Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Okay, I am starting this thread to post my results mixing mostly MBV flavorings (of which I have nearly 70 different ones).

I posted my first results in another thread that ended up with most people discussing the merits of MBV, their pricing, customer service etcetera.

So, what I hope this thread turns into is DIYer's posting their mixes using a majority of MBV flavor'ings' (concentrated flavorings) and the results each DIYer achieved.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Okay, here is my first review of MBV DIY flavorings:

"MOO JUICE"

I First mixed it at 10% 80/20 18mg, let it steep for two weeks and it was very week.

I went back and increased the flavoring to 20% in the original mix, thus cutting everything back resulting in a 71/29 14mg mix and let it steep another week (capped).

I loaded it up in a cleaned ProTank using an eVic (very great mod, and you will see why below).

At 5.5 ohms it was tasting like it had some kind of alcohol taste to it and burning my tongue. So I think I needed to let it steep some more, but knew it had already steeped for weeks.

Here is where my eVic showed it's great features off as I played with its many settings:

1.9 ohm coil
4.35 volts
10 watts
2 second automatic burn time (I press the firing button and the device burns for 2 seconds WITHOUT my finger on the trigger so I do not over-burn the juice)

The Results:
Tastes EXACTLY like it smells (and I love that great Moo Juice aroma) in the bottle. The eVic settings gives me a great big plume of smoke and perfect taste with only a 2 second burn.

I have went through an entire filled ProTank in a few hours as I can't set this great tasting juice down. The juice did NOT discolor as I neared the bottom of the tank and I just refilled it with another tank full of "MOO JUICE" from Mount Baker Vapor.

My opinion:
The "Moo juice" is a very complex flavor that needs to be vaped with a very complex device such as the eVic to achieve the perfect taste and plumes of smoke.

More reviews:
I have another FORTY batches of different flavors steeping atm and will return with the results on those as they mature.

UPDATE: I have now gotten the same taste of the Moo Juice aroma using the above listed equipment now using 5.3ohms (matured another few days)

Reactions: debb

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
UPDATE: I have now gotten the same taste of the Moo Juice aroma using the above listed equipment now using 5.3ohms (matured another few days)

Do you pehaps mean watts not Ohms?

I have tried Moo Juice with 0 and 2 flavor shots and it just OK. I use the concentrate at 15% along with 20% Starwberry ,also 15% along with 20% Blueberry. Both of these are better with 2-3% sweetener added.

I mix Afternoon delight flavoring at 17% and it is really good.

I mix Dulce DeLeche at 15% for a change of pace vanilla.

10% Bluebery plus
10% Vanilla Cup Cake is very good. Close to same as Blue Moo ?

I have many more but as taste is very objective I am not a big fan of posting recepies.

All of my ejuices get steeped as I have never tasted fresh that was as good as aged.

Still working on DIY Blu Moo , gave up on Blu Bacco after finding Blueberry Tobacco concentrate at Heartland Vapes.I use this at 30% and it is a match for MBV with 2 shots.

All of mine at 80/20 or 70 /30 PG / VG. I vape mostly at 5.5 to 7 watts.

Last edited:
Reactions: debb

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Bavarian Cream Donut (recipe from another DIYer that I found and tried)

MBV Strawberry 7%
MBV Bavarian Crème 6%
MBV Milk Chocolate 7%
TFA Sweetener 1%

18mg, 65/35, 4 day steep

eVic, 5.3 watts, 3.64 volts, 2.5ohm coil, 3 second burn,

Tastes spot on for me

Added:
MBV Menthol - 3%
MTS Vape Wisard - 1% (sorry a key is not working on keyboard)
Koolada - 2%

for a menthol mix that my wife hasn't turned her nose up to

themyst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2009
Whitestone, NY
I'd love a MBV Extreme Ice mix. I would assume it's a good amount of menthol in unflavored juice with a little wintergreen/sweetener.

I placed an order from MyFreedomSmokes to experiment with, and it seems that 1ml (20 drops) of Menthol TFA per 50ml of unflavored will produce a heavy menthol flavor without the residual flavors the premade stuff may have mixed in. I got some sweetener just in case it's too harsh, but if I come up with something decent I'll definitely post.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I have quite a few of their Flavorings...my problem with them...is you just have to use so much to get a decent flavor...so got me to thinking...am I really saving $$ by ordering from them? They use Flavor West..I have never bought straight from FW...so maybe ALL their flavoring is that light.

One recipe that someone here on ECF sent me that uses MBV flavoring...that, to me, is just great! Is their Blu-bacco, mixed with blackberry, a bit of their sweetener and a small amount of menthol. (and I do mean small..its not meant to be a menthol vape) or at least don't think so..it's just enough to feel a bit of cool when you exhale..you almost can't taste the cool. Anyhow, I've made this recipe so much, I ran out of blackberry..so I just placed an order for more blackberry the other day...I ordered from another brand though...hoping to not have to use as much blackberry, to make it last longer. LOL

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
I'd love a MBV Extreme Ice mix. I would assume it's a good amount of menthol in unflavored juice with a little wintergreen/sweetener.

I placed an order from MyFreedomSmokes to experiment with, and it seems that 1ml (20 drops) of Menthol TFA per 50ml of unflavored will produce a heavy menthol flavor without the residual flavors the premade stuff may have mixed in. I got some sweetener just in case it's too harsh, but if I come up with something decent I'll definitely post.

My wife enjoys MBV Black Ice missed in with a B&M tobacco flavor (I'm working on several other menthol mixes to try to get her off of the B&M bottles) and doesn't really like the Black Ice or Extreme Ice by themselves. I do have a 15ml bottle of Extreme Ice concentrate which I may play around with, but atm I have no plans for it.

Joie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
Okay, here is my first review of MBV DIY flavorings:

"MOO JUICE"

I First mixed it at 10% 80/20 18mg, let it steep for two weeks and it was very week.

I went back and increased the flavoring to 20% in the original mix, thus cutting everything back resulting in a 71/29 14mg mix and let it steep another week (capped).

I loaded it up in a cleaned ProTank using an eVic (very great mod, and you will see why below).

At 5.5 ohms it was tasting like it had some kind of alcohol taste to it and burning my tongue. So I think I needed to let it steep some more, but knew it had already steeped for weeks.

Here is where my eVic showed it's great features off as I played with its many settings:

1.9 ohm coil
4.35 volts
10 watts
2 second automatic burn time (I press the firing button and the device burns for 2 seconds WITHOUT my finger on the trigger so I do not over-burn the juice)

The Results:
Tastes EXACTLY like it smells (and I love that great Moo Juice aroma) in the bottle. The eVic settings gives me a great big plume of smoke and perfect taste with only a 2 second burn.

I have went through an entire filled ProTank in a few hours as I can't set this great tasting juice down. The juice did NOT discolor as I neared the bottom of the tank and I just refilled it with another tank full of "MOO JUICE" from Mount Baker Vapor.

My opinion:
The "Moo juice" is a very complex flavor that needs to be vaped with a very complex device such as the eVic to achieve the perfect taste and plumes of smoke.

More reviews:
I have another FORTY batches of different flavors steeping atm and will return with the results on those as they mature.

nice post....if you figure out a recipe for the butterscotch or the juicy fruit gum....please post. I have tried many times only to fail....badly.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
Any suggestions for mixing the MtBaker Creme de Menthe? I mixed @20% and it was really good but too strong to vape for very long. Trying for peppermint patty, I then mixed some with (MB) Dark Chocolate 50/50 and all I could taste was chocolate with mint after taste. Not bad but not what I was looking for.

I have had pretty good luck with mixing the MtBaker flavoring at 20%. Moo Juice, Ocean Breeze, Afternoon Delight and Cinnamon Roll was great @20% but their Root Beer is better at 10% (I mixed @20% and had to cut). The Bananas Gone Nuts was weak @20% but maybe my taste is off.

I ordered most of my flavoring only after I tried the ejuice from MtBaker and knew that I would like them. I did not try the Creme de Menthe and Dark Chocolate so I had no idea how they should be mixed. The web site suggests 15-40% so I did both @20%.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Any suggestions for mixing the MtBaker Creme de Menthe? I mixed @20% and it was really good but too strong to vape for very long. Trying for peppermint patty, I then mixed some with (MB) Dark Chocolate 50/50 and all I could taste was chocolate with mint after taste. Not bad but not what I was looking for.

I have had pretty good luck with mixing the MtBaker flavoring at 20%. Moo Juice, Ocean Breeze, Afternoon Delight and Cinnamon Roll was great @20% but their Root Beer is better at 10% (I mixed @20% and had to cut). The Bananas Gone Nuts was weak @20% but maybe my taste is off.

I ordered most of my flavoring only after I tried the ejuice from MtBaker and knew that I would like them. I did not try the Creme de Menthe and Dark Chocolate so I had no idea how they should be mixed. The web site suggests 15-40% so I did both @20%.

I have both Crème De Menthe and Dark Chocolate, but have yet to use either of them in any mixes. I would think that either would probably be better off as a highlight to a multiple ingredient recipe rather than stand-alone flavors. Maybe not though...

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
MBV Café Coffee

65/35 18mg Nicotene (all I had at the time) - 88.88%
PG - .24%
VG - .88%
MBV Café Coffee concentration - 10%
2 drops of TFA Sweetener (MBV is always out)

Mix result = 16mg, 68/32

After 2 weeks of steeping I tasted this and it was awful, very bitter. I decided to add the 2 drops of sweetener then and let it steep two more weeks.

Total steep time = FOUR WEEKS

Filled my Protank II on my eVic at 5.7 watts and 3.77 volts with a 2.5 ohm coil and a 4-6 second burn and it tastes awesome to me. Tastes like a dark roasted coffee with a bit of sugar.

Next time I will change to 48mg, 100% PG and adjust the PG/VG to get me at 65/35. And instead of adding 2 drops of sweetener I will add 2% MBV Sweet Cream (I like cream and sugar in my coffee ;))

But, even as it is as mixed above, I am on my second tank today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread