kGo arrived today! Why is my carto crackling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Morning all! I think I must still be doing something wrong with the atty. I did blow it out, HARD. Didn't get anything out if it. Cleaned it out with really hot water. But I'd only put, like, 4 or 5 drops through it. I tried it again this morning. ICK. Maybe I'm just too used to the cartos. I've ordered some EMDCCs and should have those either today or tomorrow. Maybe you guys can tell me what in the world I'm doing wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331136736.804527.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331136736.804527.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 42

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Morning all! I think I must still be doing something wrong with the atty. I did blow it out, HARD. Didn't get anything out if it. Cleaned it out with really hot water. But I'd only put, like, 4 or 5 drops through it. I tried it again this morning. ICK. Maybe I'm just too used to the cartos. I've ordered some EMDCCs and should have those either today or tomorrow. Maybe you guys can tell me what in the world I'm doing wrong!

Yikes! I'm not sure why your Atty still tastes icky Luvinit... Maybe try another Atty or a different juice? Some of my juices taste great when dripped & others that I really like in cartos taste icky when dripped...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
I know.. the red is sooooo nice! I'll keep trying the atty,, with different juices, got some new ones coming this week. I should get my XXL cartos this week too.. kinda disappointing they don't hold what they say they will, but hey, less topping off is good! And dontcha just love that snap, crackle, pop??

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Cheeky.. I think I got your cartos and you got mine!! I got my XXL ones today and holy cow!! I got 3 mls in there! I used a syringe too, so was easy to measure. It's freakin HUGE! Kinda hard to be discreet with that thing, but wow, I AM impressed. And yes, it snaps, crackles, pops like mad! Boy, you better be sure you like the juice you're putting in there though... also got some new juices that I"m pretty impressed with.. Spring Vapor pomegranate is deeeelish! So is their French Toast and Tiramisu. Those were my favorites from another place, but these are just a tad better. Imagine how good they'll be in a week!

So you know I'm having an awful time with the atty's... I'm determined to figure these damn things out. I got 6 new juices today and really didn't want to have to fill cartos just to try them out. So I grab one of the little atty's that came with the kGo.. drip 3 drops in, screw it on, put the little cartridge on top and try it... ICK.. mouthful of liquid! I think it was water. I'd washed it out yesterday and I think it just didn't dry out properly. So take the next atty.. do the same. This time I think it actually worked! I could taste the flavor of the juice,, not fabulous, but it didn't taste all chemically so I figure that's a good thing. So now I've rinsed them both out.. and they're on the heat vent to dry.. I'll try it again tomorrow. In the meantime,, I'm totally loving that humongo carto.. Hell, that thing should last a couple days without refillling!!

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC

Hi there luvinit! Ya know, i think you might really just be used to Cartos. I have the same issue with attys. I just don't get a good flavor with them either, and i think it is because I have used cartos so long.

Hope you can work it out but it might just be that the taste from attys are not your preference. if you don't want to fill a carto, what about some cartridges? I have a drawer full of carts that came with ego kits and I just use those when i have a flavor I want to try out but don't want to fill an entire carto with it.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Less topping off is terrific! I'm wondering if they sent me a XXL rather than the XXXL I ordered... Regardless, I'm enjoying not having to top off every few puffs :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Hi there cheeky girl! Can you link me to these cartos you and luvinit are talking about..the XXLs?

thank ya! :toast:

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hi there cheeky girl! Can you link me to these cartos you and luvinit are talking about..the XXLs?

thank ya! :toast:

it looks like Hoosier is in three process of upgrading their website and they aren't accepting new orders until the upgrade is complete - when it's back up I'll send you a link to the XXXL cartos I picked up - you might want to try CCV in the mean time - I haven't ordered from them yet, but have heard good things, and they have a Huge selection with great prices and free shipping :)

Luvinit -glad the Attys are starting to work for you!! Dripping is how I'm sampling every new flavor I receive, and will be using it to retry the flavors I didn't like & am letting steep :)

Sent using Tapatalk
"Being happy doesn't mean things are perfect. It means you've decided to look past the imperfections." ~ anon

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
A little something I've noticed - I love the clear cartos because they're easy to fill, but they get so dark and kind of gross looking after a few hours of vaping! Any suggestions on how to keep it from turning brown or covering it up? The smaller ones are easy to hide under the big bore cone, but the XXXL doesn't fit...

Sent using Tapatalk
"Being happy doesn't mean things are perfect. It means you've decided to look past the imperfections." ~ anon

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
A little something I've noticed - I love the clear cartos because they're easy to fill, but they get so dark and kind of gross looking after a few hours of vaping! Any suggestions on how to keep it from turning brown or covering it up? The smaller ones are easy to hide under the big bore cone, but the XXXL doesn't fit...

Sent using Tapatalk

Hmm, what kind of juice are you using cheeky? I've had mine full of juice since yesterday, it is still the same clearish amber color as it was when I started. Not sure why yours is getting dark and icky looking.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Jammin - I'm using ECblends dragons blood which is amber colored in the bottle - I think its the heated nicotine & possibly due to the sheer volume of liquid I'm vaping - I'm about half way thru a 50ml bottle I received on Saturday, (plus a fair amount of other flavors!). I've read that it can be an issue with clear cartos that aren't clearomizers. It doesn't seem to affect the flavor at all, and I don't really mind when I'm home, but don't want to vape it in public! :p

Sent using Tapatalk

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State

Sent using Tapatalk

Order the black or stainless, then you don't have to see it??? Or you can clean with alcohol, I use vodka.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Order the black or stainless, then you don't have to see it??? Or you can clean with alcohol, I use vodka.

I think I'm going to order stainless when ever it is an option going forward (on cartos that don't fit the big bore cone), and I'll also be cleaning with vodka :)

How often do you clean your cartos?

Sent using Tapatalk

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Jammin - I'm using ECblends dragons blood which is amber colored in the bottle - I think its the heated nicotine & possibly due to the sheer volume of liquid I'm vaping - I'm about half way thru a 50ml bottle I received on Saturday, (plus a fair amount of other flavors!). I've read that it can be an issue with clear cartos that aren't clearomizers. It doesn't seem to affect the flavor at all, and I don't really mind when I'm home, but don't want to vape it in public! :p

Sent using Tapatalk

I use a clearomizer, but I can't for the life of me figure out what would make it a different color just because it is a clear carto.

THis is how mine looks:

ego 2 22.jpg

Is your liquid a lot darker than this? (the clearomizer is on the right, obviously! LOL)

Last edited:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Jammin - my liquid is a bit darker than that, but I think its the stuffing in the carto that is becoming discolored with use..
a6f845a4-43bc-ef3a.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

OH MY that IS dark! And yea, it does look like it is the filling, but still yet, I can't figure out why it would turn dark like that. When I used carts with filler, it never changed color at all. I can see why you don't want it looking like that while out. That is really dark! I wonder if it is the juice type you are using. Hopefully someone who uses clear cartos like you do will have some advice for you.

The only thing I can suggest would be more a future solution - switch to clearomizers. Do you think you would like them as much? The wicking in the clearomizer is so slight even if that turned dark you couldn't tell. Not sure if you can see the tiny wicking in my pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread