Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Hi fellow DIY'ers,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a new Vanilla Custard Recipe. So far, I've tried the base recipe's and about 6,372 iterations and variations thereof:

Grant's Vanilla Custard Clone
Perpetua's Vanilla Custard
Stevo's Vanilla Custard

I just don't seem to like any of them, at least not like I like Nicoticket's CLS and CJMR's Renegade.

So I'm hoping some of you would be kind enough to share some of your own Vanilla Custard recipes or share a noteworthy VC recipe you've found that is different than the 3 above.

I really vape only a couple of flavors. For tanks I use a Strawberry Cream or Blueberry Custard (both of which I have great recipe's nailed down), but for my rda's I only use Vanilla Custards. I can't seem to get away from store bought VC's. I want to have a VC recipe I'm happy with so I can be completely self-sufficient when the new deeming regulations come.

Any input on VC recipes will be massively appreciated! Thank you.

Vape Happy,
Cullin Kin

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
I don't have any recipes, but have you tried True's Vanilla Custard? It's one in my main rotation and bet it would make a great component. It's a product line of Banzai Vapors based in the PNW. I don't know how far nationally they reach out but here is the FB link.

True | Facebook
My apologies if comment is irrelevant to subject. If so, will delete.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I wonder if it is recipe or mixing method? I too am a VC junkie and can't seem to get that body just right.

So this of course has me thinking of things like heated stir plates and such. I know this is how some makers get citrus to really pop but I wonder how that plays with other mixes? Heat the custard and vg as it mixes and then add other flavored after it cools? Or just the opposite maybe?

Inawera biscuit is one I have been playing with in my VC mixes. It is very vanilla wafer like

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I don't have any recipes, but have you tried True's Vanilla Custard? It's one in my main rotation and bet it would make a great component. It's a product line of Banzai Vapors based in the PNW. I don't know how far nationally they reach out but here is the FB link.

True | Facebook
My apologies if comment is irrelevant to subject. If so, will delete.

You're fine. Are they a flavoring company? Or is it a premixed e juice company?

I wonder if it is recipe or mixing method? I too am a VC junkie and can't seem to get that body just right.

So this of course has me thinking of things like heated stir plates and such. I know this is how some makers get citrus to really pop but I wonder how that plays with other mixes? Heat the custard and vg as it mixes and then add other flavored after it cools? Or just the opposite maybe?

Inawera biscuit is one I have been playing with in my VC mixes. It is very vanilla wafer like

Exactly what I'm talking about! The body is so hard. I've tried heated stir plates and it doesn't seem to play well custards imo, but I've only tried it after everything has been mixed. Maybe something like you said would change things.

I know Kent at Nicoticket doesn't use heat on his recipes though and they're still delicious.

I'll have to check out that biscuit flavor. Have you tried CJMR's Renegade?

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
You're fine. Are they a flavoring company? Or is it a premixed e juice company?

Exactly what I'm talking about! The body is so hard. I've tried heated stir plates and it doesn't seem to play well custards imo, but I've only tried it after everything has been mixed. Maybe something like you said would change things.

I know Kent at Nicoticket doesn't use heat on his recipes though and they're still delicious.

I'll have to check out that biscuit flavor. Have you tried CJMR's Renegade?
Premixed

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Are you familiar with this site? E-Liquid Recipes | DIY E-Juice | e cig Liquids a lot of good diy recipes there :)

Thank you! I've been through that site a few times actually, combing for some VC recipes that have at least been seconded by others as decent. I haven't been on there in a month or two though so maybe something new has come up!

Have not tried the cjmr juice. But Nicoticket is the only juice I still spend money on. Love radio, cb, and cls.

Ahh, dude. If I could convince you to try one more company, it would be CJMR's Renegade. That stuff is amazing and any VC fanatic should - theoretically - love it. It's only $11.99 for a 30mL too. No steeping required either which makes no sense. He literally mixes right before he ships, but it is awesome FOOB. If I could clone any recipe, it would be that one.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
My recipe is kind of boring but has been my ADV for a few years now:

10% FA Vanilla Custard
10% FA DK Tobacco Flavor

I love it and always come back to it after trying other flavors. It's got just the right combination of sweetness from the VC and "dryness" from the DK.

Just FYI...I always mix the two flavors separately (in large batches) and then mix them together as I need it. For some reason it tastes better that way, don't ask me why. They do get some time to steep on their own that way...maybe that's the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread