Mod Battery Discharging Fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adalialives

Apr 9, 2015
NJ, USA
So I'm not incredibly new to vaping, I started like six months ago and I know a decent amount about it. However, I am new to mods and RBAs, which I just started like a month ago.

I've already built my own coil, it works beautifully, though I'm having a slight issue with my battery. It's an 18650 with 2600 mah or so, and for the first two or three weeks it held a charge for a day or two.

Last night I charged it, and within less than twelve hours, it had discharged to the point I could barely use it and ended up tossing the atomizer on my Curve battery, where it worked perfectly, it's just a bit too strong for my taste. I just charged the battery and it seems to be working fine for now, but it only took an hour or so, when typically my battery takes four or five hours to charge.

How long do batteries tend to last? Is there something I can do to make my battery survive longer? I think this one's just about dead after only a month and I'm not sure why.

adalialives

Apr 9, 2015
NJ, USA
That type of battery do you have (brand/amp limit)?
What mod were you using it on (mechanical or vv/vw)?
What is the resistance of your coil?
The brand is a Samsung and I'm not sure what the amp limit is. It reads: 18650, 3.7V, 2600 mAh. The mod is mechanical, and my coil's pretty high, it usually measures 1.2-1.5 whenever I put it on the Curve battery, which is vv/vw.

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
My guess is that since its a mechanical mod and this started recently....And using the same setup I've done this once before too....

I think you over discharged your battery.

50 50 chance that if you use it down to 3.9 volts a charge it a coule of times the runtime will come back too you.

If it gets hot though trash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread