My first advanced Ecig, the Lavatube, and some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I just wanted to say hello to the community as I'm obviously a new member. So, hello!

Alright, on to my recent purchase. I recently bought a Lavatube V1 from a co-worker, and so far I love it, but I do have some questions. I had seen a review video about it where someone pointed out that the tube doesn't actually have a vent at the bottom as the hole isn't drilled completely through. Is this something to worry about? Are there any precautions to take that I may not be aware of? And would it be smart to finish the drill hole into the chamber?

Next, what is the best tank to use with something like this? I'm currently running a 2.1 ohm iClear 30. Is this a good tank to use, or should I look into purchasing something else? Also, as someone who still doesn't fully understand the differences between cartomizers, atomizers, and clearomizers, what are the pros and cons of each?

And finally, what are some general tips and tricks to using ecig mods? I've only been vaping for a little less than a year, but exclusively with egos.

Thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read this, and I'm excited to take part in this community of like-minded people!

Edit: I just checked and the hole is drilled completely through. Sorry I didn't check before posting, just ignore that bit.

Last edited:

PaulaNG

Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Largo, Florida, United States
First off I just wanted to say hello to the community as I'm obviously a new member. So, hello!

Alright, on to my recent purchase. I recently bought a Lavatube V1 from a co-worker, and so far I love it, but I do have some questions. I had seen a review video about it where someone pointed out that the tube doesn't actually have a vent at the bottom as the hole isn't drilled completely through. Is this something to worry about? Are there any precautions to take that I may not be aware of? And would it be smart to finish the drill hole into the chamber?

Next, what is the best tank to use with something like this? I'm currently running a 2.1 ohm iClear 30. Is this a good tank to use, or should I look into purchasing something else? Also, as someone who still doesn't fully understand the differences between cartomizers, atomizers, and clearomizers, what are the pros and cons of each?

And finally, what are some general tips and tricks to using ecig mods? I've only been vaping for a little less than a year, but exclusively with egos.

Thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read this, and I'm excited to take part in this community of like-minded people!

Edit: I just checked and the hole is drilled completely through. Sorry I didn't check before posting, just ignore that bit.

Hi Malcome and welcome - I'm a newbie too :) I am using the lavatube as well, after going through 3 650 ego batteries. I'm using the protank, and protank 2 on mine which seem to me to work very well.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You can learn the differences between clearomizers and cartomizers/cartotanks in this blog:

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Basically they differ in their construction and the wick system that they use. Clearomizers use silicone string to wick e-liquid to the heating coil. These can be either top coiled (warmer vape) or bottom coiled (cooler vape). The iClear clearomizers use two coils instead of just one. Clearomizers are often suggested for novice vapors because they are easier to fill and use than cartomizers. Some feel that they can mute some flavors.

Cartomizers use a steel tube to house a wad of polyfiller which totally surrounds the heating coil. Many believe this allows for more flavor and vapor compared to a clearomizer. A cartomizer with holes in the steel tube allow you to use them inside of a tank, called a cartotank. Each time you take a draw on the cartomizer, juice is pulled from the tank to replace what you vaporized. Cartomizer/cartotanks have a little more learning curve and take a little additional time to fill, but they are worth it.

Cartotank Setup Guide

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Every thing is an atomizer in one form or another, the different names just signify the style. A great starting atomizer is the Aspire Vivi Nova BDC tank. Dual coil with changeable coil heads. Great prices, lots of vape. As one learns, searches and experiments, they will discover their own favorite style, I prefer bottom coil attys. So most all my rebuildable's are bottom coil type rba's.

Welcome to the ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread