Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Tenorman

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Hello everyone, I just wanted to show off my recently made mods.

This is the first one I made. Actually its the second, but the first to work.

P1010253Medium.jpg

This is my first Nicostick. Its a bit rough since I built it out a ratshack box that didnt have a switch in it, so I had to put a switch in myself. Also, as you can see from the extra hole, I couldn't decide where I wanted the LED at first. Nevertheless, it works great.
P1010250Medium.jpg

This is my second Nicostick, already much refined over the first one.
P1010251Medium.jpg

And this is all three of them together. I'm pretty proud of them, I made a Nicostick for my dad as well since he can't really afford to buy normal ecig batts and these are much cheaper and last much longer.
P1010254Medium.jpg

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have, just showed these to show it can be done :) I can make these in 510 or 901 connectors if anyone is interested. Happy vaping everyone!

Last edited:

Scott Tenorman

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
What's on the end of the Magnum? They look great!

Its actually a 1" table/chair endcap. I bought a 4 pack at TruValue hardware for $2.50. I experimented with several different options and I settled on this because its a little flexible (in case you drop it and it lands on the atty), super easy to attach, leaves plenty of room for the atty and actually expands the chamber making it easier to keep wiring and metal separated, can be easily removed in case a repair is needed, and it looks good. At least I think so :)

Scott Tenorman

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
And how's that giant MadVapes switch compare to the RS one.

Well the madvapes switch is a bit bigger but I think I like it better. The RS switch needs constant pressure (slight pressure, but pressure nonetheless) to stay connected, but with the madvapes switch, once you pass a certain point in the travel of the switch, it takes almost zero pressure to keep it depressed. Seems like a little thing and it is, but I still think I like the madvapes switch better.

I think I will put one of the small RS switches like the one on the flashlight mod into a box mod. They are pretty nice too and can be put into the side of the box, if you like to hold it that way.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well the madvapes switch is a bit bigger but I think I like it better. The RS switch needs constant pressure (slight pressure, but pressure nonetheless) to stay connected, but with the madvapes switch, once you pass a certain point in the travel of the switch, it takes almost zero pressure to keep it depressed. Seems like a little thing and it is, but I still think I like the madvapes switch better.

I think I will put one of the small RS switches like the one on the flashlight mod into a box mod. They are pretty nice too and can be put into the side of the box, if you like to hold it that way.
If that's the cheap, under spec .5A switch why not use MadVapes similar 2A one?

MadVapes LLC

Scott Tenorman

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
If that's the cheap, under spec .5A switch why not use MadVapes similar 2A one?

MadVapes LLC

You mean on the flashlight mod? I actually have some of the 2A switches but when I made the mod I was so anxious to build it I couldn't wait for parts. Its easily replaced though so I will probably do that soon. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread