Status
Not open for further replies.

b2darizzle

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
New Orleans, LA
For us newbies at least, best thing to do if your looking to upgrade from Blu or prefilled cartridges or any of those gas station throw-aways, is go with something on the mild to moderate side of maintenance (alliteration win). Look no further - the functionality, power, stealth, class, and optimum flavor in an ecig configuration is all here. Ladies and gentlemen, the eGo Twist and eVod clearomizer.

hwIi5ZG.jpg

I know this has to have been brought up in previous threads, but having spent hundreds on strike out combinations of batteries and cartos or clearos all the while trying to remain small and sleek as well as obtain a wide range of power options, I had to put my 2 cents in.

The eVod and it's bottom coil design allows the juice to sit and wick at almost every angle, always producing a clean, full flavor vape as long as there's some juice in the tank. The atomizer heads are interchangeable and can be removed from the tank while remaining on the battery allowing for a great dry burn. I think they range between $4 and $7 depending on the vendor.

The eGo Twist provides voltages ranging from 3.2V to 4.8V, giving a wide range of a cool to a much warmer vaping experience. The 650 mAh version (pictured) measures just under 4" and lasts a good half day of constant vaping. Buy 2 at $25 a piece and the $6 USB charger to always keep one on standby.

Save your time and money, newbies, and do yourself this favor. :D

Last edited:

msween00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Hamden, CT
I totally agree. I have read there are a few good cig-a-likes out there, but Blu, Logic, etc never worked for me, and anytime I see someone with one I entice them to try my eGo Twist and iClear 16 and their face lights up. It's a world of difference. I haven't tried the evod but I'm really liking my iClear's. They are top-coil so sometimes you have to move the fluid around but my only bottom coil clearo's are Vision Nanos and I do not care for them much at all. I've been thinking about getting a Protank to see what all the rage is about so maybe that will restore my faith in bottom coils.

Very much like my eGo and for people still researching equipment, definitely go with something variable voltage, it's soo nice to be able to turn it up (my first battery wasn't VV and after using one a couple times I needed to get one). eGo Twist or Vision Spinner for some eGo-style. I like them both differently: the print on the Spinners is easier to read, but voltage is only marked .5 volts (3.3, 3.8, 4.3, 4.8) whereas the Twist has .2v markings. So a little more guesswork for the Spinner (for in between voltages), but need to look closer at the Twist.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Still use that combo on Friday Nights Out with the Wife, and, of course, a great backup setup, and travel setup. Couple of upgrades to that setup is now a part of my arsenal. The new Innokin iTaste 3.0 (https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html) runs $34.95 and includes variable power (6 - 11 Watts) and variable voltage (3.3 - 5 Volts), 510 and ego threading (for the evod), 800mAh, Ohms reader, display, +/- buttons, and more. Only slightly longer than the 650mAh ego and currently comes in four colors, Usb to micro passthrough (charger included), etc. VapinGreek review (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfysWtk5GSk). Just ordered two, in Black and Pearl to replace my Twists/Spinners.

The evod may be the best clearomizer on the market, at least if you read the reviews here at ECF and on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtqakeg3z4). Comes in ten colors, bottom coil, 1.6 ml tank, easy to fill and maintain, great draw, etc. Best price I have found is about $2.50 each from Fasttech ($24.78 EVOD Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Atomizer (10-Pack / 1.5mL) 10-pack - 2.4). Negative is that these ship (free Worldwide) from Hong Kong and take about 2 weeks to get and that this price is for packs of ten [different colors]. That being said, this price is actually lower than some vendors sell the replacement head/coils for, i.e., $2.48 each (checking just now).

Couldn't agree more with your recommendations. The newest, bestest, coolest version of this "out and about setup" is perhaps the next evolution, and may be even better I think, even as a Primary. The features on the new iTaste are so rich, they actually mirror the features of many entry level mod/APV's (at about the same price I might add), and may permit a longer use life than the Twists/Spinners provide. Heck, it's only a matter of time before the APV bug gets you, and the feature set actually exceeds that of some of the high end variable voltage APV's out there.

Thanks for the thread, your recommendations and participation. Good luck, congrats on getting here, and happy vaping!

Last edited:

Stratman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Florida
Variable voltage and fillerless juice delivery devices (especially the bottom coil changeable ones) are a game changer. :)

Good luck!

Keeping it in mind, although I'm not looking to make this any more complicated than necessary. All I need is another addicting hobby (I have one as you can see by my avatar)

grmpyoman

Jun 1, 2013
phoenix az
I have to agree with this post.I just purchased two of the Evods a few days ago, I have had absolutely no problems with them. No leaking on the battery, no sucking juice into my mouth, what a pleasant change from the half dozen other setups I've tried. Great amounts of vape. Am using an Ego T and a generic 650 battery.
Now to find a tobacco juice that is not so sweet. I like sweet, but not in my tobacco. I've tried two of the Johnson Creek tobacco flavors, too sweet. The only one I can tolerate Is Voda Vape.
I'd really like to find one that's VG based. Any suggestions?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have to agree with this post.I just purchased two of the Evods a few days ago, I have had absolutely no problems with them. No leaking on the battery, no sucking juice into my mouth, what a pleasant change from the half dozen other setups I've tried. Great amounts of vape. Am using an Ego T and a generic 650 battery.
Now to find a tobacco juice that is not so sweet. I like sweet, but not in my tobacco. I've tried two of the Johnson Creek tobacco flavors, too sweet. The only one I can tolerate Is Voda Vape.
I'd really like to find one that's VG based. Any suggestions?

Have you looked into the NETs (naturally extracted tobaccos) yet? There are some great vendors making wonderful tobacco eliquids, like Ahlusion, Heather's Heavenly Vapes, GoodEjuice. Worth exploring. I have always hated synthetic tobaccos, but I really enjoy the NETs.

Here's a thread worth reading:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/402545-ahlusion-tobaccos.html

and this one:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...scussion/412570-netty-awards.html#post9412248

and this:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sion/274904-natural-tobaccos.html#post5478320

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread