Lipo / 18650 interchangable option

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj138waterboy

Feb 13, 2015
I am currently waiting on my shipment of parts to come in and have been trying to figure out a way to have variable options for battery configurations. My general idea is to preferably find someone that can fabricate or 3-D print an 18650 sled with a built in XT60 connection common to lipo batteries. I have found some ideas close to what i am looking for shown here. I was thinking a heavy guage solid copper or silver wire in the grooves to act as a bus bar should allow enough amperage to flow for demanding applications. battery_connector_v01.jpg https://www.tinkercad.com/things/hqy93L5hKA9-battery-connector-v01

This one is more shabby but could be modified to serve the the same purpose.
QuadcopterPowerDistWithTapForElectronicsAndTwoBatteryInputs_11282013.jpg Super simple and compact quadcopter power distribution module - DIY Drones
So now I ask has anyone built something similar or had the thought to do this type of mod and do you think it would be worthwile? Keep in mind if using the 18650 sled in single, dual, triple, or quad there would only be 1 - 2 XT60 output connectors dependending on the amperage that would be pulled. For saftey Ring Terminal to EC5 Adaptor for Power Lab 6 & 8 12ga silicon would be minimum size wire for build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread