Kinda feeling let down

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkywins

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Tampa, FL
In the past when dealing with Provape i've had nothing but positive experiences. It's been a year or so since i've had to contact service but last week I decided to mail my 3 month old P3 in for the new software update (yay .5ohm)

Normally when dealing with Provape I get email notifications as to the progress of the RMA/Service - This time I never got the notice that my package had arrived, nor that it was being looked at. When I did email support to make sure they received it I was told that they had, and that it would be sent back out shortly.

cut forward about a week. After sitting in the office twiddling my tumbs all day excited that my Provari P3 has finally made it's way back from Provape I came home to find the device will no longer power on :(

I've tried several different 18650's and 18490's (all tested working) but the provari wont even recognize that i've put a battery in (no little light show) - Tried pressing the button a dozen or so times to get it to "turn on" - Nada - I've checked the contacts on the bottom spring, everything is reading clean.

I know that there's no such thing as a perfect company and that everyone has bad days but this is hardly what I expect from Provape, the package came looking perfect so I do not suspect an issue with shipping. This just seems to have slipped through QC's hands.

I've emailed the company but i'm not looking forward to A) being without a device for yet ANOTHER week, and B) paying for shipping yet again.

Is there anyone here that can offer any last second advice? plan B is to run down to the 7-11 and grab a pack of camels after the week i've had.

linkywins

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Tampa, FL
Stupid question, but are they button top batteries?
No such thing as a stupid question :)

Yes, these are the IMR AW 18650's bought directly from provape, i've also got a handful of the same bought from RTD Vapor, I've triple checked the polarity on them (and again just now because we all know how those things go!)

Thank you though

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
The only other thing is the spring has a tendancy to compress and not push up on battery, but you said you already checked that. Mine used to stop working and i would clean the contacts really good ,untill finally that just wouldnt help anymore.So I had to send it back, they returned it to me and it has worked perfectly ever since. That was over a year ago and was never told what the issue was,but it was fixed. Sorry your haveing issues, wish I could be more helpfull, but they are complicated regulated devices, thats why I kind of like my mechanicals more. My Provari gets babied and never leaves the house.

skilow

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Pittsburgh
Main reason I won't take my provari to local shop for update, store was horrible! I guess I'll live without updates until shipping is free, or update is worthwhile! But in all seriousness, I rarely use my provari anyways! Partially due to cs! Switched to reos, and an not looking back! Cs answers received about updates caused the change! Not pleasant people! will not visit local store for upgrade, due to local reviews! And will not pay shipping to upgrade! Provape is losing another long time customer, owning 4 mods. Will be selling provari of shortly! Reo mods, actually cares about their customers! And will ask any personal question! Support home made mods, with owners answers!
Not a brand who got to big for themselves, while ignoring the box mod movement,!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
In the past when dealing with Provape i've had nothing but positive experiences. It's been a year or so since i've had to contact service but last week I decided to mail my 3 month old P3 in for the new software update (yay .5ohm)

Normally when dealing with Provape I get email notifications as to the progress of the RMA/Service - This time I never got the notice that my package had arrived, nor that it was being looked at. When I did email support to make sure they received it I was told that they had, and that it would be sent back out shortly.

cut forward about a week. After sitting in the office twiddling my tumbs all day excited that my Provari P3 has finally made it's way back from Provape I came home to find the device will no longer power on :(

I've tried several different 18650's and 18490's (all tested working) but the provari wont even recognize that i've put a battery in (no little light show) - Tried pressing the button a dozen or so times to get it to "turn on" - Nada - I've checked the contacts on the bottom spring, everything is reading clean.

I know that there's no such thing as a perfect company and that everyone has bad days but this is hardly what I expect from Provape, the package came looking perfect so I do not suspect an issue with shipping. This just seems to have slipped through QC's hands.

I've emailed the company but i'm not looking forward to A) being without a device for yet ANOTHER week, and B) paying for shipping yet again.

Is there anyone here that can offer any last second advice? plan B is to run down to the 7-11 and grab a pack of camels after the week i've had.

I would be pretty upset myself if this happened to me. But I would use that energy to contact VAPE360, MonsterKenny, open a ticket and demand action and an explanation of why a device sent in for re-programming was returned DOA.

Go to the homepage herehttps://ProVape | E-Cigarette Forum and scroll down on the right of the page to open a conversation with the moderators of this subforum. Good luck, and hope you stay off the smokes!

linkywins

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Tampa, FL
A brief update:

Provape was very prompt in responding to my email to them - I explained the situation and they asked me to try a few harmless troubleshooting steps.

By the end of the business day yesterday they had apologized again and issued me a pre-paid shipping label to return the device to them. I was offered a free subtank mini for my inconvenience (which was extremely nice of them considering I was nothing but polite and courteous in my emails. goes to show you, sugar catching more flies and whatnot)

Not thrilled that i'll be out P3 for another week+ but at least I have my backups. Provape handled everything exactly as I expected them to (I just wish it never got to this point)

I'm not sure how a mod makes it out of the office in a DOA state. Granted they took care of the issue but what quality control could lead to this? :X I was originally going to have my device upgraded locally and while it would have saved me the shipping and time, my local vape shopes that offer P3 upgrades demand a $50 purchase to do the upgrade... I *HATED* the idea that this is something that can even happen to the device. How would provape handle it if I tried to ship them a device that some B&M messed up?

I'll keep everyone updated.

Thank you again to provape for addressing the issue promptly.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Seems like they got too big for themselves, or sold off! CS on updates is lacking! Having never handled updates also could be the issue. Either way, I'm not paying shipping, to MAYBE have my mod updated correctly! I'll just switch brands until provape wants to care about the customer again.
This is TOO FUNNY...

I had to reply.

Jim

Reactions: TFL!

skilow

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Pittsburgh
Have you visited the shops they partnered with? It's surprising they haven't BLOWN themselves up yet, with the lack of battery safety! Again,"just have to reply" if I'm there and these idiots explode a battery, which I imagine happens weekly, at least! Am I right to sue provape, since they sent me to such a store lacking any knowledge of this product? Again "just have to reply" must be nice to have an official provape store in your area that concerns safety! Provape needs to recheck this store and remove their license!

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA
Have you visited the shops they partnered with? It's surprising they haven't BLOWN themselves up yet, with the lack of battery safety! Again,"just have to reply" if I'm there and these idiots explode a battery, which I imagine happens weekly, at least! Am I right to sue provape, since they sent me to such a store lacking any knowledge of this product? Again "just have to reply" must be nice to have an official provape store in your area that concerns safety! Provape needs to recheck this store and remove their license!

If you are so concerned about it contact vape360. and let him know about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread