Looking for stronger throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, new here, def enjoying it now that I got some quality clearos. I love all the different flavors, especially the fruits, but I am looking for a bit stronger of a throat hit. I started off with a Stok Ego starter kit that I bought from the local cigar shop before I discovered I could get great quality for a fraction of the price through the forum suppliers here at EC. The Stok hits great,with the juice that came with it, looks like its using a CE4 clearo. I ordered 2 Imperial Ego's(battery and clearos, again look like CE4's) off of Ebay(still before I discovered suppliers here), but I soon discovered the quality was SERIOUSLY lacking, poor draws and nasty flavor on both clearos even using the same eliquid as in the Stok, honestly made me sick to my stomach, one broke already, I will probably discard them seeing as I wouldn't even want to gift them to any of my friends. Then I discovered EC and MyVaporStore and ordered a couple T3's(2.4 ohm) and an extra battery. I can see the quality in the these pieces and the draw is clean and delicious, though I would like the throat hit to be a little stronger. Should I order lower ohm atomizer heads when the time comes? My eliquid is 65/35 PG-VG. I am not sure what the PG/VG is for the Stok eliquid is but it hits harder out of the Stok, I will have to test it in one of the new T3's.

Should I look more to lower ohm attys for throat hit or does nic mg. also effect it? Any suggestions on decent fruit eliquids with a decent throat hit? Thanks for your help!

Funny note on the plethora of ego models available out there-

The Stok Ego is listed as 710 threading on their website, and the clearo and batteries don't screw in all the way with the battery from MVS and are not interchangeable. Stok must make them like that so you are stuck paying more for their clearos. Not gonna happen lol:2cool:

The crap Imperial batteries and clearos don't work with either of the other two models, cheap knockoffs? They are destined for the dustbin.

MVS equipment is working great! I look forward to ordering from them in the future. If only I had found EC earlier:blink:

Happy vaping!

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Lowering the resistance of your atty, and a higher nic content would both to varying degrees give you a better TH. I personally would'nt advise changing nic levels solely for TH though, not that many have'nt done that. I'd advise lowering your ohms, or even better yet, get a vv device like the Ego Twist, or similar. Then you could just dial in the hit to how you like it. A higher PG content would go some ways in raising the TH also, but overall lowering ohms or raising voltage is probably whast's best to focus on,imo. Also, like Grim said, the flavoring is a pretty significant factor .

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
You will get more TH from higher nic, more PG, more heat (lower ohms), or higher voltage from the battery. IMHO. Also some stronger flavors like cinnamon or mint/menthol.

x2!!

Also, look for specific flavors that are known to have good throat hit, such as Gold from NiteLiteVapor or Torque56 from Halo.

The Dripeez juice I am using is only 11mg while the Stok liquid is 16mg if I remember right. I guess I will buy another small vial of 16mg to test in my T3's while I am waiting for my current batteries to die out on me. I figure if I can isolate the variables to just nic lvl determining TH(for now) it will definitely keep things simpler. But I will be looking forward to experimenting with the vv batteries and LR attys when the time comes to order replacements, as I would prefer to keep nic levels low if possible. Is 16-18mg the average for most juices?

Thanks again for all the great input, great to be here! Happy vaping!

-Gabriel the noob

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
90% of throat hit (TH) comes from nicotine level, plain and simple. PG allows more of it to come through, VG mutes it to a small degree.

Warmer vapor by using a variable PV will enhance TH. Lower resistance also provides warmer vapor but more inaccurately. Additives such as pepper, vodka, etc do not provide the TH that comes from nicotine. They can provide a throat irritation/burning, but not the TH associated with nicotine.

BCWDragon

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
For me the biggest factors to TH have been ohms and volt/watts. I know you can get more from higher nic but I've worked down to 6mg not willing to go up just for TH. IMO get a vv/vw device like the twist or a mod. Will make you happier in the long run. Happy vaping!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The Dripeez juice I am using is only 11mg while the Stok liquid is 16mg if I remember right. I guess I will buy another small vial of 16mg to test in my T3's while I am waiting for my current batteries to die out on me. I figure if I can isolate the variables to just nic lvl determining TH(for now) it will definitely keep things simpler. But I will be looking forward to experimenting with the vv batteries and LR attys when the time comes to order replacements, as I would prefer to keep nic levels low if possible. Is 16-18mg the average for most juices?

Thanks again for all the great input, great to be here! Happy vaping!

-Gabriel the noob

"Most" vapers begin at 18 or 24 mg BUT there are no hard and fast rules. I began at 36 mg. When I was lowering my Nic/ mg content I began adding Menthol to my juices as it gave a smooth additional TH/ throat hit. This coming from someone that HATED Menthol analogs- would rather go without then smoke one. Menthol drops can be purchased separately and added to your fave juice.

Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 5- 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG. Many are now switching to a 50/ 50 ratio as it provides a smoother vape.

JamHam666

Oct 16, 2013
AZ
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
Many are now switching to a 50/ 50 ratio as it provides a smoother vape.

so is PG why sometimes I feel like im losing my voice a bit? Like ive screamed alot? or was that because I WAS screaming at the TV alot during Cards VS 'Hawks on Thurs?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
so is PG why sometimes I feel like im losing my voice a bit? Like ive screamed alot? or was that because I WAS screaming at the TV alot during Cards VS 'Hawks on Thurs?

LOLLLL also have to stay hydrated as vaping is extremely dehydrating. I gargle once per day with fresh lemon and water to wash away the PG/ VG coating. That's another reason many vapers are moving to 50/ 50 PG/ VG.

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
I saw a video on YouTube where a fella steeped chilli in pg for a day and added this to his mix look like he got a good hit. And he says he can not taste the chilli I have not tried it but may do in the future

You might be a redneck if you say throw some chili in it when the TH is not where you like it.

If like a stronger TH too. I've been using an ego battery with a generic iclear 16 and 12 mg nicquid smoothol liquid and got a decent throat hit I thought. Today my vamo showed up as did my bobas bounty(the real stuff) and I'm getting pretty much no throat hit at all, no matter what setting it's at. I was always a menthol smoker and naturally started vaping menthol, bobas was the first non menthol I've tried, looks like I'll be going back to a menthol liquid. I will revisit the bobas in a couple weeks to see if steeping makes it better for me. I also got a bottle of menthol drops but I'm having a hard time picturing what menthol bobas would taste like. I'd like to find another menthol I like besides the nicquid as it's rather expensive compared to most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread