicken it with a bit of VG (USP--pharma grade) or you can add another strand of cotton to your flavor wick. Don't add too much or you'll choke your atomizer and get a dry hit.

Also, make sure you're vaping at correct wattages; I like 5.5-7 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread