Status
Not open for further replies.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
I apologize if there is already a thread about this, I had no luck searching for one.

My first order of DIY supplies is arriving tomorrow and I'm thinking of all kinds of combinations I want to try after I sample all of the flavors I ordered. I found very quickly that all of the different combinations were hard to keep track of simply because there are so many.

How do you keep track of the flavors/batches you have made or plan on making? Spreadsheet? Piece of paper? Drip and guess? lol

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
I also put the recipe on the label of the bottle. Hope that helps.
I was planning on doing that, will definitely make things easier when I have 20+ different bottles. :)

Actually I use a couple programs, a regular cooking recipe program and the ejuice calculator, which is a good program to work with and there are already some 30 or 40 recipes that come with it that you can change to suit your needs or just while making your own e-juices which you can save and name them yourself.
A cooking recipe program! That makes a lot of sense.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I use the calculator, then keep a parer with the recipe on it under the bottle until it's steeped and tested, If it's good, the recipe goes on the label, if not, I try to fix it so it's at least vapable, if it won't do after 3 tries to fix it, I add the recipe to my "flops" file and, try something else. If it's tolerable but not something I want again, it goes in the DNR (do not repeat) file. If I loose my files, I'll be vaping a good bit of skunk juice again LOL.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
Save all my recipes in the calulator and print the recipe card and keep the recipes sheets in a 3 ring binder. I will write notes and make changes on the recipe card, if i make them. WHen i make it again, then i will update the recipe in the computer. I have sections for recipes that i have made and want to make, and one for starting percentages

Dustin Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Albuquerque
Pen and paper. My first dozen or so recipes were meticulously recorded in my ipad notes. Out of all of those, really only 1 was a recipe I wanted to repeat. I was getting ready to make a big bottle of that one (dk tobacco banana kind of thing) and all of my notes were gone. Everything, gone. Now I just write them down as I'm making them.

Jo Patterson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Microsoft Notebook.

E-cigarette Notebook

Section for Recipes
One page per main ingredient - with all recipes listed - so if I am in the mood for something particular, all I have to do is look up that ingredient and see all my choices.
Section for e-cigarettes
one page lists all the websites that I use and what I like best about them
One page lists all ingredients I have read about - and what is important to remember - and if I have it or not
Section called Guides
One page for each Guide I have seen that might be helpful
Hoosiers and chart on additives are the most important so far
Section called Misc.
only a single page so far - with notes on gear,people, companies to avoid, stuff not categorized elsewhere

Of course I also have all my recipies listed in ez mix, and ejuice me up

I apologize if there is already a thread about this, I had no luck searching for one.

My first order of DIY supplies is arriving tomorrow and I'm thinking of all kinds of combinations I want to try after I sample all of the flavors I ordered. I found very quickly that all of the different combinations were hard to keep track of simply because there are so many.

How do you keep track of the flavors/batches you have made or plan on making? Spreadsheet? Piece of paper? Drip and guess? lol

Last edited:

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
I use the ejuice me up calculator but my recipes are pretty simple anyway. The most complicated recipes I make are two flavours at 5% each (chocolate/hazlenut or honey/Virginia anyone?!). I just use the calculator every time I wanna make up some more juices.

My only tip is if you're going to make two juices of the same flavour and of different strengths, you keep them totally separate until they're labelled! Ooops!x

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Moleskine-Notebook.jpg

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
3x5 note cards with date as the reference so the label looks like this 18 mg Ry4 7/20/13 or 12 mg 555 plus 04/08/13 The card has the title and date on it so I can always reference what the recipe is using that system. If I make an addition then I can put that on the note card as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread