My first reveiw: AGT by YOUDE/UD Mini Genesis style tank atomixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaotikDreamz

Aug 21, 2013
near pittsburgh pa
Hello all E-cig Forum goers,

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Erik been vaping and smoke free since June 2013. Yes I know not as long as many others but yes I LOVE IT. So continuing on this is my actual first written review of a product and i hope to bring you all a lot more. Hopefully chalk full of my opinions and findings.

So what do you say let us dive into this.

Ok. First lets break down what you can expect when this arrives at your door and maybe after this review a lot of you might have these coming to a mod near you :p.

When you receive your AGT it comes in a standard YOUDE/UD box Black with a multi-color vapor stream on it. Nothing special or great just a box. Inside this box you’re going to find a well wrapped AGT atomizer and a small bag of goodies (aka- spare parts). And a set of instructions that well if you actually read them they are sort of funny(full of misspelling and bad translations- much like this review is probably going to end up lol) along with tiny tiny pictures in black and white.

So first thing that comes out of the package is the AGT generously wrapped in a good amount of foam wrap. Unwrapping the AGT we will get to that. Next is the Goodie bag.

[FONT=&]Contents of goodie bag[/FONT]
- 1 Piece of SS mesh 1.5in x 2in looks like 400mesh
- 1 Large O-Ring this is used to replace either the top or bottom O-ring for the Pyrex glass
- 2 Smaller O-rings this are for the air cap
- 1 Small screw either ground for fill hole. (Technically get 2 extra screws the fill hole screw won't be needed)
- 1 Small nut this is the nut on top of the pos. post
- 1 Pos. post insulator this can be used either the top or bottom.
- 1 Piece of kanthal roughly 4in. 34g < resistance checked with multimeter

Good amount of spare parts and surely gets you up and vaping if you’re not prepared with your own materials. +1

Now the AGT after spinning it out of its several wraps of foam. You get this little and i mean little atomizer. This thing is so small it's cute lol. But it looks great. It has a polished titanium finish and well-shaped.

[FONT=&]Size[/FONT] - The AGT is small and is going to need nimble fingers to rebuild this is going to be a must. For a lot of users i can see this being a major issue. But also comes with the small package of all these little attys. See pic below for size comparisons.

http://s88.photobucket.com/user/elk...9-4b6b-84f6-b3535841eebe_zpsbb32df65.jpg.html

As you can see the AGT is not much bigger than a 14500 battery and still smaller then a mini protank even with a good sized drip tip.

[FONT=&]Build[/FONT] -The build IMO is very well done specially for its size. First note the AGT "IS NOT ALL TITANIUM". Only parts that are titanium are the Base, Air Cap, and Top Plate. The center tube inside the AGT that the center post goes threw is stainless steel also the center post is stainless. According to their parts sheet it is 304 stainless. The Pyrex tank portion is a generous amount of Pyrex roughly 1/8in thick pretty hefty in the glass you’re going to be hard pressed to break that. Of course it’s a pretty standard atty. You have the base which an O-ring sits in then the Pyrex sits on that. The center post is O-ringed top and bottom top plate receives a O-ring then screw it all together. Air cap is held on by 2 outer O-rings.

[FONT=&]Dimensions[/FONT] -

Height - 2inches/49.5mm
Width - roughly 11/16in/17.5mm
tank size - 1.2ml tested with syringe
Weight - 24g

Over all the build is very nice for such a small package.

[FONT=&]Air Cap[/FONT] - Is a small air chamber with a slightly tight draw the air hole is roughly 1.2mm. But the lovely thing about the AGT's air cap is IT DOES NOT COME OFF. I mean this i tried my hardest to get this thing to just fall off it's not happening. Your drip tip will fall out before this air cap comes off. This little puppy needs to be wiggled off. Air cap is extremely nice.

Now let us get into the set-up here is where the drawbacks start to come into play.

The SS wick hole is tiny and I mean tiny. But I will admit they did try to squeeze every bit of MM they could into it. The reason the Wick hole is so small but already maxed out and can't be sized larger is due to the placement of the center post and its great thick Pyrex tank. This combo takes up most of the deck and leaves little space for the wick hole. Positive note with the fill screw removed this does have the possibility for a dual wick of course one wick will be smaller due to the fill holes thread, but this hole could be enlarged to match the standard wick hole.

Other reviewers have seemed to have issues saying the AGT was fickle in wicking and getting hotspots out of the coil. I must have gotten lucky as it took me longer to prep the SS mesh then to get the AGT vaping.

Great note with the fill hole screw removed this tank still doesn't leak. and i tried holding it upside down even given it a few good shakes.

[FONT=&]The Vape[/FONT] - Ok I was just wowed. This little guy hits like a truck. After getting this all set-up I took a what would be my normal drag and I could not handle all the vapor this thing produced and it has great flavor. First drag had me coughing and choking like I just started this lol.

My set-up for this turned out a 1.8 coil 32g kanthal and 500 SS mesh i did not use the stuff out of the goodie bag. This was placed on-top of a EVOD battery nothing more nothing less. Small atty meant for a small battery thus how it was tested. Until my 14500 precise simplicity from Super T comes in and that will be another review in itself.

The Coil/Wick

Now I had no issues with hotspots or coil or even with wicking not saying you as your own personal experience will not. I can chain vape this thing and it just doesn't quit on me lol. BTW will not attempt to chain vape this thing again have 12mg NLV vanilla in there and i got floored will be needing to down grade nic lol.

I have read a few reviews that others having a issue of the air cap getting hot. I chained this puppy and was only able to get it warm not hot or anything not tolerable. So again could just be i am lucky.

So overall i am completely satisfied with this atty. would I recommend it to others of course only with a word of caution that it is small and needs a good steady hand to wick and coil this puppy. This is a well-made and very well working atty with only a few minor drawbacks but can be expected due to its size.

[FONT=&]Pro's[/FONT] -

-Small size great on 14500/ego style mods and batteries.
-Great looking and nice finish
-Great vape in a little package
-Not terribly pocket breaking cost
-Thick Pyrex you break this i want to know what you drop it off of.
-Stealthy genesis style atomizer
[FONT=&]Con's[/FONT] -

-Small size limits it's wick and coil abilities
-Small tank if you’re a heavy vapor
-Small size needs nimble hands to rebuild
-Possible to get the atty hot.

Well that's my written review of the YouDE/UD AGT genesis style atomizer. Hope you enjoy the read and for those that find this TL;DR I will be starting a video review on this with hopefully a lot more to follow.

Any questions feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.

Again thank you for reading my review.

PS: Constructive Criticism is welcome Please don't be too harsh. It is my goal to bring you the best reviews possible.

Last edited:

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
Nice review, thanks

I came from the Super T thread on 16mm recommends... will buy this and try it, if it doesn't work on my 14500 it seems like a decent tank to fit in the itaste VTR.

will update you when I've used it.

Do you think that this would hold up to all day/multi-day use in pockets (upright) on seats (sideways) and occasionally upside down?

I know you said the seal is great, wondering if it would leak out the drip tip?

ChaotikDreamz

Aug 21, 2013
near pittsburgh pa
Well as for my daily use it has now had 2 tank full ran threw it and not a wet spot anywhere i can't get any juice to leak out of the tank. As for the leftover in the air cap i havent had a issue yet either but i also dont let my tanks upside down in my pockets to much :p

But on a testing side i just had it upside down for a good 15minutes and then slapped it into my hand and nothing came out.

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
I love mine, great flavor, good TH (it's smooth but still has a hit), tons of vapor. I have a problem with my center pin spinning when attaching it to a device, this creates a hot spot on the top coil. The only fix I have for it is an ekowool sleeve, for me it has no effect on the performance and makes it 100% easier to build. One work of warning, keep the coils small, you can burn the center post insulator.

ChaotikDreamz

Aug 21, 2013
near pittsburgh pa
I love mine, great flavor, good TH (it's smooth but still has a hit), tons of vapor. I have a problem with my center pin spinning when attaching it to a device, this creates a hot spot on the top coil. The only fix I have for it is an ekowool sleeve, for me it has no effect on the performance and makes it 100% easier to build. One work of warning, keep the coils small, you can burn the center post insulator.

No issues with that center post spinning on my AGT GoodInk. You might have the positive pin on your mod to high. Causing the center post of the AGT to hit first then binding as you try to torque it down. Suggestion adjust your mods positive post if you can. or just dont torque your AGT down as you may crush the insulator do the bottom of the post and get a short.

As for the coil size it's pretty much placement and how you go about tweeking and placing your coil i am having no issues running a good ole fast coil on my AGT.

Thats twisted 32g 7/6 wraps for 1.2ohms. Hits like a truck lol. Probably will soon be modding this AGT for dual coil/U wick set up. Then buying a few more this is a very good Genesis style small atty. Also that coil doesnt touch the insulator. and it's big enough for my to swap SS mesh wick out without rebuilding the coil or removing it. Just pull old wick out roll a new one and replace.

Last edited:

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
No adjustment, it's on a Provari.
goodink-albums-my-gear-picture237396-caption.jpg

Here you can see where I burned mine trying to use silica doubled over, I guess the wick was just too fat and I got the coil a little too close. More my fault than the atty's.

goodink-albums-my-gear-picture241681-agt.jpg

And yes it vapes good :)
goodink-albums-my-gear-picture241685-agt.jpg

BTW I forgot to say great review and I agree with just about everything you said but thought I should add the center post thing for others that do not have an adjustable center post, I guess it is a common thing with the UD's. Also mine does get hot, not burning hot, but you can feel the heat coming off it. The vape doesn't seem to get any hotter though, I am running a 1.7 ohm coil at 4.2v. This is just my :2c:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I've got a couple Phiniac AGT toppers on the way. I picked blue anodized and purple anodized. Purple isn't my favorite color but purple looked like dark blue in pic. If ugly I can buff to natural Titanium. I love the natural Titanium and Teal also but I managed to hold off (for now). I did opt for some blasted tank designs as well. Like Christmas again.

My IGO-F may have a formidable opponent soon. Maybe AGT can take my gold standard title from IGO-F; can't wait for the fight.

AGT Titanium Rebuildable Atomizer - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread