Looking for decent tank solution.. anyone know of anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

logos

Dec 11, 2011
USA
I've been using a Vivi Nova tank with the replaceable heads for a while now. I'm really not that satisfied with it. For variable voltage vaping, if it's greater than 4v it seems to burn unless it's full to near the top. Basically, I'm wonder if there is a tank that actually can deliver the liquid well enough to vape at high voltage.

Either that, or do I just need to suck it up and go to dripping? I guess I'm all or nothing, if I can't find a tank that lasts most of the day, I'd rather not fiddle with it and just drip.

Thanks!

fatb0y

Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
United States
What kind of liquid are you vaping? if its a heavy VG liquid, because of its viscosity, it could flood the tank.

I vape ~3.8v - 4.5v depending, and I use a carto with a pyrex tank.

If you wanna try cartos again, I recommend getting this Tank Tool/Filler Tip - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks, I have one and its pretty great.

TarFreeMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Bellevue, NE
I've recently stopped hunting for the mythical perfect vape and broke out the old reliable Ciscos. I've been through pretty much everything: cartos in and out of tanks, every clearo out there, RDAs, RBAs, blah, blah, blah. I still use carto tanks occasionally when I'm pretty sure I'll be in a condition of lacking the coordination involved with dripping. I still use an oldish Wyvern on the rare occasion that I have the time and motivation to mess with building a coil. But my mainstay lately is a couple Cisco SRs because they just work as they should and taste as they should.

I am somewhat interested in trying an AMP tank one of these days as I haven't heard much bad about them. I'm also interested in maybe trying a VV bottom feeder at some point if such a thing exists. For now I'm following the KISS principle and enjoying vaping bliss again.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I tried one AMP Tank and liked it so much that I bought two more. It gives the identical performance as direct dripping. Some people have found them fiddly but I followed the directions on Avid's site and it's been nothing but smooth sailing for me.

Reo has a Woodville VV on their site but I don't know about availability. Bogger Box Mods has a DNA 20 bottom feeder but I don't know about the availability of that one either.

The VMOD-XL bottom feeder is always available and it's a quick/easy mod to get it to work with a Kick. Vapage runs 40–50% off sales frequently. Sign up for their newsletter to get notified of their sales.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
I've recently stopped hunting for the mythical perfect vape and broke out the old reliable Ciscos. I've been through pretty much everything: cartos in and out of tanks, every clearo out there, RDAs, RBAs, blah, blah, blah. I still use carto tanks occasionally when I'm pretty sure I'll be in a condition of lacking the coordination involved with dripping. I still use an oldish Wyvern on the rare occasion that I have the time and motivation to mess with building a coil. But my mainstay lately is a couple Cisco SRs because they just work as they should and taste as they should.

I am somewhat interested in trying an AMP tank one of these days as I haven't heard much bad about them. I'm also interested in maybe trying a VV bottom feeder at some point if such a thing exists. For now I'm following the KISS principle and enjoying vaping bliss again.

There are two VV Bottom Feeders on the market - Reo Grand and Bogger Box, both made in the US. I used to have a lot of VV stuff, now I use the Reo (non-vv) and the RM2 Atty with micro coils and it is far better than anything I have tried. I have done most the clearos, rbas, genesis tanks, etc. Beats them all. I know everyone is different, but this is my perfect vape. Not mystical for me. No desires to even look at other stuff.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD

I've been finding the quality control on the Cisco 306s is terrible. Each one seems to vape differently. When I first got in to them a little over a year ago, they were amazing but they don't seem all that special anymore. Perhaps I got used to them, but I've also had a few fall apart on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread