My 2nd mix, 10ml batch (advice please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uolamer

Nov 14, 2010
Beaumont, TX
I started off wanting to mix 80% pg, 20% vg 22mg/ml (I figured I might be adding more flavor and expected it to drop a little, 18-24mg area was fine) flavored with EcoBerry from want2vape.

I expected to use about 14 drops of flavor (which would have been fine for the RY4 from them) but this flavor was very weak, never could get it strong enough for me. I kept adding more and more flavor (while adding 1 drop of nicotine for every 4 drops of flavor, which should be 20mg/ml i am adding using 100mg/ml, bringing down the nic just a little but still keeping it real close).. Anyway I am up to 70 drops of flavor, decided to stop adding flavor, making it about 35% flavor at this point. Nicotine should be between 20 and 22mg/ml still which is fine..

Flavor is still not what i would want to smoke while it might compliment another flavor, it alone isn't much. I am already at 35% flavor. Only other flavors I have are RY4, Creme Brulee', 555.5, Marl Light, Peanut Butter Cup, and EcoBerry of course. All flavors are from want2vape brand. I am thinking of just adding either 555.5 or Creme Brulee' maybe RY4 and seeing what happens.. I also considered letting it sit for a while, but I do not think that will make it any stronger...?

any suggestions?

uolamer

Nov 14, 2010
Beaumont, TX
Is smoking a mix that is 35% extract bad? lol. That is the main thing that is bothering me at the moment. I think I might dump it. Only part I hate loosing is a little 100mg/ml nic juice not a big deal.. vg/pg I have more than i will ever use.. gonna just add some RY4 till i fix it or break it i guess.

I gave up and just dumped the batch.

Should have stuck to a smaller batch obviously. 10ml isnt crazy but wasted some juice. whatever. lol.

Last edited:

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Is smoking a mix that is 35% extract bad? lol. That is the main thing that is bothering me at the moment.

That's not necessarily a problem. Needing a high percentage of flavoring indicates that the flavoring liquid is not very concentrated and/or doesn't hold up well to the atomizer's heat. The flavor molecules themselves which produce the taste are quite potent. If the larger amount of the flavoring's base ingredients (typically PG, alcohol, water) doesn't cause problems with sensitivity, throat hit or vapor production then there's no reason for concern. The only thing I would worry about is other ingredients such as preservatives and stabilizers; best to read the label or consult the vendor in the case of off-brand flavorings.

I gave up and just dumped the batch.

Yesterday I was vaping a FlavourArt Virginia liquid made in June. I didn't like it at the time I mixed it and had just set it aside. Tried it again a few days ago and now I think it's one of my best recipes so far, and I'm planning on making 50mL of it this weekend.

I would not dump a batch of any juice that was less than a month old. 24 hrs. is the absolute minimum amount of waiting you should expect to do before tasting. Most of the fruit flavored recipes with VG base take about 3 days to produce full flavor. Tobaccos take longer, sometimes much longer before they're at their best.

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
It looks like there are a couple of options for the ecoberry on their site. If you got the mixing liquid, it looks like they are recommending a 20% usage for their flavors. I would make up a small amount. maybe 5 ml and let it sit for a couple of days to mellow and then try it. When we DIY we always let things sit a min of 24 hourswith the tops off before we try anything and then recap it and many times we let things sit for at least a week before we try it. I don't have any experience with this brand but have used Lorann's, Flavor Art and Perfumers apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread