Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaping in NYC

May 11, 2015
Hi, I'm in the process of Starting to Make my own ejuice, just need to order the Flavors.. I just have a few questions..

what is the most common size of Flavoring people order when 1st DIY e-juice? I saw Flavor Apprentince has some pre-made sets, but is 4ml enough?

what are the most common "Notes" used in Tabbacco & Menthol ejuice Recipes? i know there r different recipes but aren't there common flavors that are used all the time?

what is the minimum of Notes that I can use in Tabbacco & Menthols? 2, or is it a preference thing?
like what is the minimum amount of notes I need for to taste like one thing? let's say Strawberry or whatever

tabbacco we usually Smoke Danish Export and Amstersdam shag if the other isn't Avail. .both are made by P.STOKKEBYE
and Menthols Newports, and Parliaments .. not sure if that matters

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
Size depends on how much you want to buy, TFA I normally use 5-20% so 10% = 3ml if making a 30ml bottle of juice.( I personally bought around 18 4ml's of different flavors, 30ml's when reorder/If liked them)

I'm not a big fan of tobacco but tobacco / Menthol / brown sugar / caramel / Nuts / are common I'm pretty sure.

A recipe don't have to be complex ie 10-20% of strawberry should taste like strawberry. Note there's different variants/brands of strawberry "Fresh" "Ripe" "Organic" etc.

If your stuck on wanting tobacco juice Im gonna kinda hate to inform you I never had a tobacco juice that tasted like a analog It's more of a fresh tobacco taste, I've tried many.
Altho I heard "Black note?" tobacco line is close. I've tried many times to make a good tobacco for my parents and always got a bad feed back lol. Look around I'm sure you can find 100 or so tobacco recipes. Id go to some local vape shops and try different flavors if possible you will probably find something you like more then a tobacco flavor, Or just buy a bunch of 4ml(1.49$'ish) flavors you think you might like and build from there.

Vaping in NYC

May 11, 2015
i'm trying to make a Tobacco flavor for my bf, trying to get him off Cigarettes. but he only Vapes when at work….
he only likes tobacco flavors, he buys a crappy Tobacco flavor from the deli.. ( in NYC some Delis sell Vaping stuff, usually cheap over price crap) … since the juice he buys don't have a pg/vg levels listed I don't want to fork down $20 for juice that he might hate, cuz I hate regular tabbacco juice. I like menthols, so it would just sit there as a reminder of $ wasted...…. the BM stores by me currently don't stock regular tabbaco flavor, so I would have to order it online, and for that amount of $ + shipping I might as well just buy the flavors cuz it will be a lot cheaper, even if I make a bunch of test batches ,

I found some tabbacoo recepi but most were tabbaco mixed with fruit flavors and stuff . thx for the info tho

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Hi, I'm in the process of Starting to Make my own ejuice, just need to order the Flavors.. I just have a few questions..

what is the most common size of Flavoring people order when 1st DIY e-juice? I saw Flavor Apprentince has some pre-made sets, but is 4ml enough?

what are the most common "Notes" used in Tabbacco & Menthol Ejuice Recipes? i know there r different recipes but aren't there common flavors that are used all the time?

what is the minimum of Notes that I can use in Tabbacco & Menthols? 2, or is it a preference thing?
like what is the minimum amount of notes I need for to taste like one thing? let's say Strawberry or whatever

tabbacco we usually Smoke Danish Export and Amstersdam shag if the other isn't Avail. .both are made by P.STOKKEBYE
and Menthols Newports, and Parliaments .. not sure if that matters

I would recomend spending some time reading Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only | E-Cigarette Forum A lot of good information in that thread about tobacco flavors as well as items that enhance tobacco flavors and how to use these items.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Burley by Inawera and Virginia by Hangsen are as close as I have come to authentic tobacco taste. Oakwood by flavor art adds a sort of ashy taste as well. Some other things you may want are Acetyl Pyrazine ( adds sort of a nutty flavor ) helps round out flavor. Ethyl Maltol at low percentages sort of smooths things out a bit without being as heavy handed as vape wizard.

Menthol is super easy. 1-3% burley, 1% hangsen vanilla, and .5-1% menthol depending on your preference. This makes a very tasty mix that is strong vanilla menthol on the inhale with the tobacco taste on exhale. Percentages can be increased as needed.

I would venture to guess that whatever the bf is vaping is 50% pg or higher. Most of the commercial tobaccos I have tried are 50-50 PG or higher. In general higher PG will give you a vape that is less sweet compared to VG.

Good luck and let us know what you end up mixing. And if all else fails Radioactive by Nicoticket is my go to tobacco, it is on the sweeter side but no fruit flavor. Pricey to some but so tasty.

Vaping in NYC

May 11, 2015
thanks, will defy will look into that thread…
I guess I will make sure to buy from different Vendors so I can gather different notes and try out different recipes, will probably leave Tabbacco for last and will start with fruit flavors & menthol ..

I wasn't aware about Ethyl malthol, and Acetyl Pyrazine ….

wonder if menthol crystals would taste better than the regular liquid menthe flvrs

i thought nicoticket Radio active was Tabbacco mixed with vanilla and some other fruity favors?

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
thanks, will defy will look into that thread…
I guess I will make sure to buy from different Vendors so I can gather different notes and try out different recipes, will probably leave Tabbacco for last and will start with fruit flavors & menthol ..

I wasn't aware about Ethyl malthol, and Acetyl Pyrazine ….

wonder if menthol crystals would taste better than the regular liquid menthe flvrs

i thought nicoticket Radio active was Tabbacco mixed with vanilla and some other fruity favors?

Vanilla but no fruit. Sort of a light dry tobacco flavor with hints of vanilla. The description on the web is spot on it has a flavor like pecan shells. Which seems like it would be nasty but it is awesome. ACB from them is a sweeter stronger tobacco Caramel vanilla vape. I like both but prefer radio.

Menthol crystals are the same as the menthol solution. But you have to mix the crystals with pg yourself. Gives you control over your solution strength but ultimately does the same thing. The solution is a cheap easy way to try it without having to mess with getting the crystals to dissolve. You wouldn't really want to put straight crystals into your mix. You need to dilute them first.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
FlavourArt Tobacco Flavor Chart | E-Cigarette Forum

cigar-flavors-wheel-large.png

Reactions: Vaping in NYC

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Diy is harder than I thought, reading a lot os conflicting info. Use only water soluble flavors, but Water soluble flavors r hard to use, dont get me started on oils.. i thought I was going to look up recipe and learn from trial and error, but seems I have more Studying to do

Best information given thus far is buy all your supplies from a e-cig vender such as Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies You will then get exactly what you need and what works in e-juice. Almost all the products you will read about in these threads you will find there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread