Kangertech Subtank RBA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a kangertech subtank kit with a rba. I have 26 gauge kanthal and some cotton from the local vape shop.I've rebuilt this atomizer numerous times and it always seems to taste burnt. Anyone have any advice? The kanthal is wrapped around a 2.4mm screwdriver about 5 or 6 times and is burning at 3.1 volts, 17-20 watts and 0.6 ohms. The cotton is neither too loose nor too tight. I did prime it by putting some juice onto it before hitting it. I've read about hot spots but have no idea what that is. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a good build off of this. If it matters my juice is a max VG and a brand called "Jüs". Any advice is appreciated.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Do you have the old version or the new one? The new version of the rba has holes drilled in the chimney, which definitely improved vg wicking. If you don't have the new one you should either drill some holes or buy the new version with the holes.

79aad3fbc9f817620c839ee36750e419.jpg

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have a kangertech subtank kit with a RBA. I have 26 gauge kanthal and some cotton from the local vape shop.I've rebuilt this atomizer numerous times and it always seems to taste burnt. Anyone have any advice? The kanthal is wrapped around a 2.4mm screwdriver about 5 or 6 times and is burning at 3.1 volts, 17-20 watts and 0.6 ohms. The cotton is neither too loose nor too tight. I did prime it by putting some juice onto it before hitting it. I've read about hot spots but have no idea what that is. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a good build off of this. If it matters my juice is a max VG and a brand called "Jüs". Any advice is appreciated.
Vg is hard to wick, you can thin it with a couple of drops per tank of distilled water. Also make sure your wick is not cut too short. I believe Pbusardo has a Youtube video showing a build on the Subtank RBA. that may help you some as well as building your coil spaced out 5 or 6 wraps at 3mm.

bliz88

Sep 3, 2015
No offense to zephryus users but that thing leaks like a monster. Flavor wise i still aim for subtank. As to answer your question on burnt taste, its not the rba problem. Get some good cotton. How you cotton it is another. everything boils to technique. Can google up riptrippers subtank on youtube. All in all i dont follow entirely his method of cottoning. If you are firing 20+ watts and 0.5 ohm u are sure to get burnt taste if you drag it for more than 6-7secs for many times without letting the juice get soaked by the cotton. Sometimes its pure common sense. Try not to put cotton over the coil or near the post. It normally burns there as well. Thanks

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have a kangertech subtank kit with a RBA. I have 26 gauge kanthal and some cotton from the local vape shop.I've rebuilt this atomizer numerous times and it always seems to taste burnt. Anyone have any advice? The kanthal is wrapped around a 2.4mm screwdriver about 5 or 6 times and is burning at 3.1 volts, 17-20 watts and 0.6 ohms. The cotton is neither too loose nor too tight. I did prime it by putting some juice onto it before hitting it. I've read about hot spots but have no idea what that is. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a good build off of this. If it matters my juice is a max VG and a brand called "Jüs". Any advice is appreciated.

sounds good
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

so my guess would be cotton too tight or maybe it's the older rba head with the narrow juice channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread