My Ecig is making a high pitched squeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemiez

Jan 15, 2015
georgia
Hello, this is my first time posting in the ATV section so please excuse my post if it is not up to standards.

So I'll start from the beginning, I purchased an I taste 134 roughly 6 months ago now, from the start it has always acted a little strange. I've had to take it apart multiple times to clean it and once to reset the firing button which got stuck. One thing that it always has done is that it makes a electrical buzzing noise every time it fires. Now this aspect has never affected the performance of my mod but lately something different has happened. When my battery gets to about half power my ecig will start to make a high pitch squeal, Now I know what you're thinking bad batteries but I don't believe that's the case. I'm thinking it has to do with the current not grounding out properly mainly because 1, I can feel a slight electrical tingle on my tongue for about a Milisecond when it fires, 2 sometimes when it's really bad i can feel the current in my hand. The noise happens as follows, first the usual buzz happens but my clearomizer doesn't fire immediately. After about half a second the high pitch noise starts and my clearomizer fires fine. One thing to note is that the noise seems to originate from my bottom cap. To fix it I've tried taking the whole mod apart and cleaning it, cleaning the battery connectors and changing the clearomizer. One thing that will temporarily fix this issue is if I slightly unscrew the bottom cap of my mod. I'm really in need of someone with in depth knowledge.

My set up is as follows

Innokin Itaste 134 vw mod,
Innokin I clear 30 X.I clearomiser with 2.1 ohm coils,
2 mxjo IMR 18650 3.7v 2500mah
35a high drain batteries.
Nitecore intellicharger i2

If there's any info I've left out that you need just let me know.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
From what you've said, it sounds like a poor connection somewhere in the bottom cap area. Try cleaning the threads on the cap and the mod bottom well, isopropyl alcohol on swabs. Clean the spring loaded button as well, and maybe burnish it with a pencil eraser.

Flood the button with alcohol and pump it a few times so the alcohol gets down inside to help clean anything where you can't see it.

Give it LOTS of time for the alcohol to evaporate out before use!!

If that helps, but the problem comes back, chase down a replacement bottom cap.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
LOL not to fear. Most apvs especially the variable wattage/voltage units use an AC output that is often in the audible range. They use Pulse width modulation and the greater the gap between the pulses the lower the wattage. Coils in atomizers can act like speakers. So you have a tone generator and a speaker lol.
I"ve heard that before and my hearing sucks so if i can hear it it can be loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread