Kayfun 3.1 with Long chimney

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveNorCal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Nor•Cal
So I've had my Kayfun 3.1 (clone-from 101 vapes) for almost a week now, and I absolutely love it. The only downside to it is that I have to refill the darn thing at least twice a day.

So this morning I began looking into extension tubes so that it could hold more juice.

I ordered a tall M tank from Vivid Smoke and a long chimney from Vaperev with the intention of using the tall M tank in conjunction with my current kayfun tubes and the long chimney.

I couldn't find any info on the length of the long chimney-- to be honest, I'm sorta just banking that I can make this work.

Has anyone tried this yet?

ILoveNorCal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Nor•Cal
Yes the top and bottom caps from your original Kayfun will screw down on the M-tank, the parts are all interchangeable!!!....But really? you are vaping 4.5mil x 2 a day at least? thats a lot.

I typically vape anywhere from 6-12ml per day. so yes, the 4.5 ml tank is too small to last me throughout the day.

As for the other part, I know the parts in interchangeable -- that's not what I am asking. What I want to know is, with the Long chimney, what combination of body pieces will it require to make it all fit; as in the the body and the chimney are at the same height, with a top body piece that is threaded on the inside so the top cap can screw into the body and connect with the chimney. Does that make sense?

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
I think I understand but its only the 4 parts:

base, long chimney, long tank (10 mil) and top cap

long.jpg

ILoveNorCal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Nor•Cal
I think I understand but its only the 4 parts:

base, long chimney, long tank (10 mil) and top cap

View attachment 354094

You sir, are correct.

However, as I have just learned, there is a difference between the "Tall M Tank" and the "M Tank Long mode" -- what you have in your picture there is the "M Tank long mode" ...and what I ordered was the "Tall M Tank" -- not realizing that they made a long mode tank.

....I bought the wrong thing. :mad: I guess that's what I get for hastily purchasing without doing all my research.

ILoveNorCal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Nor•Cal
What I'd really like to find is a "transparent window" piece [as they call it on the SvoeMesto site] that fits between the top and bottom metal body pieces [the ones with the inside threading] that is longer to use with the long chimney. So the whole body wouldn't be plastic, just a bigger plastic window with the metal bits on each end to thread onto the base and top cap.

ILoveNorCal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Nor•Cal
yeah, I think at this point i'm just going to wait until I get all the parts in my hand, see if I can make it work, see what I need to modify, then see what other bits I need to buy.

We've got some pretty good plastic shops around my area... nothing else I can probably get them to cut some plastic tubing to length and thread it for me.

ILoveNorCal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Nor•Cal
update: as I have now received all of the pieces I ordered, I can confirm, that with a combination of Tall M tank and the standard kay fun body combined I can fit the long chimney. It looks a little weird, but not too bad.

I think I'm going to buy another standard tank body set, ditch the tall m tank, and alternate SS threaded bit, small plastic viewing window, ss threaded bit, small plastic viewing window, ss threaded bit, top cap -- just because I think I'll like the way it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread