My next device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Colburn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Marlborough, MA, USA
Hey folks. I've been vaping for about two months solid now, and I love it. Me and my 510, we're good buddies. But more an more lately I'm becoming disenchanted with it. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong, maybe something's defective, but I've had a lot of issues with leaking and/or juice in the mouth (gross!). Also, the battery life isn't the greatest, which I know is par for the course when you're talking about the 510. For those reasons and others, I've decided I'm emotionally ready to start seeing other people using other devices.

I've been looking at the DSE's, both the 801 and the 901. They're affordable, they've got good reviews (relatively speaking), and they're popular. People have to like them for a reason, right? I've also got my eyes on the Protoge. It's sleek, it's beefy, it's bad-..., and it's customizable with its different atty adapters.

Here's my vaper's profile, so y'all can figure out what device(s) might be best for me. I'm not a big throat-hit guy. I mean, I like to know that I'm inhaling something, but I don't need to feel like I'm going to cough. I like bolder flavors, like 555, coffee, menthol. I vape pretty much all day: At home, on the road, at work. Every 5 minutes, it's in my hand and in my mouth (that's what SHE said!). I have no qualms about carts, and in fact I'm still a rookie dripper -- I haven't quite worked out the right technique yet. Oh, and I kinda like a medium to easy draw. Too hard and my throat gets sore.

So... any recommendations? Peace!

Jeff989

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Indiana
i have a janty dura and i love it! but here in a few months when i get more money im going to invest in a janty eGo plus maybe by then there will be some ground broken on this ban and hopefully it will be destroyed... plus the ego seem a lot more in my price range then some of the 150 dollar PV's, but dont get me wrong, id LOVE to have one lol mainly i want a better pv for battery life

maybe try taking a drag into the mouth and then inhale, not directly into the lungs... if i take a drag directly into the lungs it burns like no other

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
I have been a 510 gal myself since I started vapin'. I just got a protege about 2 weeks ago. It lasts pretty much all day on 1 battery. You could use your 510 attys with it & get different adapters to try out other atties.
I am just getting into KR808 cartomizers. But have used PTB shredded mod with great success. I am still working on the slug.

I really love HV drewbacco juice from nhaler but it is a little sweet might not be for you.

I really liked Freedom Smokes winston which you may like.

Good Luck!

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Hey folks. I've been vaping for about two months solid now, and I love it. Me and my 510, we're good buddies. But more an more lately I'm becoming disenchanted with it. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong, maybe something's defective, but I've had a lot of issues with leaking and/or juice in the mouth (gross!). Also, the battery life isn't the greatest, which I know is par for the course when you're talking about the 510. For those reasons and others, I've decided I'm emotionally ready to start seeing other people using other devices.

I'm not a big throat-hit guy. I mean, I like to know that I'm inhaling something, but I don't need to feel like I'm going to cough. I like bolder flavors, like 555, coffee, menthol. I vape pretty much all day: At home, on the road, at work. Every 5 minutes, it's in my hand and in my mouth (that's what SHE said!). I have no qualms about carts, and in fact I'm still a rookie dripper -- I haven't quite worked out the right technique yet. Oh, and I kinda like a medium to easy draw. Too hard and my throat gets sore.

So... any recommendations? Peace!

Wow, this sounds almost word for word like my situation except sub the M401 for the 510. I solved the problem with the KR808D (Vaporking). So much happier now with that. Better performance and much more consistent and convenient. Haven't touched the M401 since I got the VK a few weeks ago.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Do you mean the indulgence and obsession? It shows a drop down to choose an adapter so I don't think they're all included. Plus I don't see a KR808D adapter. Maybe not listed yet?

The drop down is where you choose which atomizer is to be included. The adapters are all included. I don't know about KR808D. What is it compatible with?

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can't say enough good things about "The Bartleby" by Cybervex. Standard nico-stick box mod running 3.7v using a 14500 900maH battery. Has USB circuitry so it is recharged via USB, and can be used as a passthrough. Standard 510 batteries last me about 45 minutes before I need to recharge, these batteries are lasting me about 10 hours!

Here's a review I did on the Bartleby

Mustang394

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Colorado Springs, Co
Do you mean the indulgence and obsession? It shows a drop down to choose an adapter so I don't think they're all included. Plus I don't see a KR808D adapter. Maybe not listed yet?

It's in their sub-forum all adapters are included for that price. I know for that price I am going to get one.

Their DPV9 is the same as the KR808D

Last edited:

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I can't say enough good things about "The Bartleby" by Cybervex. Standard nico-stick box mod running 3.7v using a 14500 900maH battery. Has USB circuitry so it is recharged via USB, and can be used as a passthrough. Standard 510 batteries last me about 45 minutes before I need to recharge, these batteries are lasting me about 10 hours!

Here's a review I did on the Bartleby

I ordered one the other day, looking forward to it. Pretty slick little gizmo! :cool:

DJ Colburn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Marlborough, MA, USA
Well, I went and got myself an RN4072. I have to say, the vapor production on it is MINT, but so far I'm not feeling any throat hit, and the flavor's a bit blah. Then again, I'm using the pre-filled carts that came with it. Once they're dry, I'll start refilling them with my own favorite juices and see how that goes. True of false: the RN4072 is compatible with the DSE 801?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread