Looking for Best Coil Build for Eleaf Lemo 2 RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
Im totally new to coil building and i know there are a ton of threads on here about coil building. I figured something more specific to this rta might help others out as well. I just purchased the Lemo 2 last night and so far it's not bad but I was expecting more flavour out of the stock coil. I've been vaping for a year now and i've come to the conclusion I'm a flavour chaser over clouds. I'm looking for some recommendations on a good build for this rta to give me the best flavour. I know it doesn't come down to just coil build, but also wicking material, surface area, dual or single coil,etc.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
bueller.jpg

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

:headbang:

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Based on my experiences with the original Lemo (different animal, I know), a spaced 26 ga coil works best for flavor. For flavor, I normally run a 26 gauge nichrome 80 build, 7 spaced wraps on a 3mm mandrel (0.8 ohms @ 28-32 watts), wicked with ... cotton. Rayon gives a bit cleaner and more pronounced flavor, but ... cotton is easier to work with, IMO. Clouds are there, but nothing to write home about. For a little more vapor, but somewhat less flavor, I'll run a 24 gauge N80 build, 0.4 ohms at 35-40 watts. Flavor isn't as good as the 26 gauge build, but the vapor is quite a bit thicker.

With the extra airflow in the Lemo II, I'll probably go with the 24 gauge build to start, and see how that runs. If all else fails, I can throw a 26 gauge build in and close up the airflow a little. All spaced coils, though - especially with high-VG juices. With a lower VG juice, a contact coil may work out, but most everything I vape is >60% VG.

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
I determined that my issue with my tank was my wicking. I met a guy yesterday who showed me how to wick it properly. He cut the wick about 1-2mm shy of the juice wells. I myself was cutting them lined up with the wells and then when primed the wick I'd push them up against the side wall of the deck. I guess keeping them a bit shy and shorter allow the juice to directly enter the centre of the coil more constantly without anytime. As with my last build it would be fine but after 2 lungs hits dry burn right after that. It's been wicking perfectly so far without any issues and the flavor is much better than before.

Jatsie

Apr 27, 2015
Durban, South Africa
I have made 2 builds that I enjoy a lot.

1. Twisted 28g Kanthal with 7 winds and 3mm diameter comes to about 1ohm - nice and warm, full of flavour at 20W.
2. Plain 28g Kanthal with 10 winds and 3mm diameter comet to about 2ohm - easy on battery, colder vape at 15W but lotsa flavour

I am dreaming about my first mech - hence the higher ohm build.

azdavid

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
United States
I dropped my Lemo 2 and it says check atomiser when I try to use it.
I pulled it apart but can't see any problem.
I'm not sure what could go wrong with it other than the pin not contacting the mod pin, and as there's no adjustment in either the Lemo 2 or the mod pin, there's not much I can do.

I dropped mine also same issue. It was the afc ring was loose not allowing pin contact.. Follw the instructions here So you dropped your Lemo 2 and now it won't read on your PV. : electronic_cigarette
Hope it works for you it did me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread