Looking for new mod..torn between Nemesis and Stingray clones...any preference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesbishop

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Hey everyone!!

I'm just back to vaping...I fell off the wagon and went back to analogs, but with much encouragement from my good friend and ECF member Cucco I'm back!! Previously, I was using mostly eGo's..both standard and twist, with a variety of different tanks and clearo's. I started back with them, but as typical with new vapors, I'm getting "vapor tongue", with no flavor at all..and the hits suck!!

Well, for those that don't Cucco, she's a serious vapor!! shes a previous 5 pack a day smoker who for about 18 months has only vaped, and she has some killer mods. her collection currently is:Mods: (3)S-T ELA; (1)S-T Simp(18350)-Ti; (1)S-T Simp(18500)-Ti; (1)S-T Simp(18650)-Ti; (1)S-T Simp(18500)-SS; (1)S-T Simp(26650)-SS; (2)GP PAPS X Atties: (2)KFL; (2) KFL+ V2; (1)Helios rda; (3)S-T Strata RDA(ELA); (3)S-T Strata RDA(Simp); Incoming: (1)S-T ELA

I'm currently down from Jacksonville, working on some projects with her ( we are friends IRL...not just here) and she graciously has let me use one of her spare mods...The Super T Simplicity 18500, with the KFL....she has it the coil set at .61 ohms on this one and WOW...HOLY JESUS! it is everything and more I could ask for in a vape.....that is except for price..way out of my league ( for now...maybe down the road with some savings.)
this is the beauty here: IMG_20140421_085020 (1).jpg

So now of course I NEED a mod..eGo won't cut it! I've spent hours reading this weekend, and both the Stingray and Nemesis clones seem to have lots of love, as do many of the Kayfun atty clones.

My question which one and why? If its simply the switch...magnetic are easily available for the Nemesis. Any other thing to consider? Brands of these two clones also seem to make a big difference and the Infinite appears to have the most love for the stingray, while the Hcigar seems to get alot of love on the Nemesis side

Any and all feedback would be deeply appreciated... :)

Thanks!!

Ken

time2quit

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
upstate new york
Welcome back. I got a Nemesis clone 5 days ago. As much as I love it's performance, the swith is already giving me problems. There's definitely upgrades that can be done to fix this, I'm not much into tinkering...aside from building coils haha! That being said...my Stigray is "in the mail" good luck!
BTW...I've fallen off the wagon twice. All we can do is, try...try...again

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
I would go with Stingray if you want something that works off the bat w/out tinkering...even with my magnets in my Clone Nemmy, I'll hear crunch if fire at certain angle...but I do like Nemmy and still use it a lot.

I think in general most people are saying the Infinite is the best Stingray clone and HCigar is the best Nemmy clone...I got my Stingray from Fasttech and I don't have any complaints besides that I have polish a lot (polish Brass edition).

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Hey everyone!!

I'm just back to vaping...I fell off the wagon and went back to analogs, but with much encouragement from my good friend and ECF member Cucco I'm back!! Previously, I was using mostly eGo's..both standard and twist, with a variety of different tanks and clearo's. I started back with them, but as typical with new vapors, I'm getting "vapor tongue", with no flavor at all..and the hits suck!!

Well, for those that don't Cucco, she's a serious vapor!! shes a previous 5 pack a day smoker who for about 18 months has only vaped, and she has some killer mods. her collection currently is:Mods: (3)S-T ELA; (1)S-T Simp(18350)-Ti; (1)S-T Simp(18500)-Ti; (1)S-T Simp(18650)-Ti; (1)S-T Simp(18500)-SS; (1)S-T Simp(26650)-SS; (2)GP PAPS X Atties: (2)KFL; (2) KFL+ V2; (1)Helios RDA; (3)S-T Strata RDA(ELA); (3)S-T Strata RDA(Simp); Incoming: (1)S-T ELA

I'm currently down from Jacksonville, working on some projects with her ( we are friends IRL...not just here) and she graciously has let me use one of her spare mods...The Super T Simplicity 18500, with the KFL....she has it the coil set at .61 ohms on this one and WOW...HOLY JESUS! it is everything and more I could ask for in a vape.....that is except for price..way out of my league ( for now...maybe down the road with some savings.)
this is the beauty here: View attachment 328471

So now of course I NEED a mod..eGo won't cut it! I've spent hours reading this weekend, and both the Stingray and Nemesis clones seem to have lots of love, as do many of the Kayfun atty clones.

My question which one and why? If its simply the switch...magnetic are easily available for the Nemesis. Any other thing to consider? Brands of these two clones also seem to make a big difference and the Infinite appears to have the most love for the stingray, while the Hcigar seems to get alot of love on the Nemesis side

Any and all feedback would be deeply appreciated... :)

Thanks!!

Ken

:)...........................

bluesbishop

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Well thanks for all the feedback!! I may not be looking for a new mod after all! ( well maybe for my GF)...my friend, Cucco called after she read my post and gifted me the Super T!!! I am BEYOND STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be on a mission now simply to find a good affordable mod to be able to "pay it forward" to friends that are serious about vaping....and the Stingray sounds like it may fit that bill :) Thanks everyone for your input...and thanks Lorrie!!!!!!!!!!

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I would go with the Infinite or Hcigar Stingray. It has much more visual appeal, and everyone and their grandmother has a Nemesis of one sort or another. It hits hard and is teenee tiny in 18350 mode.

Throw a Kayfun clone (stick with the Hcigar 3.1 or the EHPro KFL+ - the 3.1 is easier to fill, the KFL+ is smaller) on top and you're set. If you really want to make it smaller, get a Kayfun nano kit and roll with it (it shortens the Kayfun by 10mm, though your tank is smaller).

Buy an Ohm Meter, some 28g Kanthal, organic cotton, and some 3/32" drill bits (some use 1/16") and you're well on your way to a great vaping experience.

All of that should cost you less than $120.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I have both a Nemesis and Stingray clone. Both from Fasttech. If I had to choose one, I'd take the Stingray. It's shorter, has a floating center pin, and a magnetic button right out of the box. They both have somewhat crunchy buttons out of the box, but this matters less on the Stingray as it has a shorter throw by default. Another little thing is that the various tubes on the Stingray look more flush when screwed together. On the Nemesis you can clearly see where the seams are. On the Stingray you have to looks more closely.

Congrats on the SuperT. That's one great gift!

bluesbishop

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I've spent a week with my brass stringray mod from FT (white box, no drip tip) and it is exceeding expectations for $30.

I also really like the kayfun lite + plus clone from Tobeco which I think is superior to the more expensive Hcigar clones. Tobeco got that one right in my opinion!

V1k1ng,
On the Kayfun lite +....I have the real deal, but have been hesitant to purchase a clone because I'm sub ohming ( .61 with cotton wicking)....

After you comfortable enough with the tobeco for sub ohms ? Is build quality solid??

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I have a Tobeco stingray and a Tobeco Nemmy.

Stingray has a better design (switch is awesome, no crunchy, comes with magnet)

Nemmy is awesome too, but stingray is like an improved version.

I'm rockin an Origen dripper built at .47 ohms on my Tobeco stingray as I type this post.

i also have a Tobeco KFL
lowest I've built it was.70 ohms.
the insulators on the clone seems fine at sub ohm temps.

i wouldn't be scared to go lower, tho a KFL gets a bit harsh to me at that resistance due to the chimney design (but that's personal preference)

Last edited:

Dampfsucht

Feb 20, 2014
USA
I have both the nemesis (SS and brass) and stingray (brass) clones from ft. The stingray does not have a beauty ring that the nemesis clones do. (Evolve kick 2 doesn't fit my stingray in 18650 mode, so I'm using it without)

Be careful with using the KFL+ on the stingray; AFC screw could prevent atty from being removed from device. Removing AFC screw completely from atty before installing topper on device will prevent this from happening. :facepalm: (Note to self: hasn't happened yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread