My iPV3 tears my batteries up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillythejew

Mar 25, 2014
Texas
Hi all! Has anybody else noticed how the ipv3's negative ends in the battery sled always get caugh on and tears the batterie's plastic coating? Im thinking about buying a box full of those replacement battery coatings. The only way I've been getting the coating to last longer than a month is by carefully pushing on the springs and watching closely to make sure that the thin disk on the end doesn't catch on the coating. Very frustrating and would be so much more enjoyable if I could just tug the black ribbon and pop my batteries out like I was hoping for. Already shorted out one of my VTC5s and a workhorse of a charger before picking up those sleeves at my B&M. Am I the only one running into this issue?

nillythejew

Mar 25, 2014
Texas
I've been havingn better luck with my Efests then I was my VTC5s. Efests are very well built. @Ficticious Character, how did you alter your way of removing the batteries? I cant keep them from ripping whether I work them out by hand (which should be easier than it is...) or just pulling the ribbon. Another trick I've found is to hold a lighter's flame near where you start to see a tear and the plastic will shink up back against the battery. Workin well so far, but I don't know how much longer that will work - and I don't want to accidentally melt the plastic to the battery - I'm sure rewrapping would be a ..... if I did.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I've been havingn better luck with my Efests then I was my VTC5s. Efests are very well built. @Ficticious Character, how did you alter your way of removing the batteries? I cant keep them from ripping whether I work them out by hand (which should be easier than it is...) or just pulling the ribbon. Another trick I've found is to hold a lighter's flame near where you start to see a tear and the plastic will shink up back against the battery. Workin well so far, but I don't know how much longer that will work - and I don't want to accidentally melt the plastic to the battery - I'm sure rewrapping would be a ..... if I did.

I think my way of removing them is probably what you are already doing I gently push the positive side in with my finger and pull it out, so that I can avoid the snag from the negative terminal. My springs might not be quite as tight as yours and that is why I have been avoiding the snags on the wrap. Using the ribbon though was snagging the negative side. I have been using the same sets of batts since Oct and have not had to rewrap the batts yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread