My Experiences with GearBest

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapee

Jun 8, 2015
Hi, just posting my experiences so far with GearBest, might be helpful to those who buy from them or to those that have not bought from China before too. Been getting various ecig and other products from them for the last half a year and so far seems to be very good.

The main thing at first that attracted me were some great prices on ecig mods and rta's they had that I couldn't find elsewhere like the goblin. It seems they have been adding alot of authentic mods, rtas, rdas since then too as soon as they are announced usually. They arrived fairly quickly (around 2-3 weeks) which is similar to other shops in China. I just went for regular shipping in this case, but they have faster shipping too if you wanted and some other free shipping choices that might be faster than others.

I decided to check out some non ecig stuff too as they have good pricing on watches, phone accessories, sun glasses, battery chargers etc. Most items were sent fast, some took a bit to process or send out, but they eventually were sent without me having to ask whats going on or anything. I've experienced similar waiting times on other sites for ecigs in China too, might be to do with stock levels sometimes of the item, but as long as its not something needed urgently its not an issue. Most were processed within a few days of ordering however.

I went for 1 pre order item too that I knew would take a while to be ready to ship, as in other pre order situations there can be delays and there was a slight delay so they did email me about this asking whether I wanted to keep waiting or cancel and receive some free gb points in addition to the refund. I eventually decided to cancel as I was on the fence about the item anyway and was offered an option to keep the cash in the gb wallet or back to paypal. I chose to keep in the gb wallet as I did have another item in mind to buy right after and was also offered more points for keeping the cash in the gb wallet.

The cs reps were fairly quick to reply even though I was most likely replying during the day gmt when theyre off work. Usually the case with other shops in China too though.

I found out that if you go for the option of keeping cash in the gb wallet the refund processes quicker as I believe paypal has some delay in processing refunds anyway. I also found out that they offer 5x the amount of points you would get otherwise which can be used against your next purchase too like the points you usually receive.

It seems there were issues with pre orders getting really long delays for some other items but I believe they have stopped doing pre orders like that and instead have an ability to sign up for an "Arrival Notice" instead which means you have not paid for the item up front. So its good that they're working on improving the system all the time too as well as bringing the latest items.

I noticed the special promotions too can be tricky to get if theres high demand and only a few at that promotional price, I found that as long as the price was the promotion one in checkout it was the reflected price then in the next page in paypal before it asks you to pay now through that system. I think they changed that system of promotions recently to make it easier to see how many items are left as there was a counter in the mini vf promo showing how many left of each color. I think maybe on very popular items there can be slight delays in the database sometimes so the last few people may not be able to buy the item as its already been purchased but thats been a similar thing I noticed on other promotions and low quantity items in the uk sometimes too.

Another thing I ordered was the kbox at the time with the promo code that was shared everywhere, the price did seem extremely low for an item that was only released a few months before but was worth trying for anyway. Ended up being an old coupon that maybe reduced by the wrong % so got a message saying it needed to be refunded which went smoothly within a day or so. I've experienced similar things even in large uk companies where a mis price has led to the order being cancelled. I think sometimes the price is kept but not always. Luckily theres been good promotions afterwards so could still get some bargains.

So in summary the experiences have been good, similar waiting like ordering from other China vendors too, but thats the trade off in the low prices vs buying locally. Also the waiting time for orders to be processed has been similar too for some items only. Best thing is be ready to wait a bit and rather than 1 large order in 1 go maybe make smaller ones spread over time, that way the items will arrive one after the other :)

There were some issues in the past with the delivery only being available as standard or expedited but now theres several free delivery options too to choose from that can take 7-10 days to europe or up to 2 weeks to the USA, also theres local warehouses for some items that'll speed up delivery and is worth checking out.

Its good that gearbest are providing some competition in the ecig space especially when you want to try out various mods, rtas, rdas etc, and are not sure which one you want to use all the time and would rather pay less to do so and also if you can't find the items available locally.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
So Far GearBest has been 1/3 for me.
3 orders placed and 2 Refunded due to failing fulfillment.
While they are typical of China Vendors for in stock items, they change pricing without any notification and expect an adjustment payment or change of order.
They are terrible at managing pre-orders and have listed pre-order items several times which they were never able to secure.

If you can't get it, don't push to sell it!
I may or may not order from them in the future, but likely not with the list of available vendors carrying the same for as cheap or less and a better overall track record.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I pre-ordered the original Goliath tank a few months ago with a discount. They were receiving and shipping out in batches. I got a notice of when mine would be shipped...but it didn't. No updates from them for over a month, even though people who had pre-ordered around the same time had gotten theirs. Another month later and a new shipping notice went out...but I couldn't track it. It took some three weeks after that for the tank to show up. Meanwhile, my buddy had pre-ordered two, had billing issues, cancelled and re-ordered...and got all four of them before me. So he gave me one of his and once mine finally showed up I just gave it to him. As it turns out I don't like huge dual-coil tanks, so eventually I traded it back to him for one of his unopened Kayfun v4. :|

vapee

Jun 8, 2015
Yea it seems there was alot of problems before with pre orders, thats strange why if you order early in a pre order you would not be at the front of the queue. I usually go for in stock items these days though, but theres that notify feature instead now so might try that in the future if theres something new I like the look of.
I think for tracking that site http://track17.net can work if you enter the tracking number but it might depend on the shipping method, I think on ft theres also some shipping methods that only track when the item lands or something too.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have had a lousy experience with GearBest by ordering a item that didn't show out of stock until I had paid. They kept on telling me wait a few more days until I told them I wanted my money back then it went into "pre shipment" so I couldn't get a refund anymore and there it sat for another couple weeks. They changed the price so that its one price on the site and another higher price at the checkout. When my stuff finally got shipped it was 42 days in shipping before it got to Canadian customs.
I only ordered from GearBest once and will never order from them again. I learned to check for in stock with fasttech a long time ago and/or bundling the 5 or 7 day shipping time items together.
I stick to coops for my gear...way less grief and no ugly knockoff surprise when you open your vapemail. ;)

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
On August 10/2015, I placed a small test order for some Youde UD Clapton and
Youde UD 26 & 28awg Kanthal wire spools using the Free Shipping option.

Youde UD 26 & 28awg Kanthal wire spools shipped within 5 business days

Youde UD Clapton wire spool shipped almost 30 days (1 month) after purchase date

70 days have past and I'm still waiting on both packages!.

-

phanner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
Frederick, MD

Youde UD Clapton wire spool shipped almost 30 days (1 month) after purchase date

-
Why haven't you reached out to them?

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Why haven't you reached out to them?

I have.

Dealing with these people is not the cakewalk you experience with Amazon support.

Kept hitting a brick wall until I contacted one of their reps on another forum.

The result (More than likely an effort to combat well deserved negative feedback in a public forum):

- A small $ Gift Code as compensation for the delay.

- I've been "promised" that I will receive a full refund if the packages don't
arrive in another week.

Worse case scenario, I'll open a dispute with PayPal (180 day purchase protection).

-

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
i currently have an open dispute with paypal. i paid extra for expedited shipping which stated 5-7 business day with full tracking. long story short it didnt arrive in 7 business days after shipping (i started counting when they sent the shipping email), the tracking wasnt available once it crossed into my country, and they blatantly contradicted their shipping timeframes in emails they sent me. i am disputing the shipping charge and want a refund on that.

the crux of my case is that they advertise 5-7 days shipping at checkout but are completely aware that it is almost impossible for the package to arrive in that time. in the email they send it states that the typical delivery time for my order is 10-25 business days. so if thats typical why are they advertising 5-7? it is false advertising at its finest.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I wish I'd known about this before I ordered. I ordered something two weeks ago and when I placed the order, it said it would ship in 7 days and I paid for a tracking number. The last time I checked my order was still "processing". And they sure as hell don't answer queries on order status. They say they will respond within 24 hours, but nope. I guess you pays you money, you takes you chances.

bobdoll

Jan 30, 2014
jakarta
i bought from them twice. Once they shipped the item properly, the next one they shipped an RDA by surfacemail : i will get this in 2 to 3 months > this is ridicules. when i contact them, they just don't care, they did a mistake and there is nothing they can do. Such bad service. I will only buy from Fastech they are very reliable and a lot more professional.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

orange157192

Multiple ID Suspension
May 22, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave

-

One of their reps I contacted on another forum refunded my money.

Made the purchase 90 days ago. Enough is enough!.

Some advice:

If British Royal Mail w/Tracking is an option for you, it's reliable
when dealing with this company as long as your order is actually
shipped.

-

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
i bought from them twice. Once they shipped the item properly, the next one they shipped an RDA by surfacemail : i will get this in 2 to 3 months > this is ridicules. when i contact them, they just don't care, they did a mistake and there is nothing they can do. Such bad service. I will only buy from Fastech they are very reliable and a lot more professional.

2-3 months from China to Indonesia?. That's F'd up!.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
If you think ordering from is frustrating, try to return a faulty device for a refund. You will find that they do not issue refunds. They try to negotiate a settlement for a partial store credit instead. Also they require you to post a youtube video that demonstrates the malfunction. Not only do they require a video, they also have standards as to the quality of the video that you post. I will never order from Gearbest again. And I urge others to consider other options when ordering vape gear.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
QUOTE="JimzDogz, post: 16951978, member: 134415"]Gearbeast sucks balls. Just try to get a refund for a faulty device their money back guaranty is worthless, I know from experience. When my Hcigar VT200 died after 3 days of use I found out what type buisness they are running. Avoid purchasing from this company if at all possible.[/QUOTE]

Update: Gearbest contacted me today by email. They have offered to refund me $15.00 or credit my account $20.00 if I will just keep the non functioning Hcigar VT200 that I paid $186.00 for from them. My response is HEY, GEARBEST YOUR SITE STATES YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE , I WANT MY MONEY BACK ALL OF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudeus Nordicus

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Some ways away from koala forests
In my experience they couldn't care less once you've placed the order. Tickets vanish as soon as you submit them and there are no replies to warranty enquiries. I've asked for an actual email address several times, but I suppose those requests also simply vanished.

Would I recommend them to a friend? Guess.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Sorry op but mine and many others experience with gearbest was nothing but an utter nightmare and personally I think they are only one level up from crooks, false advertising, not issuing full refunds, altering prices and times without notice and even shipping the wrong goods and then making it nigh on impossible for you to sort it out. Only PayPal saved my money as if left to gearbest I'd have been stuck with broken mod and a derisory amount in a year best wallet because getting screwed by them just encourages you to want to buy more from them. Glad your experience with them has been good but it is not the norm and they are not a company I'd want to recommend to anyone on a vaping forum they play on many people having tight finances.

Runamok3x

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
New Paltz, NY, USA
I too would not recommend GB.
Placed an order in November for About 12 items (most non vaping related)
They shipped partial about 8 items which I receive ok.
For The remaining 4 unshipped items I needed to contact them for where's my stuff
To find out that 2 of the items were no longer available(BTW still listed on their site and not listed as out of stock)
So silly of me tho think that they should have let me know.
So, after contacting them they said to pick some replacement items (very generic request)
So, I Picked 3 replacements that came within 8 cents of the unshipped items.
Later to be told that one of those items is also now out of stock.
K, no biggie,picked a new replacement.
Then told the other item was not available in the color I wanted,
K, give me a different color.
Then I was told that the item I picked was not the price on their website because I picked it from the US warehouse price was 17 and from the China warehouse was 27.
So, the were not able to ship from multiple warehouses.
Seems silly that customer service would not have made a call to the US warehouse and have the item shipped to make the customer happy.
After days of back and forth I gave up and had them credit for the original 4 unshipped items.
I can not recommend them and now when I use the $ from my GB wallet I'll make sure to keep my orders very simple
Maybe one or two items at most.
Again, I'm not a satisfied customer.

They are very unprofessional and sometime clueless.

Reactions: bussdriver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread