Kayfun Lite on an Itaste MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying an upgrade from my spinner battery tomorrow. Hoping someone may just give the go ahead for what I am planning!!

I ordered a kayfun and need a battery for it. Will it be fine on an itaste MVP? My next upgrade is looking like it may be a provari but don't have the money to buy that today. I'm losing my mind with these crappy kanger tanks. I will not go back to analogs so it's time for an upgrade!! Any info and advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!
Holly

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi Holly. The Kayfuns I know of are juice delivery devices and do not need a battery. You do need kanthal wire (I use 28ga and 30ga) to build coils with, a screwdriver (2mm is common and there are other sizes people use), and wicking material like organic cotton balls, or rayon from Sally's Beauty Supply.

The Kayfun line of rba will work on your MVP2. The MVP2 does not need batteries. Its battery is built in.

If you have questions ask away. Many here to help you.

Yea I kinda mis worded that. I know the MVP has a built in battery. Not quite ready for a "mod" but I'm having terrible trouble with the kanger tanks and heads. I have ordered a kayfun lite plus clone to see if I like it before I spend $100 on the real one. Just wanted to be sure I was safe with a RBA on the MVP. Thanks for replying!!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Yea I kinda mis worded that. I know the MVP has a built in battery. Not quite ready for a "mod" but I'm having terrible trouble with the kanger tanks and heads. I have ordered a kayfun lite plus clone to see if I like it before I spend $100 on the real one. Just wanted to be sure I was safe with a RBA on the MVP. Thanks for replying!!

Yes you'll be fine; the tricky part is what gauge wire; you won't go wrong with 30 gauge;
If you get a bit of 28 that's worth a try too but thicker wire needs more power for the same ohms. The coil will last longer with thicker wire.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

I've been using Kanger tanks for two years--they work great for me. What kind of Kanger tanks are you using and what exactly is wrong with them? Maybe I can help?

Your Kayfun will be a bit top heavy on the MVP2 but it will work.

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
I ran a KFL on an MVP for about a year, both are awesome and work real good together. Look around you can pay over 65-70 bucks or as low as well under 40. You really don't need the full kit so that will save you a few bucks too. I just checked 101 Vapes but they're out of stock right now, they sell them for 39.99 and have literally sold thousands.

Enjoy your new setup, I'm quite sure you'll enjoy it.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I was just over at 101 vapes and noticed they just restocked the MVP2.

Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape

He restocks them every Tuesday afternoon.

I agree on using 30 gauge wire if using the mvp. I'm using 28 gauge in my Lemo (very kayfun-like rta) and the mvp is slow to fire it at 11w.

ilmostro99

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Feltwell, Engalnd
Using it right now. Works fantastic. A bit top heavy, but no problems at all. 2 days battery life and more than enough power to blow a respectable cloud with tons of flavor at 1.7 ohms. Photo on 9-26-14 at 10.59 PM.jpg

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Buying an upgrade from my spinner battery tomorrow. Hoping someone may just give the go ahead for what I am planning!!

I ordered a Kayfun and need a battery for it. Will it be fine on an itaste MVP? My next upgrade is looking like it may be a provari but don't have the money to buy that today. I'm losing my mind with these crappy kanger tanks. I will not go back to analogs so it's time for an upgrade!! Any info and advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!
Holly

What wattage do you normally vape at? Keep in mind the MVP maxes out at 11 watts. That said, my KFL+ lives on mine. It's a superb combo... all day juice and all day power. I'm a low wattage vaper so I only need to wind a new coil maybe once every 2 months or so. I "re-wick" that same coil maybe every other week. Plenty of vids on Youtube will guide the way for you.

For me... of all my tanks, nothing beats the flavor coming from a Kayfun. (Yes, mine's a clone too).

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I've been using Kanger tanks for two years--they work great for me. What kind of Kanger tanks are you using and what exactly is wrong with them? Maybe I can help?

Your Kayfun will be a bit top heavy on the MVP2 but it will work.

I swapped out the metal tank parts on a Kayfun to plastic (PMMA) tank and now it feels just right on the MVP ( and on the iStick). Same with a "nano" tank, but I have to refill pretty often with the nano KF.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
check out the eleaf iStick over the MVP.

For power and form it is a little more appropriate for a KF.

A Kayfun is a little top heavy for an mvp but it would be kind of ridiculous on the little istick. I see no gain in form. The MVP runs a 1.8 ohnm on the Kayfun with power to spare. Again the increased power is unecessarry unless you are looking to sub ohm and provides no gain over a MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread