My new battery shuts off sometimes for no reason is this a sign it will wear out early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
I have had this 1300Mah VV/VW ego battery many times and they don't turn off unless you tap the power button 5 times in succession. However my new one turns off for no reason sometimes, which I don't see as anything more than a minor annoyance that I can easily ignore as long as it isn't a sine that it will wear out sooner than it is already destined to do. I know that no one can say for certain whether or not this is the case I just want an opinion from someone who knows more than me. I emailed the company about it and they have not gotten back to me so I'm not even sure if they would let me return it or not.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If it is malfunctioning in any way contact the vendor for replacement or refund, no reason to accept / live with a new battery with any problem.

In another thread you said they only last about 2 months, If they have that short of a life span stop buying them, there are dozens of other power devices that will last much longer.

Reactions: Thrasher

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Check the atomizer and make sure it's seated correctly and so it the coil. Make sure you don't have juice on or around the 510 connection. How long does it take for the battery to shut off? Maybe it's a timed feature or something like that? Final step would be to get an istick 30w. Mine is like old faithful in the vape world. Even after months of non-use, it still works like a champ.

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
Check the atomizer and make sure it's seated correctly and so it the coil. Make sure you don't have juice on or around the 510 connection. How long does it take for the battery to shut off? Maybe it's a timed feature or something like that? Final step would be to get an istick 30w. Mine is like old faithful in the vape world. Even after months of non-use, it still works like a champ.

I have made sure there was no gunk on the top of the battery where it cupples with the 510 threading of the aspire™ Nautilus, and the coil is new and has been screwed in properly like I have done all previous times. The battery seems to just shut off instantly and as far as the timed feature yes it will shut off if held down long enough (I believe it's 8 or 10 seconds but I never hold it down that long.)

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
My local shop will work on a mod/battery. Maybe you have one that will do the same. I looked around to see if I could find a battery that had a "5 minutes of no use and it turns off" feature and couldn't find even one. Sounds like a bad battery so be careful if you leave charging as there may be a loose wire/fitting/connection somewhere inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread